The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » The Ultimate NFW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zephury
View Profile
Elite user
Hollywood, FL
488 Posts

Profile of Zephury
Sometimes, it's a good thing to admit when you're fooled.

AS tough as it is for me, I was definitely fooled.

I'm not familiar with that many packet tricks as I've never really shown a strong interest in doing them....... Until now. Stand-Up Monte and 8-card brain wave is pretty much the only packet tricks I ever performed. Non of which I've done in a long time.

I went to a club here in South Florida, just north of Miami. A magician offered to perform a trick for me and so I watched. He pulled out NFW. In my mind, I almost instantly recognized what I was watching and pretended to be interested out of respect when in reality, I was tired of seeing that trick... But at the end with all 4 cards face up on the table, he turned them over and that's when I was hit. Every card had a different back now as well.

Again, I'm not familiar with packet tricks, so I apologize for making myself look like a fool if this is some hugely marketed version of the trick that I just don't know about. If it is, I'd love to know the name.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Could there have been a quick packet switch after "NFW"?
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2015, Zephury wrote:
Sometimes, it's a good thing to admit when you're fooled.

AS tough as it is for me, I was definitely fooled.

I'm not familiar with that many packet tricks as I've never really shown a strong interest in doing them....... Until now. Stand-Up Monte and 8-card brain wave is pretty much the only packet tricks I ever performed. Non of which I've done in a long time.

I went to a club here in South Florida, just north of Miami. A magician offered to perform a trick for me and so I watched. He pulled out NFW. In my mind, I almost instantly recognized what I was watching and pretended to be interested out of respect when in reality, I was tired of seeing that trick... But at the end with all 4 cards face up on the table, he turned them over and that's when I was hit. Every card had a different back now as well.

Again, I'm not familiar with packet tricks, so I apologize for making myself look like a fool if this is some hugely marketed version of the trick that I just don't know about. If it is, I'd love to know the name.

I wonder if it was NFW? There is a routine in the book titled Ken Brooke's Magic Place that seems to fit the description of what you saw. It's called "Another Bloomin' Trick." It also seems like you may have seen a variant of John Bannon's Royal Scam. The original routine - which is KILLER - uses more than four cards but NO gaffs and two kicker endings, one of which is that the four aces have four different backs. The second climax is the revelation of a Royal Flush. But I'm guessing that you would have remembered the Royal Flush. The more I think about it, the more I suspect that what you saw was the Ken Brooke trick or a variation of it.

The book is available I believe digitally from LLePUB.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » The Ultimate NFW (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL