The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New from Kainoa? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
As Kainoa himself mentions in the video, it is exactly his version of the routine from the book "Ate Misbehavin'", he published togehter with Curtis Kam.
The single thing that is new for owners of this book is the ungimmicked version. As far as I know there is no ungimmicked version in his book!

In my opinion it is a great routine, but if you already own the book and don't need video instructions for better learning - save the money.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, cperkins wrote:
Sounds a bit like Trifectas...a series of production and vanishes...with an extra coin.

I don't believe he ever published his method for that - and it had a one coin flurry at the end and used only three coins.

This is not like Trifectas. It does not involve spectator participation nor a one coin flurry.
CodyCoyote
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of CodyCoyote
Have we confirmed that there is an ungaffed version on DVD? I don't have any so wouldn't want to waste money on the download.
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
Yes, there definitely is an ungaffed version - it uses 4 coins!
But you first have to watch/learn the gaffed version because Kainoa only describes the differences to the gaffed version.
CodyCoyote
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of CodyCoyote
Thanks Nightcrawler. is it just an EX SH?
Nightcrawler
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Nightcrawler
Correct.
Sent you a pm...
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
After reviewing 'Ate Misbehaving' I have to agree with Nighcrawler. There are differences but ... well minor. But the video was worth the price to me. This is a hellava routine.
MICKEY SILVER
View Profile
Elite user
Boston, Ma.
442 Posts

Profile of MICKEY SILVER
KAINOA... is totally a master with coins!!! This guy is smooth as they come, no games with him!!! .......not to mention a great guy to boot!!! Leaning from truly a great person is a smart move!!! "TRUST ME ON THIS"

MICKEY SILVER- "THE HANDS OF LAS VEGAS"
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I think there is an absolute difference between the two.

One is a professionally written manuscript and one is a professionally filmed and edited production.

If you are a serious student of coin magic you should purchase both. Read and study the manuscript. Digest the information. Watch the movie to see the creator share his numerous advancements and differences in his routine and how it has evolved over years.

I've seen Kainoa do this routine in coffee shops, in bars, in restaurants, even at a hotel reception desk. He has practically covered every angle to devilish levels. There are points in his routine that you'll say to yourself... oooooo you sneakie bahstahd.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have always loved Kainoa coin work. But I will be honest, its always been out of my reach. Does this one fall under his more knuckle busting effects? His middle finger multiple coin placements floor me...
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2015, Craig Ousterling wrote:
I think there is an absolute difference between the two.

One is a professionally written manuscript and one is a professionally filmed and edited production.

If you are a serious student of coin magic you should purchase both. Read and study the manuscript. Digest the information. Watch the movie to see the creator share his numerous advancements and differences in his routine and how it has evolved over years.

I've seen Kainoa do this routine in coffee shops, in bars, in restaurants, even at a hotel reception desk. He has practically covered every angle to devilish levels. There are points in his routine that you'll say to yourself... oooooo you sneakie bahstahd.

I have to agree here with Craig here, and very well said incidentally…There is much to digest in both the initial and the eventual as to the effect. I tried to bring this sort of thing across in my "Redux" offering, wanted to bring people up to speed of all the things I had learned from the initial offering of the Crimp Change. Over the years I had tremendously smoothed it out and added elements that made it much more deceptive and on the spot amazing, as you see it now. Kanoia has done the same sort of things as his original thinking and technique have evolved, making the very thing, though somewhat identifiable, something different, something more. Good shoot and I've heard a few "choice names" myself after showing my works, here and there, everyday almost Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Craig is absolutely correct. I have the manuscript but was having troubles as I am more of a card guy but I finally dove in and got the Video (from www.lostartmagic.com as well as The Saint-Exupéry Rose Vincent Mendoza for a couple extra bucks. great way to combine an order and not have to buy from Ellusionist) (they are apparently the only 2 sources). The production is great as usual and combining the two (written and video) I think this will be achievable for me now. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Now pm me if a must. I remember that with the notes, I needed or Soft coins were preferred. Is this still the case?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
He still uses (and recommends) soft coins but I do not think it is a "Must". With any ambient noise in the background, I have never really been able to hear a difference with any "soft / non-soft" coin routine. Even the part where he taps the "fan" with another coin in a certain way to audibly conceal the gaff, I don't hear a difference. I use silver walkers. All that said, my hearing may just be off when it comes to such intricate details.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I just finished watching this over the weekend. You're not only learning a few routines, but you're also learning some of the EG techniques that will be useful to anyone who wants to advance their coin work. not to mention all the other subtleties and sleights, that make up these great routines.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Eric Caldwell
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
156 Posts

Profile of Eric Caldwell
Ambient noise will cover for you throughout most of this routine, but lowering a stack from EG to FP is worlds easier with soft coins. I'm practicing with clad because there is no harm in making a little noise for my mirror until I gain the skill and money for silver
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I must be deaf (I do suffer from terrible tinnitus since my cancer treatment began 3 years ago) I use 3 walkers and a Walker S***l from Mark Mason. They are in no way soft, actually full of detail and all the bumps and ridges. I also practice with Ben Franklin Halves that are in excellent condition. No sound problems for me and I am really "trying" to hear it. Smile

I have been working the first phase (production of all 4) in both my right hand and my left hand over and over again and it is going well. The modular teaching is great as it allows you to get a step down pat before moving on to the next. From all his other material I have Books, notes, NYCMS DVD's, other downloads of his routines... this baby really makes a lot of the moves and techniques fall into place for a wonderful routine. I am still VERY happy with my purchase and can't rate this work highly enough. JUST GET IT, There is a lot to learn not only for this routine but for your others as well.

Smile Smile
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1406 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Poof-Daddy, the NYCMS DVD's help with this routine? He is not going over the same material?
How important is the text?
With just the video download and NYCMS DVD, will I get most what I need to understand the process.
In otherwords, will the DVD fill in for the manuscript.

I have the DVD, I am on the fence about getting the manuscript. I will get this latest video item.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Yes, the download alone or the manuscript alone will both teach the routine. (the download is more honed and updated plus talks you thru an un-gaffed version - the manuscript teaches the gaffed routine and Curtis Cam's version using a different gaff and a slightly different routine). As for the other DVD's, He has plenty of work on edge grip on the NYCMS dvds that he is on (a lot from his manuscript "Coins on Edge") which is an excellent tool also.

You really can't go wrong with any / all of his material. It all "stands alone" yet, it all adds to the others at the same time. But the short answer to your question - Yes, the download alone should teach you the entire routine. The rest is icing on the cake (or more in-depth study)

Smile Smile
Eric Caldwell
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
156 Posts

Profile of Eric Caldwell
The manuscript is no longer available. As poof says, though, the dvd goes into great detail. The video is high definition and has some really exquisite close-up angles to replay many times that will help you nail the techniques that are taught.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » New from Kainoa? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL