The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The global governance paradox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Y4f1c6VSI

“Professor David Held describes the major challenges of our time, stability in global finance, the environment and resource use, equitable world trade, and nuclear proliferation. However, a paradox lies in the increasing level of global issues in a world where politics and identity remain rooted in local and territorial divisions. It remains to be seen how global governance structures will evolve to address these issues.”
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
That is what I was thinking.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
We know what you were thinking.

“We monitor 27 million Arabic tweets to see what they are thinking.” Who do you think we are?

Here is a clue for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM-J_TM2pRc
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
Global Rulers on intercontinental and planetary scales

In 2012 the Trust published Global Rules, Local Rulers, an analysis of the relationships between international economic regulators and civil society groups. In this follow up work an interdisciplinary group from the University of Warwick Global Research Priorities in Global Governance (GRP-GG) programme reflect on the findings of the original report and identify suggestions for research or capacity building activities that might be taken forward in the future by the Trust or others.

‘Global’ applies to conditions that manifest themselves beyond individual countries and regions. ‘Global’ problems cross borders and in some cases envelop the planet as a whole.

‘Governance’ refers broadly to constitutive practices and regulatory aspects of society: the formulation, application and review of rules, norms, standards and principles that are invoked to bring order and/or to effect change in a human collectivity. Combining the two terms, ‘global governance’ can refer to regulatory processes and constitutive practices that shape social relations on intercontinental and planetary scales.

http://www.carnegieuktrust.org.uk/public......l-rulers

Hmmm Just up the road. Take me to your leader.

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/research/prior....../joinus/

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The global governance paradox (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL