The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bill Bixby's 80th (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Thanks for this wonderful tribute page. I am a bit late to this thread, but it seems to be missing a clip from one of Bill's earlier shows (with Ray Walston), My Favourite Martian. So her is a quick clip. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOAj-DfJpRg

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Wonderful, thanks for that. And so appropriate since Uncle Martin could read minds as well as speak mind to mind!

In the first episode he plans to raise the money he needs to fix his ship by heading to Vegas and using his powers to "win" money. Taps right into the fantasy that many a mentalism performance evokes. The more things change...
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Can you believe that Bill Bixby doesn't already have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

His TV son, "Eddie," is raising money to get him one.

I donated. Maybe you should too!

https://www.gofundme.com/billbixbystarfund
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
419 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
The Magician will finally be released in dvd in an official version this year, as opposed to the bootleg copies out there.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Bixby was an influential magic figurehead in my youth. I owe him a debt of gratitude for his inspiring portrayal of a magician in a television series. It created a spark of interest that never went away. You could tell just by watching him work that he was an unpretentious and conscientious human being.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2015, mindhunter wrote:
That was a compliment, Bob...and I apologize for trying to type the D-word

DARN, Bob has aged well....

Bryn

Yes- I'm like a fine wine. (In fact, that's what probably keeps me well-preserved.)

I thought it was Rum?
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
If you've been waiting for Bixby's series "The Magician" to be released on DVD, it looks like you're going to have to wait a bit longer. The company that's publishing it had originally suggested it might happen in 2016, but now it's looking like the release will happen in 2017:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Magician-DVDs-Delayed/22619
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
Bixby's TV Show, "The Magician" is up for pre-order and will be start shipping Aug. 25, 2017

https://www.visualentertainment.tv/produ......llection
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
willmagicman
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of willmagicman
I'm late here too, but I had to comment. I loved everything Bill Bixby was in. Such a tender and gentle man. A fantastic and inspirational role model. (The 'Hulk' series got me into bodybuilding) It's true what they say ''You don't know what you got till its gone'' .....so true. RIP Bill.

Will.
A Man's gotta know his limitations ... A Magician sets those limitations.
deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
60 Posts

Profile of deaton
Ray Ralston and Bill Bixby on "My Favorite Martian". What a fun show. Smile
Original Old Town Magic Shop owner near Walt Disney World. Former Bozo the Clown in S.W. Ohio TV market. Was the founder and artistic director of Pinocchio's Maroionette Theater in Central Florida. Actor, writer, director, magic and spook show enthusiast.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thank you, Bill Bixby, for all the magic. Loved your show when I was a kid. Many magical moments watching "The Magician" on TV, then bugging my Dad to drive me down to Magic, Inc. on Lincoln Ave. in Chicago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bill Bixby's 80th (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL