The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » A Good Vest for Busking? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James_Kelsey
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of James_Kelsey
I own a buskers vest from Bobby Maverick and have been very happy with it but it is starting to fray a bit and I am considering a new vest. The problem is I don't believe Bobby is still making vests so I need to find a new one. I don't need all the features of the busker vest but does anyone know where I can buy a vest that have large side pockets and a breast pocket like the busker vest.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
580 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
I bet you could find someone in your own town to make you one. A vest is really easy to make.

Emmett
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Hi, I ordered the vest from Bobby a few years ago. I think I have only worn it like 3 times. If you want I can see what size I have. If you want it ill give you a pretty good discount off of what I orignally got it for.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
James, the good thing for you is that having worn Bobby's vest to the stage of it getting a bit frayed is that you know what features you want in a vest.
Like you,l've got one of his vests, and I doubt that you would find a vest with so many featues.
If you like another of Bobby's vests from him, why not make the effort to get in contact with him directly?

Over a period of some six years I have mangaged to find a couple of other 'ordinary' vests at 2nd hand shops. The requirements in a vest really depend on the items in your Magic Show and where your prefer to store them.
If yow want a non-Bobby vest [is there such a term of description?] you could design the vest you want and get estimates from seamstesses.

As an aside, I like a colourful vest to attract people's attention, but then my fedpra variety-store hat is a bright orange, so just what clothing draws attention to oneself when busking is not some fixed colour or style of clothing.

I suspect an overall 'look' of being an entertainer, and polite telling people to "watch this card trick", or whatever patter, is really what gets people to stop and watch.
I don't NEED a vest to make my Magic Show work.
Just saying ....
The presentation makes the magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » A Good Vest for Busking? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL