The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » French are attacked by terrorists...... (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..16~17~18 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
It's a very ugly development, to be sure.
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Some of the EU countries on this matter have been in deep slumber for past three decades, and NOTHING of this sort is going to change.

Sadly Smile
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
843 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
I'm so sick about hearing about these attacks. Da'ish (ISIS/ISIL) gives all Muslims an undeserved bad name.
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Especially in the 21st century, it's good to remember (or learn) that you don't have a right not to be offended.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1820 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
There are some videos of the incident here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, PaulPacific wrote:
I'm so sick about hearing about these attacks. Da'ish (ISIS/ISIL) gives all Muslims an undeserved bad name.

I would suggest that the Muslims themselves turn these guys in asap and denounce what happened. I have many Muslim friends .. They don't condone this type of behavior.
It's seems like a huge problem to solve....
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Slim King wrote:
[I would suggest that the Muslims themselves turn these guys in asap and denounce what happened. I have many Muslim friends .. They don't condone this type of behavior.

They don't all know each other.

Can you turn in all the Americans that are currently wanted for murder?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:

I thought by now you would suggest every French person to carry a gun!!!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:

If my options were to be in that building with a gun or to be there without one, I'd take the gun.

Your kilometrage may vary.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
The French would have liked your use of kilometrage.

I muse....If only every one of us could have a gun,.... But then I think, I live so far away from others and don't go into town, I don't have to worry. It's a numbers game.

What is more disturbing is that fundamentalist in all religions pervert people minds and those victims have to live with it for their life. EG, 8 to 12 years girls forced to watch abortion footage. WTF, That's not freedom, that's manipulation.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
FWIW:

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:50 p.m.: NBC News is reporting that one of the suspects in Wednesday’s attack against the offices of Charlie Hebdo has been killed, while two others are in custody ...

One of the suspects in the Paris attack on Charlie Hebdo magazine has been killed and the two others are in custody, two senior U.S. counterterrorism officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

Authorities earlier had identified the three men as Said Kouachi and Cherif Kouachi, both French and in their early 30s, and Hamyd Mourad, 18, whose nationality wasn't immediately clear.

One of the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to publicly discuss the investigation, told The Associated Press that the men were linked to a Yemeni terrorist network. Cherif Kouachi was convicted in 2008 of terrorism charges for helping funnel fighters to Iraq's insurgency and sentenced to 18 months in prison.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-m......-n281761

NBC is the only network I see currently reporting the above, so either it has a bit of a scoop or its news may be premature.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15919 Posts

Profile of tommy
That is good. I have only seen a bit of on TV. I thought at first glance, this group, they seemed more professional, than the usual suicide fanatics. I mean, with them being masked up, in and out fast, with getaway cars, planned and timed with some skill. I feared they would be more difficult to capture and strike again and again over months, you know, as the old style cells used to do.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Hope NBC got it right, except that all 3 were killed. Of course, 2 hated nasties in a french prison... has a nice rung to it...

Here is an interesting debate...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3976432322001......ow-clips
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I wonder if this is one of the shooters, or someone who was identified as an accomplice? Or possibly misidentified as a shooter? I find it hard to believe one of the actual shooters would just turn himself in.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/world/e......oting-so

PARIS (AFP) - An 18-year-old implicated alongside two brothers in the bloody attack against a satirical weekly in Paris has surrendered to the police, according to a source close to the case.

"Hamyd Mourad handed himself in to police... on Wednesday at 11pm after seeing his name circulating on social media," the source told AFP. "He has been arrested and taken into custody," another source confirmed.

Media reports identified the three suspects as Said Kouachi, 34, Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Hamyd Mourad, 18. A police source said one of them had been identified by his identity card which had been left in the getaway car.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:

Hope NBC got it right, except that all 3 were killed. Of course, 2 hated nasties in a french prison... has a nice rung to it...

NBC's sources (US counterterrorism officials) are backing off ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/paris-m......-n281761

After a long day of rapidly changing information, US counterterrorism officials said Wednesday night that they cannot be certain what the status is of the three suspects in the Paris attack on Charlie Hebdo magazine. Information from French sources has been contradictory, they said.

Earlier Wednesday, two senior U.S. counterterrorism officials told NBC News that one of the suspects in the attack had been killed and that two others were in custody. However, the officials later said the information that was the basis of that account could not be confirmed.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
[I would suggest that the Muslims themselves turn these guys in asap and denounce what happened. I have many Muslim friends .. They don't condone this type of behavior.

They don't all know each other.

Can you turn in all the Americans that are currently wanted for murder?

More faulty logic .... America is a Country and Islam is a Religion ... I'm amazed anyone would compare the two. Smile
Obviously Apples and Oranges!!!!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:

Ian ... I'll bet every one of the 12 Murdered wished they'd had a gun ... I'll bet everything I own ....In those last moments they wished they were armed.. No doubt in my mind .... and 12 good guys to 3 bad guys .. I'll bet this story would be over right now.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
My hats goes off to the cartoonists, lost and living.

already they mock the ideology that caused death to their own.

http://www.vox.com/2015/1/7/7508387/cart......ie-hebdo

Slim King, some people don't feel the need to kill, no matter what!!!!!!!!!!
I think some countries promote killing more than others and justify it by any means.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I guess Quakers don't believe in killing to save their own lives or the lives of their spouses and children.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » French are attacked by terrorists...... (31 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL