The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Poof Daddy

My son & I are just the opposite, he's a Packers fan & I'm a Patriots fan. I was born & raised in New England so the only teams are the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics and the Red Sox (NOT necessarily in that order). We are both hoping for a Patriots/Packers Super Bowl!!! If it does come down to Patriots/Packers, someone is NOT going to be very happy at the end of the game!!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Dallas is the best road team in The NFL at 8-0, this road game
is similar to conditions in Chicago where Dallas also won.

Aaron Rodgers will not be as mobile as he was against Detroit,
due to his continuing calf injury.

Green Bay does not stop the run effectively which Dallas will
lean on to offset the frigid temperatures. Having said that,
my second favourite team is Green Bay.

A Seattle/Dallas rematch would be a dream for the entire league
and networks. We shall see, we shall see!
Image
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
The Packers will win the football game.

One a semi related note, just heard that former Cowboy Jethro Pugh passed away today. Fans of Dallas will remember him as an integral member of the "Doomsday Defense" Packer fans remember him as the man Jerry Kramer blocked to let Starr slip into the endzone for the game winner in the "Ice Bowl". Great player.

I can't believe I'm not going to be at the game but I think it's gonna be a good one.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4803 Posts

Profile of RNK
As I would love to see the Packers win for Coach McCarthy- good ole hometown Pittsburgh guy, if Romo continues his hot streak and the ref's continue to favor Dallas- it's going to be tough for them to win.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, RNK wrote:
As I would love to see the Packers win for Coach McCarthy- good ole hometown Pittsburgh guy, if Romo continues his hot streak and the ref's continue to favor Dallas- it's going to be tough for them to win.


I didn't see anything in that Detroit game, including that bungled call, that should worry the Packers too much. Packers have a pretty decent QB as well. A heck of a lot better than Tony Romo who really hasn't done much in this league yet. If they think playing the Packers in Lambeau is like playing Detroit in whatever they call that stadium of theirs in Arlington, they are going to be in for one long, cold, afternoon.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
If there were some sort of NFL conspiracy to advance the Cowboys, they wouldn't have lifted the suspension of the League's dirtiest player, Detroit's Ndamukong Suh.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, RNK wrote:
As I would love to see the Packers win for Coach McCarthy- good ole hometown Pittsburgh guy, if Romo continues his hot streak and the ref's continue to favor Dallas- it's going to be tough for them to win.


I didn't see anything in that Detroit game, including that bungled call, that should worry the Packers too much. Packers have a pretty decent QB as well. A heck of a lot better than Tony Romo who really hasn't done much in this league yet. If they think playing the Packers in Lambeau is like playing Detroit in whatever they call that stadium of theirs in Arlington, they are going to be in for one long, cold, afternoon.


Rogers wasn't any better than Romo this year. Romo has done quite a lot in the NFL. Not in terms of playoff wins, but it's a team game. By just about any other measure or quarterbacks, he's in very good company...generally with good quarterbacks who took more years to do what he's done.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:
If there were some sort of NFL conspiracy to advance the Cowboys, they wouldn't have lifted the suspension of the League's dirtiest player, Detroit's Ndamukong Suh.


Great counter point Mr. O.
For those that missed "Dirty Suh",
Image
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He's a thug.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Rogers wasn't any better than Romo this year.


Yeah? Well we'll see who gets more MVP votes. Romo isn't even the MVP of his own team.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Dallas minus Romo wins zero games.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Rogers wasn't any better than Romo this year.


Yeah? Well we'll see who gets more MVP votes. Romo isn't even the MVP of his own team.


The fact that DeMarco Murray is a better running back than the Packers have doesn't have any bearing on whether or not Rogers is better than Romo.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, LobowolfXXX wrote:

The fact that DeMarco Murray is a better running back than the Packers have doesn't have any bearing on whether or not Rogers is better than Romo.


Right, cause having an 1800 yard rusher hasn't helped Romo be a more successful QB.

So then by what standard, and using what numbers, do you want to make the case that Tony Romo is a better QB than Aaron Rogers?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Based on total quarterback ratings for the season, Romo and Rogers have virtually identical averages. Romo, first with a rating of 82.7 and Rogers second at 82.6. Full breakdown and details at: http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

(That said, Seattle's Russel Wilson is only rated #12 overall, but given his rushing yards, which in many games have exceeded to total team rushing of his opponents, he is a better quarterback that either Romo or Rogers.)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Yards Per Attempt is among the best single metrics for a QB. Certainly having Murray on the team helps Romo; on the other hand, it also statistically hurts him. One of the arguments for Rogers over Romo is that Rogers had more TV passes; Romo's TD total is depressed because Murray us a tremendous weapon in the red zone and scores many of Dallas' s touchdowns.

I don't think Romo was particularly any better than Rogers this year; I think they were about equivalent. Rogers certainly wasn't MUCH better, if at all.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
That's probably why Romo is ranked #1 and Rogers #2. And your argument also would apply to Wilson, given the rushing yards he gets from Lynch as well as the ones he himself runs up regularly.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
We shall see, folks we shall see.
Dallas loves being the underdog this year!
Image
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
As a Detroit Lions fan, I would like to see both Dallas and Green Bay lose this game.




Pheck the Cowboys, and pheck the Packers!


Smile
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Well, look at the good side- less chance of needless GB injuries without Suh...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Bill Parcells is NOT rooting for Green Bay.
Bill Parcells Talks

Image
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL