The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Deck Hunting... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daston
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Daston
I would like to present Peter Eggink's Ghost Tag effect in the following manner...Red Bicycle deck is shown as normal and spectator freely selects a card by touch. The card is brought to the top of the deck and revealed by a "d**b*e l**t" as maybe the 4 of Spades. The rest of the deck is put away inside a card box and placed inside my jacket pocket. The backside of the "selected" card is then used as a backdrop placed behind a photo of my magician grandfather (I happen to carry on my keychain). ("Talking" has been completely eliminated by wrapping the gimmick with felt.) After explaining my magician grandfather's favorite trick was to steal my card while in plain sight, I perform a natural move by reaching for the card (with my right thumb covering the face and card in the photo) and proceed to slide the card (backdrop) away from behind the photo. The card inside my grandfathers jacket pocket has turned over revealing itself to be the 4 of Spades. Adding to the climax I can now turn the selected card over to reveal the face of the selected card is now completely blank. Turning the photo over so the spectator can read the message on the backside of the photo creates plenty of misdirection to ditch and end up clean. I can take this a step further and bring out the card box (s***ch**) to reveal a full deck (face up) with only the 4 of spades missing. I place the blank card inside the cardbox and reopen it to reveal the 4 of spades to be restored. This could be considered OVERKILL to many but I like giving it a triple climax.

I need to know...."Is there a deck of cards out there that can be shown as normal but the selected card ends up being blank?" I am not sure if MENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY would work....maybe a special Svengali deck???" I can currently get away with a few normal cards on the bottom and a 4 of Spades on the top with a lot of "b***ks" in between which works fine but in my mind I know a spectator could possibly select a card from near the bottom of the deck. Instead of asking the spectator to touch a card I could request them to say STOP as I slowly thumb off cards. Normally nobody wants to go through a whole deck without saying STOP. Just easing my mind to find out if a special deck is available out there somewhere???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Deck Hunting... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL