The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I thought it odd that Green Bay didn't go for 2 after the last touchdown.

There's not much difference between 21-20 and 21-19; there's a huge difference between 21-20 and 21-21.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
How fast things change.

This is a tough game for me. Being from fudge I want Green Bay to lose. My wife bring an Eagles fan wants Dallas to lose.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Wowzer!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Incredible ending.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
They have to meet Seattle ... Didn't the Sea Hawks beat them by 20 last time?
GO HAWKS!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1116 Posts

Profile of imgic
Not as thrilling as original Ice Bowl...but a very good game.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2015, Slim King wrote:
They have to meet Seattle ... Didn't the Sea Hawks beat them by 20 last time?
GO HAWKS!!!!!

Yes. On September 4th, Seattle beat the Packers 36-16.

I anticipate a similar result in their match up next week.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Green Bay was hardly playing as well early in the season as they have been since their bye week. Seasquawks won the season opener against the Packers... hardly a laurel to be resting on now. Packers also lost to Detroit on week 3. Where are the Lions right now? Oh, yeah... not in the playoffs. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, Michael Baker wrote:
Seasquawks won the season opener against the Packers... hardly a laurel to be resting on now.

Agreed! Their 7-game winning streak by an average of 17 points, including wins over some of the better teams in the NFC, however...and the best home field advantage in the league...

I think the Packers have won their last game of the season. No win, no cover next week.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Seasquawks? Really, Michael, what does the best team in the NFL have to do to get the least bit of respect?

What name will you call them after they win next week?

Lobo- Not to mention that they had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year (and are in the strongest division) and played every game with a target on their backs.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Seasquawks? Really, Michael, what does the best team in the NFL have to do to get the least bit of respect?

Lobo- Not to mention that they had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year (and are in the strongest division) and played every game with a target on their backs.

Squawks gets capitalized.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On Jan 11, 2015, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:

Squawks gets capitalized.

Why? The official name of the team is spelled Seahawks. The "hawks" part isn't capitalized.

But note that I have enough respect for the Packers that I refrained from demeaning them by referring to them as the Slackers. (Which, of course, WOULD be capitalized. Smile)

Note that I did get your joke. I'm just being contrary tonight.
innermind
View Profile
Regular user
suburban Detroit
154 Posts

Profile of innermind
As a Lions fan, I approve the reversal of the Dez Bryant call.

HoHo.....HeHe.....HaHa!!

Here are some comments from Lions players regarding the Cowboys loss to the Packers:

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/11......ol-u-mad

Karma, Cowboys.....Karma!

Now, to make things just about perfect, we need the Seahawks to destroy the Cheeseheads next week!

Smile Smile Smile Smile
"Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else." -Will Rogers
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Lighten up, Bob. I even made sure to put a winky face on my post. Of course I'm a die hard Packer fan (have been since before there were Super Bowls), but it's still a game and I haven't forgotten that... in spite of how the rest of the world seems to want that to be different.

Seahawks are a great team, no doubt. I'll admit, the replacement ref fiasco from a few years ago had most Packer fans shaking their heads, so beating the Seahawks is still a wound-licking quest. Yes, the Seahawks have a target on their backs next week.

Rodgers is still playing on a bad calf, so that alone may affect the game. But, considering the turnaround outcome of today's game, unless he has to be pulled next week, I won't use that as an excuse if we lose (I do hope his pass/completion ratio is better, though). But, however it goes down, the world goes on. In over 50 years, I've seen the best of the Packers and the worst of them. I'm not a fair weather fan.

GO PACKERS!!

~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I am lightened up Michael. Ya never heard of talking smack? You talk it to me, I talk it back. That's the way it's played. Smile

No fair weather fan here either. I've been a devout Seahawks fan since 1988 when I moved to Seattle.

No doubt Green Bay is a strong team and it will be a good game.

But in the end, the Slackers will go down. Smile

Seriously, the opening odds have Seattle as 7.5 point favorites.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/11/75......ionships
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20193 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think The Pack peaked too soon. That seem finished. That game was at home.

Seattle seems on track to beat them handily. My wife is happy the Cowboys lost. I will do a small cheer when Green Bay loses on Sunday.

Green Bay should not be able to have two quarterbacks like Rogers and Farve so close together. Though for a Packer I find Rogers oddly likeable.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4791 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tweet from Wisconsin State Senator Chris Larsen:

"Seems more than a coincidence that Chris Christie is mad at Green Bay right now and we're all stuck in traffic."
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Well Bob, I don't doubt that the odds favor Seattle. But if you watched the pre-game yesterday, 3 out of 4 of Fox's talking heads picked Dallas over Green Bay. It ain't over til it's over. Smile

Danny, I don't expect any less from someone who spent too much time in Bears country. Whether or not you are/were a fan, here's a little anecdote regarding Da Bears... I was once at a Bears/Packers game at Soldier Field, wearing full-on Packer regalia, including a cheesehead. All through the game, I was being hollered at and hearing "GREEN BAY SUCKS!!" I just kept pointing to the scoreboard. After we pounded them, and while walking out of the stadium, I heard a couple of those same Bears fans saying, "Man, we really suck..."

You won't hear a Green Bay fan say that, regardless of the outcome.

Oh, and for what it's worth, it's Rodgers and Favre. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Michael. If you look back on this thread, you'll note that I picked Green Bay over Dallas. Just as I'm now predicting Seattle over Green Bay.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
At least the Dez Bryant play has stopped all of the "The league wants Dallas in the Super Bowl" conspiracy theory sports talk radio calls.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dallas Vs Green Bay Divisional Round (58 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL