The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with finding a convincing book test (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
73 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2016, GarySumpter wrote:
I am about to release my new booktest, really unique..

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/154......es-sense

Gary

Awesome ! It's a brilliant idea Gary and marvellously done.
I wish you every success for your booktest.

Pascal

Cookbooks should always look just like yours.
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Why not use a regular book (which you can give away) and more traditional methodology for doing the work? To me, this seems an obvious solution. And gives me the flexibility to customize/tailor my routine to the specific performing circumstances. Not sure the community needs more book tests that will likely sit unused and unperformed.

Jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
Check out my column
"Magic is Education" @
www.VanishMagazine.com
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Vincent Hedan has a book test that can be presented as a feat of super human memory. The presentation justifies using that particular book. I think you have a better chance, as a magician, convincing people you have incredible memory skills versus the ability to read minds. Check out his website, he has a video performance of this memory presentation. He also performs it, and explains it in detail in his Penguin lecture, but know that if you buy the Penguin lecture, you would still need to buy the book.
MysticJohn
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, Jescilito wrote:
I'm pretty new to magic and just recently I've been learning a little about mentalism. I've been working pretty hard on a book test which I thought was fairly good. I fooled a couple of people but it did not pass my test as my room mate immediately saw right through it. The book test I'm doing, without giving too much away, is called One Word In A Thousand. It's a gimmicked book I constructed myself with some instructions that's really clever I think, but, like I said if it wont fool my room mate then I need to learn a new one that is more solid because It's likely to get me busted elsewhere. The problem I'm having is that there are so many book tests out there and For every one there are plenty of avid salesman who tell you that It's the end all be all. As I've learned It's easy to get swindled with instructional books and dvds that don't quite meet their claims. So I held off a while before posting this and did a ton of research but I'm still at a loss. I'm not looking for anyone to spoon feed me but I'd just like to find instructions on a good convincing book test that I can make a wise investment on. The only thing I'm certain of is I would like one in which there is no obvious f*rce, I'd like something as close to a free choice as possible. The thing that I liked so much about the book test I recently learned is it can really be a free choice, any page, any word.

Also I'm not really interested in becoming a mentalist, as magic is more my thing, but I'm looking to fill in some gaps in my newly budding persona by adding some mentalism to my getup. I have a couple of psuedomentalism effects with cards that I enjoy a great deal.

The idea first is to become a convincing Mentalist and or Magician. There's no such thing as entertainer out of the box.
I personally don't believe in self working effects, everything you do needs thought and presentation.
dgcoates
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of dgcoates
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, Ben Blau wrote:
I have yet to see a book test I've liked more than Autome.

I agree with Ben, Autome, by Max Maven is the best.. There are NO gimmicks in the books whatsoever..although one is very unique. There are no hidden peeks, electronics, stooges, switches, memorization, no branching anagrams, no fishing....After buying it(Max Maven's Video Mind), I discovered something about the unique book that wasn't on the Video....if you know Autome, look at the special identifying features and you'll notice that there are different colors there...by a casual glance, you can know the color...this is harder with two of the identifying features..You can, thus, draw your impression in the same color.
Dennis George Coates
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help with finding a convincing book test (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL