The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unreal by Joshua Jay (Essential Magic Collection) (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
msukairi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of msukairi
We just need to wait for reviews , be patient magicians.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2375 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The latest is that this has started to ship from EMC so it should be with us all very soon.

Check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/u......tos.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
Just put my order in Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Considering we don't have a list of all the effects taught on this set yet,

Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, drewslee1994 wrote:
Just put my order in Smile

Amazing that people will order something without even knowing whats on the DVD's
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
I am interested in the scripting of the show. How Joshua goes about lighting and blocking on a stage How he handles the environment. I do not normally do Pre-Orders. Or order things until I see reviews. However I have read reviews about his one man show. And after thinking about it, I believe that seeing how he scripts, blocks an handles the environment will be worth some amount of the DVD's cost. Secondly I have bought a few of Josh's products and they have all been amazing. I am sure this won't be an execption.
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Now shipping !

LINK : http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=314b......5b597754

And on this promo video , Josha Jay says he will not hold anything back and will explain everything in great details !
Do not know yet if that includes his One Man Show ???
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Loyal user
Fairhaven, MA
264 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
This will be an interesting buy. I've seen Jay lecture a few times including at Magic Live in 2013. As with other EMC DVD sets, the cost is $150 and will probably dissuade the casual buyer.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Since these DVDs are ready to ship, there is no excuse for EMC not listing what is on the set and what isn't explained. Come on guys, don't be lazy. It can't be that difficult?
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Quote: Joshua's Talk About Tricks dvd set is only $39.95 as a download and seems a much better value ( unless you really want to see that live show;-)

Any reviews available about this set?
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1375 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I've made a Thread about the Set 'MRAC'

This is very good Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
682 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2015, matt.magicman wrote:
Re hashed already out there stuff
pay that amount and get a performance only?????????????
thanks very ****1ng much!
he lectured at my local club a few years ago ( probably a fair chunk of this stuff )
he was very obnoxious and not interested in talking after he had done his dealer dem / sales pitch
i won't be picking this up Smile

Matt, I don't really know what to say really, but do take strong exception to your post.

1) "Re hashed out there stuff"
How do you know this? Since EMC have't listed exactly what is on the set I don't think you have any right making such a comment.

2) "Pay that amount and get a performance only?????????????"
May I refer you to my above comment!

3) "He was very obnoxious and not interested in talking after he had done his dealer dem / sales pitch"
I've met Josh on many occasions as have many of my friends and if there's one word that I wouldn't use to describe him, it would be obnoxious. In fact, he's the opposite. One of the most humble people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I've seen him lecture many times and after each, despite his busy schedule spent a LOT of time with people answering questions and helping people with their technique.

I think your comments make yourself look foolish. It's posts like yours that make me want to avoid The Café altogether. The ironic thing is, that it's you who comes across as obnoxious!

Iain.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
I would like to know if his "ring on wine glass stem" is on here.

If It was I am sure this would have been in the add copy

As so little information is provided until otherwise advised we can only assume that it's just a rehash of what's on the L&L DVD with the exception of the one man show
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2229 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
A long time ago I saw all the contents of this, and it looks good.

I will see if I can find it again and post it here.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I would appreciate if you could do that BMWguy!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2229 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This is what I found out:

Inferno, Cornered Complete, Sherlock Coins and Glass, Trash to Treasure, Prism, Phantom Deck, Trumped Triumph, Totally Triumph, Back in Time, Prediction Piece, Signs, Blind Mans Bluff, Triple Thought of Card, Aces in Hand, Waltzing Cheek to Cheek, Discrete Displacement, Diamond Cut, Oil and Water, Three Coin Vanish, Haunted Deck, and more.

Plus planning and secrets behind his professional show, and you get to see the whole 1 hour show as well.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2229 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This is what I found out:

Inferno, Cornered Complete, Sherlock Coins and Glass, Trash to Treasure, Prism, Phantom Deck, Trumped Triumph, Totally Triumph, Back in Time, Prediction Piece, Signs, Blind Mans Bluff, Triple Thought of Card, Aces in Hand, Waltzing Cheek to Cheek, Discrete Displacement, Diamond Cut, Oil and Water, Three Coin Vanish, Haunted Deck, and more.

Plus planning and secrets behind his professional show, and you get to see the whole 1 hour show as well.

Thanks

Alex
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I love His work but sounds like a lot of overlap from previous releases and like his one man show isn't going to be fully explained.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4407 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
I love His work but sounds like a lot of overlap from previous releases and like his one man show isn't going to be fully explained.

I'm sure Josh's one man show feels like it is his baby, with tons of money, thought and effort put into making it a reality. In addition, I believe it still quite new also.
So I can't imagine anyone wanting to tip every move, effect, and thought that went into it. Especially at this point in time. I wouldn't and very few people would.
So I would never expect Josh to on these DVD's.
But I do agree that there seems to be a lot of overlap from previous DVD's and lectures. But I would guess that at least some of the previously released material would end up in his one man show, so it's likely that in that sense at least parts of his show will be explained.

Still on the fence on this one because I probably already own half the effects taught or more. I've never seen him actually perform other than short demos so I'd love to see his full stage show. Probably be a good learning experience on its own.

Included with this month's Genii magazine was a free DVD that showed maybe 30 or 40 minutes from the Unreal DVD's. Not sure exactly because I have not had a chance to watch it all yet.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, FrankieF wrote:

I'm sure Josh's one man show feels like it is his baby, with tons of money, thought and effort put into making it a reality. In addition, I believe it still quite new

also.
So I can't imagine anyone wanting to tip every move, effect, and thought that went into it. Especially at this point in time. I wouldn't and very few people would.
So I would never expect Josh to on these DVD's.

I saw this at Magic Live 7 Years ago so its NOT that new

If you compaire to the Paul Daniels DVD his Whole act was shown and explained which more than Justify the asking price

Quote:

But I do agree that there seems to be a lot of overlap from previous DVD's and lectures. But I would guess that at least some of the previously released material would end up in his one man show, so it's likely that in that sense at least parts of his show will be explained.

Still on the fence on this one because I probably already own half the effects taught or more. I've never seen him actually perform other than short demos so I'd love to see his full stage show. Probably be a good learning experience on its own.

Included with this month's Genii magazine was a free DVD that showed maybe 30 or 40 minutes from the Unreal DVD's. Not sure exactly because I have not had a chance to watch it all yet.

This DVD does contain a lot of previous released material

The way I look at it is this if you are paying a premium price $150 I would expect more than just a re hash of material that has already been available

not sure about this

It does explain why the Publishers have been not explained whats on the DVD Set over and Above the L & L Set
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I think these EMC DVD sets are meant to be the magician's life's work to date; therefore, there's going to be a lot of material that's been released before. Look at the David Williamson EMC set, for example.

Still there's enough new (or new to me) material to warrant purchasing this set. I watched "Hitchcock" last night (included with this month's Genii Magazine) and I had never seen it before.

Robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unreal by Joshua Jay (Essential Magic Collection) (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL