We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Phasmology (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Having tossed the bones and consulted the spirits.....I see a sell out in less than 7 months.
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
420 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2016, RCP wrote:
Having tossed the bones and consulted the spirits.....I see a sell out in less than 7 months.

You mean a sell out in couples of hours ....
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quite right. Sold out.

With grateful thanks,
BC
Phasmologist
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2016, Dr SH wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2016, RCP wrote:

You mean a sell out in couples of hours ....

They were 1st released at the ECSSII in mid January. With the sell out yesterday they were all gone in six months. Like everything the good Prof produces.....,
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1353 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow, my advice is don't wait!! This book doesn't show up often, for good reason. Jump on it NOW!
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
243 Posts

Profile of jglumley
With any luck #2 will come out soon! ????
The "18"
Mindpower1
View Profile
New user
roma italy
2 Posts

Profile of Mindpower1
Hallo good morning to all, my name is alfonso and write for Roma, Italy
You can find me in facebook as Alfonso Bartolacci, mystery performer
I would like to buy the prof BC Phasmology book, but unfortunetely now is sold out all around the word
Is there here on magic cafè someone that want to sell his copy ?
May be that someone buyed the book and find that it does not fit his style o his kind of routine, some time happens in life, I think some times we buy a book and then find that the routines or the concept inside do not match our style of performance
So if some one want to sell the book can contact me whit a private message
Tks so much to all
Alfonso
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Aug 14, 2016, jglumley wrote:
With any luck #2 will come out soon! ????

Soon? I am afraid not (have not even begun to sketch it out!) But I am certainly intending to write a follow-up with more routines, more handlings, more ideas for props, and (you cannot escape it) more essays on performance, script and character development, rehearsal notes, and the business side of mystery performing . . . okay, well, there, I guess I have *begun* to sketch it out now.

Once this 'Renaissance year' of 2016 settles down and I can get off the lecture/seminar circuit, I have Faerie Shillings, Doppelgangers, and a Realm-of-Faerie how-to book to put into motion. I do tend to multi-task, so a second Phasmology book could end up being somewhere in that mix over 2017/18, but I cannot make any promises. Will try!

Thanks for asking,
BC
Phasmologist
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
918 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Thanks for the update, Prof BC,....but please, puleeze keep on schedule formthe "Double Alice" DOPPS release,, if at all possible!

Smile Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
neocatalyst
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of neocatalyst
I'm interested in procuring a copy of this! Let me know
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2015, niva wrote:
Will this be a limited release?

While it may go out of print at some point, it is not a limited release. Also, it is not an effect but rather a discussion of bizarre philosophy and effects.

BC

Second printing on the way. Please stand by!

BC
Phasmologist
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2611 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Yay!
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
97 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
Many thanks for doing the reprint. I look forward to this.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Yea, a 2nd printing....... I been wanting this for a while.....

Bring it on....

Ray
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1265 Posts

Profile of reese
I bought this when it first came out. This is my review: 1st impression... the book is laid out in "magazine format"; i.e. double columns of type on each page. This is typically done to create a larger page count. It's not done for ease of reading. Magazine style layout makes margins in the middle in addition to the sides. Yuck! is my feeling. The content: the bulk of the book are the instructional p.d.f.s of various Prof. B.C. products. These instructions (which make up the bulk of this slim book) are useless if you don't own the physical artifact itself. And if you do own the prop? You already have the instructions that are the bulk of the book. Otherwise the book functions as an ad to buy product. So... what is new? There are some essays that illuminate B.C.'s approach to Bizarre. These are fun to read. They are thought provoking. Especially if you disagree with some of his dogma. The essays make you think. A glorious thing to do! On their own, the original essays to the book could have been published as a short pamphlet... too bad they weren't. It would have been a good contribution. As it is... in my own considered opinion, this book offers low value for the price. I expected so much more. I was left disappointed.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
I was hoping for a volume two as opposed to a second printing. I guess the Prof does have a day job that interferes with his offerings to the bizarre community. The lack of books on the secondary market speaks to its revalence and value. It's a beautiful book. I have enjoyed my copy immensely and recommend it. I have received no compensation or special treatment for my opinion. I consider Prof BC a friend and he has given his time and opinions freely to me over the years.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I would agree with the observation that approximately a third of the book is presentations. This doesn't strike me as unusual, given that most magic books I own are (if not more than a third). I personally own none of the effects listed in the book, so found reading the presentations and thinking behind them to be of good illustrative help in constructing my own presentations.
R. Steiner
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of R. Steiner
I have found the book to be an exquisite example of the thinking that goes into conceiving, routining, and performing pieces that quite-likely captivate the audience. Even though there is ample information that is not specific to the presentations he shares, I found the information to help provide a context around the life of Prof. BC, which I did appreciate. However, the pieces that he tipped his thinking around contains much food for thought for anyone who is a serious student of the art. While the price tag is steep - and I am one without significant disposable income - I found it to be an investment in knowledge such that I do consider it quite the bargain.

R.S.
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Is this still available?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2671 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2021, Julian Kestrel wrote:
Is this still available?

Second hand only
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Phasmology (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL