The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At the Table: Jay Sankey (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
I still think that the original triumph hasn't been topped even after
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
Who's excited for this? I know I am. What do you guys think?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1802 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I think I will pass!
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1078 Posts

Profile of taller8
Too many lectures. How many lectures do we really need?
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Hey guys!

Jay Sankey will be showing up At The Table at Murphy's tomorrow, and on top of his lecture he will be debuting TWO new products!

"Jay Sankey is an absolute phenom when it comes to magic. Arguably the most prolific magic creator in the world, he has already thought of it all and; then some! We could spend an hour just naming all of the ideas he has released over the years, and Jay himself promises to present hand-selected material and will NOT be holding back even an ounce.

With a mix of old and new, Jay will be covering moves and effects he has become known for, but will also be debuting two BRAND NEW and never before released effects called Deranged and Camouflage.

Deranged - a mentalism effect using a postcard featuring the Mona Lisa. Dead easy to do, and as hard-hitting as they come! Camouflage is a secret gimmick with practically UNLIMITED possibilities. Vanishes, transformations, penetrations and even levitations! A gimmick not only versatile, but one that will work with ANY brand of playing cards in the world!

Don't miss this chance to step inside the mind of one of the most creative magic thinkers around!"

You can find more about the ATT Experience here: http://www.murphysmagic.com/atthetable/
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
It says Jay will debut two new effects (Camouflage and Deranged). Will he be teaching them or is it just performance only?
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4591 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, James Conti wrote:
It says Jay will debut two new effects (Camouflage and Deranged). Will he be teaching them or is it just performance only?

Since these just hit the market it's a safe bet that he will only be performing a demo.
3ofclubs
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of 3ofclubs
And are they really new, or just rehashes of stuff he's put out before? Smile
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Camouflage and Deranged will be performance only. Smile

Here are a few of the dealers where you can get in on the experience tonight!

Hocus Pocus

Abbott's Magic

Discount Magic
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Don't forget guys and gals!!!

- The first 20 Minutes are on us!

- Add At_The_Table on Skype to be able to Skype in and chat face to face "virtually", with Jay!

- Win a sealed deck of the At the Table Series: Signature Edition PLUS Jay will be signing a deck of the At the Table Series Regular edition.
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
What type of tricks will be taught? Gimmicked, impromtu, coin, cards, ordinary objects......
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
It's always tough to say beforehand for these live events as we like to give the artists free reins to go in whatever direction they feel is the best, but knowing Jay we'll probably see a little bit of everything you mentioned!
DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
What tricks were taught? Also what advice and theory did he give?
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Hey there...

Here is what Jay talked about:

Rubber band Production – You show the spectator an optical illusion by making one rubber band look like two, but then you show that they actually ARE two different rubber bands!

Attack Deck – Using a deck of cards and a rubber band, you show the spectator how a deck can be placed in “attack” mode. Then a card is selected and lost in the pack. With half of the deck banded up, you are able to stab their selected card from a dribbled pack!

T & R – Two cards are chosen at random. The performer then proceeds to tear the cards up into 4 pieces, which are clearly shown to the spectator. The cards then restore themselves back to normal, leaving the creases where they originally were torn. No switches, nothing to palm off or add on. Completely impromptu.

Back in Time – A card is selected and a mental photograph is taken. The card is then lost in the pack and mixed up. The performer then shows an indifferent card which is placed in the spectator’s hand. The mental photograph comes back as you end up at the same position which you started, with the indifferent card now being the selected card.

Mr. Clean Coins Across – A classic effect from Jay Sankey. This version of coins across or 3Fly, uses NO gimmicked coins, nor any extra coins. The coins travel from one hand to the next, with each phase looking more and more impossible.

Belly of the Beast – Two cards are used, (Queen and a Two). The performer rips a corner of the Two and places the card back in the deck half way. The corner of the card is also placed into the deck. With no funny moves, the Two is now completely restored. The performer riffles the cards and a corner piece shoots out of the deck. The performer then spreads through the deck and shows that the Queen is in fact now the ripped card and the piece matches.

Marrow – Borrow a dollar bill. Rip a piece off of the bill. Crumble up the bill and grab a magic wand. In this case, a straw. Wave the straw over the crumbled bill and it vanishes. The straw, which has never been opened, is now torn open. Inside of the straw is a rolled up bill. The corner piece torn off in the beginning matches that bill!
Mike.Hankins

Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5769 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Such an index leaves the real meat of the event out of the picture. Like any great session experience ideas were thrown around and several philosophical thoughts were entertained.

One such is when The Sankster posed the ponderance... which was better for the final step of Mr. Clean Coins Across? Vanish from the left and appearance in the right, or appearance in the right then revelation of the empty left. Mr. Hankins dropped the idea of simultaneous. What you learn from the web of though which ensues is invaluable training to be prepared for the trenches.

What do Café folks think is the best order for performing such a coins across routine!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2402 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Who was that cute girl who skyped in? Oh wait that was my daughter
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2015, Xcath1 wrote:
Who was that cute girl who skyped in? Oh wait that was my daughter

Last time I saw you two was at IMX! Glad she Skyped in! Was fun!!!!
Mike.Hankins

Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
593 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
That index is for the tricks only, but at the beginning there was an important "philosophical" comments about introducing yourself to your audience, that is also very important as well.
Have a nice day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » At the Table: Jay Sankey (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL