The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Robert Baxt's Comical Comic Book Prediction (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I don't own this (yet), just saw the video. Since it's coming from Robert Baxt, I'll go out on a limb (not too far) and say that it's funny, and likely very well made.

I like the fact that you can customize this for a lot of different presentations.

http://robertbaxt.com/productCOMICALcomicbookPrediction.html

I'm not sure when this was released, does anyone have one and can offer feedback?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks for bringing this to our attention barts185! Even though I think the method used here is an old force, I really like the "package" with the comic books and case so I ordered an will post my thoughts when I get it.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
I just ordered this and chatted with Robert. These are selling much faster than he anticipated. He doesn't think that he'll be able to get the same material at the same price as he was able to for the first batch, so if anyone is thinking about getting this, I would suggest doing it soon.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
So he's making the holder for the comic books?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
I received this on Saturday. Thanks Robert for the fast shipping. I was correct with the method used but I am definitely not disappointed with my purchase. The props are very nice. I love the holder and when its opened there is a nice display for the audience. I really like how this can be customized to fit any venue. Robert includes some nice/funny tag lines when talking about the comic books. All in all I think this would fit as a very nice filler routine.

RNK
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
87 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
RNK, I am very grateful to you for the unasked for endorsement! I admire your taste in magic routines! Smile Thank you. I think you'll have a lot of fun with my routine, and I know the ability to customize it so easily is what makes it so wonderful for me. Just recently I used characters from the movie "Frozen" to do it at a themed party!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Why Thank You Robert! And you are most welcome! There are certain effects that when you initially see a demo and what props are included with the effect you immediately have a good feeling knowing you will use it. Well- this was one of them for me. So many ways the prop/idea can be used and when performed correctly will be a great fooler for layman along with a very entertaining routine. I felt the price is spot on for this. You can get a lot of mileage out of this prop and routine, not to mention the "Packs Flat Plays Big" concept definitely applies here.

RNK
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
87 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
UPDATE: I was able to get more of the fabric comic book holders. BUT I only have a limited supply. I have fulfilled all the previous orders and once these new ones are gone I am doubtful I'll be able to get more. New suggestion for the routine: In the U.K., one of my customers told me that horse racing is still extremely popular, so I said make it up with 6 different racing horses and the prediction of which one might randomly win the race. Could be done with major league football team logos and who makes it to the Super Bowl! Smile
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
87 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
For all those doing Gospel Applications of my "Comical Comic Book Prediction" trick, magician Roger Bus of Michigan kindly pointed out to me there's a Gospel application for my trick: There is a popular Christian band known as “Hillsong” who have a recording titled “Jesus is my Superhero” that name drops Batman, Superman, and Spiderman in the lyrics. There are also Jesus comic books available to add to the mix of titles for church shows. " I will make sure to get anyone who orders a Spiderman, Batman, and Superman comic book in your set, but ONLY if you specifically write and request it when you order. Normally there's a random mix of vintage comics included, but I will be happy to cherry pick comics of the ones I have available for those who ask.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well Robert- I decided to add this in one of my shows this weekend and I am looking forward to it. I will let you know how it's received.

RNK
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Is this just a prediction of 1 out of 6?? That doesn't seem very strong to me. If it is a fo**e, then why not fo**e a comic booktest and go into details of what word they are looking at in their "freely selected" comic. Just a thought.
robert_baxt
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA. USA
87 Posts

Profile of robert_baxt
Paul, with nothing but respect I remind you it's the singer, not the song. Picasso's paintings can be described as a canvas with some paint applied, and when you look at it that way it doesn't seem like they should be anything special either. BUT his paintings are valued in the millions because of what he did with that canvas and paint. I am definitely no Picasso, but I make this into a very funny routine with a great applause ending. PLUS it can be customized for any show. Here's a photo of me at a birthday party show for a young man who the parents told me loved detectives; so I redid my "Comical Comic Book" prediction routine to make it a police line up where the birthday boy used his psychic powers to solve the crime and correctly I.D. the perp! The Club D.J. did it! The parents tipped me nicely, what more can you ask from a magic trick? Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Robert,

I generally like your products, I just don't think this one is for me. I wish you the best of luck with your release.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Robert Baxt's Comical Comic Book Prediction (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL