The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Clipped Card Trick give away (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Looking for a GREAT give away? You can not go wrong with this new product from Christopher Cool. Click this link.

http://clippedcardtrick.com/

Chris is so easy to work with, and makes sure you are happy with your artwork on your file. I just received mine, and couldn't be happier.

Do youself a favor and click the link.

Ken
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I just had to share how happy I am with my purchase of the the "Custom Clipped Card" by Christopher Cool. Christopher has thought of everything! He was incredibly easy to work with in the design (putting my artwork into the product). He was very patience, as we tweaked the copy, color and layout. Here's a picture of the stage version (included in the package). I liked the look so much, I had 2 printed and laminated. Found some giant paper clips that fit perfectly at Office Depot. I was looking for a new, affordable give away, and this is it! I placed my order with the recommended printer (Christopher's) and the give away will be a little over .01. Can't get any cheaper than that! I can't recommend this high enough. I don't know personally Christopher, just an incredibly happy customer! Cant' wait for the giveaways to arrive in the mail!
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2284 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
I looked at the link. I'm not thrilled with the border idea. I think it takes away from the effect. Otherwise, they look nice.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
This is a great idea for a good price. I wonder what took so long for anyone to think of it and put it on the market.

Michael, the border is just to show your marketing information. I have a feeling they can be customized without the border.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
773 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
I like the looks of it!
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
788 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I ordered mine! I love it! It looked fantastic when it came from Christopher...I can't wait for them to get here from the printer

Dan
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1835 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Ton Onosaka created and marketed a version of the "Clipped Card Trick" called "Lucky Lady" that is great to perform for people who know the Clipped Card Trick:
http://dennymagic.com/store/lucky-lady-by-ton-onosaka.html

Here is Juan Tamariz performing "Lucky Lady." Although it's in Spanish, the effect is pretty clear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8qFyzEMG28

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Kipp Sherry had this a few years back. you can make your own design and print it then. as much as you want. very recommended.
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info/promotio......ntro.htm
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1126 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
FYI Ken, it looks as though your picture did NOT post above.

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
I'm trying again...to post a picture of the card.

Click here to view/download attached file.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did purchase "Clipped Card Trick" several days ago. My logo would not upload. Christopher tells me he will have mine together the next day and in the afternoon after I emailed him my logo. It is still getting no where. If he does not have mine together by Monday I am requesting a refund.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I really like the idea of having a giveaway that is a real trick. It gets kept and used and you are remembered, an this is a really easy trick that anyone can do.

But I wonder if this is really even a trick. It's more of a challenge that's designed to do nothing more than prove someone can't do something. As an alternative, consider the gimmicked three card monte (the one with the flap). When someone picks the center card, it's not simply proving they can't do something. The card changes into a different card. It's not "You're an idiot and couldn't find the card" but rather "Look! You picked the card but now it changed into the Ken Dumm card, or the Dynamike card!" I think that leaves people with a more positive feeling since 1) it was real magic, and 2) the trick happened in their hands .

I am not suggesting that this is not a good promo piece, but rather I wonder if we could spend a few posts thinking for ways to make this entertaining, some little twist that will make people feel GOOD when they use it rather than fools that couldn't do something.
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I really like the idea of having a giveaway that is a real trick. It gets kept and used and you are remembered, an this is a really easy trick that anyone can do.

But I wonder if this is really even a trick. It's more of a challenge that's designed to do nothing more than prove someone can't do something. As an alternative, consider the gimmicked three card monte (the one with the flap). When someone picks the center card, it's not simply proving they can't do something. The card changes into a different card. It's not "You're an idiot and couldn't find the card" but rather "Look! You picked the card but now it changed into the Ken Dumm card, or the Dynamike card!" I think that leaves people with a more positive feeling since 1) it was real magic, and 2) the trick happened in their hands .

I am not suggesting that this is not a good promo piece, but rather I wonder if we could spend a few posts thinking for ways to make this entertaining, some little twist that will make people feel GOOD when they use it rather than fools that couldn't do something.

Completely agree. You need a presentation that makes it a feel good give away. I'm still working on a clever script. I plan on using the large stage version at the end of a routine with a volunteer so others will want the give away as well. I'll post when I have something.

Ken
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Forget my last post. He contacted me back with the "proof."

Starrpower, just picture it as a puzzle. No matter, the child is still going to want to hang on to it and have fun. If I had that trick/puzzle/game/card as a kid I would have fun taking it places showing people everywhere I travel.

It would be good to take it on the road with you when off duty. Imagine showing a family in a store/park. Hand it out as you would a business card. Matter of fact, hand out both of them. The Clipped Card Trick to the kid, and your business card to the guardian.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Exactly! You are showing them how there eyes can be deceived and then teaching them it so they can show their friends.
No one will feel bad!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I can't argue with your points because they are valid.

All I am asking is, do we want to be satisfied with, "It's just a puzzle"? Would you be happy with that answer for if it were your show we were talking about? Mike if I told you should not have bothered to buy a backdrop because "No matter, the children are still going to watch your show and have fun" would you accept that? If not, why be satisfied with advertising that your name will forever be associated with?

Again, I am not saying this is not a good giveaway. All I am asking is might we create a better presentation than simply proving someone can be fooled. If you are satisfied with a puzzle, that's okay.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes,I know what you mean Starr. I think a puzzle like this is good as it's not TOO good to teach to all and sundry!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2015, Starrpower wrote:

All I am asking is, do we want to be satisfied with, "It's just a puzzle"? Would you be happy with that answer for if it were your show we were talking about?

I can not see everyone satisfied calling it the same thing. Some magicians might use "puzzle." Some might use "trick." Just like some balloon professionals calling themselves a "balloon artist" or "balloon twister." I see nothing wrong with magicians calling it whatever they want. I don't see it creating a controversy. The only thing I see wrong is if someone made fun of the person for selecting the wrong card.

From what I learned from Great Zucchini, I am going to call it a "Dynamike Card." It helps with branding your name.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I think you are misunderstanding me, Mike. Forgive me for being a poor communicator. My comments are not just about this particular little prop, but rather our overall thinking about how we want others to perceive us.

You seem to think I am discussing what you call the giveaway. I am not discussing semantics, but rather our approach to using the thing. When I referenced your term "It's just a puzzle" I was thinking more about having a cavalier attitude about what we do, not about terminology.

And perhaps my analogy of using a backdrop was unclear. I am confident your show would be every bit as good if you didn't have a backdrop (or any number of other things), but you feel it's the little things that add to the show which make it better and set you apart. That is what I am talking about. This is just another of those little things.

I suppose it looks like I'm making a big deal out of a minor item but I really feel that all those little things add up to bigger things.

“For the want of a nail the shoe was lost,
For the want of a shoe the horse was lost,
For the want of a horse the rider was lost,
For the want of a rider the battle was lost,
For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost,
And all for the want of a horseshoe-nail.”

I'll leave you with this: They will likely show it to others the way you show it to them. What have you got to lose by spending a little time coming up with a presentation that is original, different from what others are doing, a little better so someone does NOT look like a fool? Will you be worse of for it?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
All I am asking is might we create a better presentation than simply proving someone can be fooled. If you are satisfied with a puzzle, that's okay.

I never had any problems with a kid breaking the magic wand.

I see 2 different ways to present it:

1. If a child is too rowdy doing the show tell if he can learn more by listening. Give him a test by presenting the effect to him. After he is wrong, advise him to listen like the other kids.

2. Present it in a surprising effect like the "Nesting Wands." When the "star child" places the clip on card tell them they are right. Next show the card faces to the rest of the audience. The kids will point and yell it is wrong. Tell the kids the birthday selected the right one. As you look at it act surprised (use the Tommy James emotion Smile . ) Repeat the trick a few times. Each time make it seem like the birthday girl is using her secret powers to make it move magically. During the presentation use words like "How did you do that?" "She did it again didn't she?" "Please let me know your secret." "You are good." "I like you magic." "Thank you for entertaining us."
Quote:
I think you are misunderstanding me, Mike.

You are correct.
Quote:
I'll leave you with this: They will likely show it to others the way you show it to them. What have you got to lose by spending a little time coming up with a presentation that is original, different from what others are doing, a little better so someone does NOT look like a fool? Will you be worse of for it?

1. Tell the children the magician on the card is shy. When you try to clip him, he always travel somewhere else.

2. The magician on the card is also a leprechaun. It is hard to catch him.

3. The magician is an escape artist. He always escape free.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Clipped Card Trick give away (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL