The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
It should be lots fun to watch "IceBowl II"
Go Dallas!!!!

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1116 Posts

Profile of imgic
Dallas beat Detroit on a bad ref's call. The Pack will prevail in this Icebowl as they did in 1967.
Go Pack Go!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Bad calls are now an accepted and integral part of the game. The notoriety of the Refs, both on the field and in the booth, and the technology used to both arrive at the bad call and replay it ad infinitum are testiments to the importance of the bad call in todays person without a fatherized game of Football.
Football was once a sport, now it rivals One Life to Live in drama.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's hard to bead GB... just sayin'
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Funny how, just like last year, no one is mentioning the champion Seahawks. (And deafening silence from those who said their last SB victory wasn't likely to be repeated.)

My predictions:

NFC:

Divisional:

Green Bay over Dallas.

Seattle over Carolina

Conference:

Seattle over Green Bay

AFC:

Divisional:

Baltimore over New England

Denver over Indianapolis

Conference:

Denver over Baltimore

Super Bowl:

Seattle over Denver

Go Hawks!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think Green Bay will probably beat Dallas, but Dallas has a better shot than Green Bay to beat Seattle on the road.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Maybe. But we've already seen how tough the NFL'S best defense can be.

Important numbers to keep in mind. Pay particular attention to the points against:

Dallas:

Points for: 467
Points against: 352
Net points: 115

Green Bay:

Points for: 486
Points against: 348
Net points: 138

Seattle:

Points for: 394
Points against: 254 (which, I believe, is best in the NFL)
Net points: 140

Also note that when Seattle lost to Dallas in October they were not playing at full strength. They are now.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
196 Posts

Profile of R.S.
With the exception of Seattle/Carolina, they all look like good matchups.

Anyway, I hope we get to see a lot of flea-flickers.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well Bob- I agree with almost everything you predict except Denver. They will not be in it- New England is hot and will be in the Superbowl. As to who I want to win the Superbowl now that the Steelers are out:

1. Green Bay (Coach McCarthy- born and raised in good ole Pittsburgh, PA!)
2. Seattle (I love Russel Wilson- seems like a very upstanding and good person)
3. Baltimore (I really like Andrew Luck and would like to see Reggie Wayne get a Superbowl)
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, RNK wrote:

3. Baltimore (I really like Andrew Luck and would like to see Reggie Wayne get a Superbowl)

Huh??
~michael baker
The Magic Company
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, RNK wrote:

Huh??

Sorry- I meant Indianapolis, lol. I was thinking of the old- Baltimore Colts! Wow- that's a really bad mistake, lol!!!!!! I don't think there would be one Steeler fan rooting for the Ravens! At least, I would hope not!!!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Rnk-

My later predictions are based on my guess that the Ravens will beat Indianapolis this weekend. If the Patriots should win, then I would favor them over Denver, thus facing the Seahawks in the Superbowl.

PS- Yes, Russel Wilson is a nice guy with good qualities, but don't hold that against him. Smile
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Go Patriots!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Rnk-

My later predictions are based on my guess that the Ravens will beat Indianapolis this weekend. If the Patriots should win, then I would favor them over Denver, thus facing the Seahawks in the Superbowl.

The previous, obviously, is an error and should read, "...my guess that the Ravens will beat NEW ENGLAND this weekend. If the Patriots should win, then I would favor them over Denver, thus facing the Seahawks in the Superbowl."
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well Bob- obviously the Ravens and the Pats are despised if you are a Steeler Fan. But I think the Ravens are more despised therefore I predict your prediction is wrong!

RNK
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
My father raised me to be a Cowboys fan. You know--Texas Stadium has a hole in the roof so that God can watch his favorite team.

My son has become a huge Packers fan, and even claims that American football is now his favorite sport.

I myself think about whether football is the sport of the democracy or a republic, and whether that means something for our future.

I also have a disturbed sense of humor.

Go PACKERS!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1116 Posts

Profile of imgic
When we has exchange students from Germany come stay with us in Wisconsin, we would watch American Football and have to explain it to them. It's amazing how complicated the game is when you have to explain it to somebody who's never seen it.

The only thing more fun was trying to explain baseball (Thank Goodness we never did get to the infield fly rule, as I've no clue about that...)

And we sent them home with a ton of Packer's gear...helping spread the brand of the best team in Democracy's sport throughout the globe....
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
GO PACKERS!!

~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, RNK wrote:
Well Bob- obviously the Ravens and the Pats are despised if you are a Steeler Fan. But I think the Ravens are more despised therefore I predict your prediction is wrong!

RNK

It doesn't matter because, in the end, the winner of the conference will lose to Seattle in the SB.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4898 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am a die hard Packer Backer and my son is a New England Fan. Best scenario for me is for them to face off in the Superbowl (and my team win) but once the Packers or the Pats are out, my son and I still root on for each others team.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL