The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unreal by Joshua Jay (Essential Magic Collection) (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
jordi_narpati
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
28 Posts

Profile of jordi_narpati
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, TheTableTopTrixta wrote:
Song prediction
Reverse logic
Hitchcock
Bill in lemon
Bandage routine
Around the world

Inferno
Cornered complete
Sherlock
Coins and glass
Trash to treasure

Prism
Phantom deck
Trumped triumph
Totally triumph
Back in time
Prediction peice
Signs
Blind mans bluff
Triple thought of card

Aces in hand
Waltzing cheek to cheek
Discreet displacement
Kings all over
Diamond cut
Oil and water
Card in ring
Three coin vanish
Royal assembly
Haunted pack
Coins under card

Bluff shift work
False cut bluff shift
Bottom deal

Your welcome Smile

Wow, there is some old stuff, but some new stuff also. I think the show will be worth enough to see how it plays to the audience. Can't wait for mine to arrive!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3363 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I thought he showed a close up performance and explanation of his signed card to bread roll? can't see it mentioned.
drewslee1994
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of drewslee1994
His bandage routine is amazing. I love it
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2245 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I believe this has been the best of the EMC videos produced so far.

so much insight, material, thoughts, ideas, inspiration.

Just the interview portion is worth it, and watching Josh do his UNREAL show, plus parlour effects as well.

Money well spent!

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
120 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Just watched the 1st DVD of the show and the magic is very good but was a bit disappointed that there were no explanations. Although it uses the word "show" and "explanations" on the DVD, so it's a bit misleading. I can understand if he doesn't want to give the secrets away, but that's why I bought the DVD to learn the secrets, isn't that what most of us want when we invest in a magic DVD. Anyway looking forward to the other DVD's and hopefully learn rather than just watching a show, although it was good.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1784 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Not sure what you mean- the entire show is explained on the first disc.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
120 Posts

Profile of illusion123
What I mean is the secret to tricks are not revealed on the first disc. That's what I thought explained meant unless I have missed something out.
illusion123
View Profile
Regular user
Wolverhampton, England
120 Posts

Profile of illusion123
Sorry my fault completely. Just put DVD in again and the Explanation are there under individual routines. Looking forward to this now. My apologies.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I'm confused is his entire one man show explained or just some of it?
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1151 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
These effects are the only parts of his one man show on the DVD.

Song prediction
Reverse logic
Hitchcock
Bill in lemon
Bandage routine
Around the world

All six of those effects are explained in detail.

Actually, his opening Ace routine Playing The Cards is shown, but not explained.
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1034 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Michael Dustman wrote:

Song prediction
Reverse logic
Hitchcock
Bill in lemon
Bandage routine
Around the world

Actually, his opening Ace routine Playing The Cards is shown, but not explained.

So how much of Josh's show is NOT explained? (I guess I don't have his set list memorized.)

Either way, I plan to get this, as I saw the show at Magic Live and loved it.
Author of PERFORM...all the stuff to think about

Over 450 pages, hardcover, full color

"I loved this book!" - Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars - highly recommended" - Nick Lewin

"Chock full of ideas that will make me more $$ and my shows more professional!" - Leif David

Foreword written by Joshua Jay

Tim's book and other goodies to help performers here...

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1151 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Unsure. I have never seen the One Man Show live, as that was the first Magic Live I missed. So, I don't know what additional routines were left out. It may only be the Ring on Stem, but I can't say for sure. That seems to be the one everyone was wanting to see. Any idea how long his one man show was live? The performance of his one man show on the DVD clocked in at 1 hour 5 minutes.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I love Joshes work So I'll have to pick it up.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Everything shown is explained. This set is fantastic value and a real lesson in creativity, presentation and showmanship.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Shame he did not include his ring on wine glass as that had every one buzzing after his shows at Magic Live
Wonder why he omitted it ?
nukraze
View Profile
New user
NJ
74 Posts

Profile of nukraze
Quote:

Song prediction
Reverse logic
Hitchcock
Bill in lemon
Bandage routine
Around the world

I just received this set earlier this week and have only gotten part of the way through the first disc but just want to correct one thing that is being said. I do not feel that the Bill in Lemon is explained "in detail" as stated previously. Josh's production of the lemon for the bill in lemon effect is explained in detail, but he does not provide any explanation around the Bill in Lemon effect. He states that most performers will already have their preferred method, which I understand, but I believe that stating the Bill in Lemon effect is explained is mis-leading.

If anyone can recommend some good material on the Bill in Lemon effect, I would appreciate it, as I do not currently perform a Bill in Lemon effect but am considering learning one after seeing Josh's performance.

What I've seen so far is great and looking forward to going through this set in full.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1024 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, nukraze wrote:
Quote:

Song prediction
Reverse logic
Hitchcock
Bill in lemon
Bandage routine
Around the world

I just received this set earlier this week and have only gotten part of the way through the first disc but just want to correct one thing that is being said. I do not feel that the Bill in Lemon is explained "in detail" as stated previously. Josh's production of the lemon for the bill in lemon effect is explained in detail, but he does not provide any explanation around the Bill in Lemon effect. He states that most performers will already have their preferred method, which I understand, but I believe that stating the Bill in Lemon effect is explained is mis-leading.

If anyone can recommend some good material on the Bill in Lemon effect, I would appreciate it, as I do not currently perform a Bill in Lemon effect but am considering learning one after seeing Josh's performance.

What I've seen so far is great and looking forward to going through this set in full.

Thanks for the update Paul Daniels could have said everyone knows all about the chop cup , but he went through his whole routine in full details

I also saw the ring on steam at Magic Live so very disappointed it is left out on the DVD
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
674 Posts

Profile of smullins
The bill in lemon that Josh uses is basically the "Cornered" version explained on the set. If you need tips on how to make it look legit, I would suggest looking into Chris Randall's Inception or Scott Alexander's lecture notes. You can use their basic ideas to surround Josh's Cornered routined which includes the restoration.
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
baobow
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of baobow
Is the new blind man's bluff commercially available? Great effect
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Germantown, Maryland
509 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
It' is not commercially available, at least not at this time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Unreal by Joshua Jay (Essential Magic Collection) (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL