The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Clipped Card Trick give away (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
2. Present it in a surprising effect like the "Nesting Wands." When the "star child" places the clip on card tell them they are right. Next show the card faces to the rest of the audience. The kids will point and yell it is wrong. Tell the kids the birthday selected the right one. As you look at it act surprised (use the Tommy James emotion Smile . ) Repeat the trick a few times. Each time make it seem like the birthday girl is using her secret powers to make it move magically. During the presentation use words like "How did you do that?" "She did it again didn't she?" "Please let me know your secret." "You are good." "I like you magic." "Thank you for entertaining us."

There ya go! Smile

Another approach might be to treat the card like it's playing a trick on you, in much the same way Zucchini admonishes inanimate objects.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Starrpower - Great thoughts, thank you for sharing! I love your perspective on this. Do you have any sources for the 3 card monte with the flap? Is one mass produced?

Kevin
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
431 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I am skeptical about the printing source. If I knew for sure I could these as cheap as is claimed I might do it, but I think those printing costs sound too good to be true...

For those of you that purchased, are you really able to print 1,000 of them for three cents each?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
TKD27 - That's a very real cost. I've printed for even cheaper.

Don't be skeptical, you can get those prices and cheaper at gotprint.com

I've used them for years, they're fantastic.

Happy Magic,
Kevin
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2363 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I like the idea a lot, I am not happy with the border either. if it were not there, I would order it now. I may go with Kipp's. Just for the border issue.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Meriden, CT
431 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, dearwiseone wrote:
TKD27 - That's a very real cost. I've printed for even cheaper.

Don't be skeptical, you can get those prices and cheaper at gotprint.com

I've used them for years, they're fantastic.

Happy Magic,
Kevin

For a 2.5x3 inch card? That's a poker-sized card. My last business cards from GotPrint.com were about a penny each, but I can't find any larger printing at a cost like that. What are you selecting on GotPrint for that size?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2015, TKD27 wrote:
For a 2.5x3 inch card? That's a poker-sized card. My last business cards from GotPrint.com were about a penny each, but I can't find any larger printing at a cost like that. What are you selecting on GotPrint for that size?

I can get under 3 cents for a lot of products on Gotprint.

What size is the clipped card?

Just go to their site. Do some exploring, you can easily find lots of products that come out under 3 cents.
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of ChristopherCool
Hey everyone, I'm the guy behind the ClippedCardTrick.com website. After receiving several requests for having the option of 'No border', I'm now offering this as an option!
The cards can now be designed a bit larger to fill the entire card on both sides, making the border disappear. Although I prefer and most of the customers who have purchased
this to have the border because it has more room for advertising, it's now your choice.

I have now also adding the option to choose from red or blue back cards.

The printing prices listed on my site are real prices. And right now I have a coupon code for 20% off the printing as well (Expires May 19, 2015), so even cheaper!!!

If you are thinking of purchasing a "DIY' kit to make this from another source, be sure to ask what the resolution of the supplied digital files are.
My digital files are 350 dpi and are print ready. Just upload to the printer and go.

You can use coupon code: MAGICCAFE315 to save $10 on your order. *New orders only. Expires May 1, 2015. *May not be combined with any other coupons.
I also offer unlimited changes until you're happy.

If anybody has any more questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email: info@clippedcardtrick.com
Thank you for your interest.

Christopher Cool
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2274 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Cool Christopher! I will be placing my order soon!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Love the idea, but without the photoshop files, might be limiting. Is there a way to purchase with the photoshop files?
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Presto,

I'm sorry, I do not offer the PSD files. I will make all of the changes/edits to your cards until you are more than happy. After your have approved your cards and the files
have been sent, if you need to make any minor changes, ie your contact info, there is a small $20 fee to update for you. And you can also choose to do what a bunch
of the guys are doing right now - Have the cards customized for your clients, then it's only $47 to get the cards re-done for new customers after your have purchased
your own set first. I've had some guys order 3-4 sets now for different clients for trade shows. I may down the road, offer this as an instant download, similar to your
products but right now I would like to retain more control over the product. PS I love your stuff Smile
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Very cool! I'll place my order tomorrow.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2274 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Your link appears to be broken. I clicked on 'Start to customize' and it went no where. Can you give me the direct link?
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Hey Ken, Sorry about that. I recently switch servers on my shoppingcart. The order button at the bottom
of the page always worked, but I forgot to change the first button on the page.

You can now go back to that page: http://ClippedCardTrick.com and click the button which will
take you to the payment page. After your payment has been made you can start customizing your
card.

Thank you for your support. I'm looking forward to designing your new card!
CC
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, ChristopherCool wrote:

After your have approved your cards and the files have been sent, if you need to make any minor changes, ie your contact info, there is a small $20 fee to update for you.

I ordered from you before. Do you still have my file in stock? If so, I want to make a few changes.
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Hey Dynamike, Yes, I still have your files Smile Please send me an email: me@christopher.cool and let me know what you would like
changed/edited and I'll get it done asap. Thank you again Dynamike Smile
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Hey everyone - Just a friendly reminder tomorrow (Friday, MAy 1, 2015) is the deadline to save an extra $10.00 off your order!
You can use coupon code: MAGICCAFE315 to save $10 on your order. *New orders only. Expires May 1, 2015.
*May not be combined with any other coupons. AND it's on SALE right now for only $47, so take away your $10
discount and you're only paying $37! I also have a 20% off coupon for your printing. If you're thinking of getting this, now
is the time to do it. I guarantee you it won't get any cheaper than this. They take a fair bit of time for me to customize.
ChristopherCool
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Clipped Card Trick give away (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL