The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lilith and The Devil's Chair (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
Http://youtu.be/PP5u74obUxI

The Devil's Chair in Cassadaga, Florida is a graveside bench in the cemetery that borders Cassadaga and Lake Helen. According to one local legend, an unopened can of beer left on the chair will be empty by morning. In some accounts, the can is opened, and in others, the beer is simply gone, through the unopened top. The Devil is sometimes said to appear to anyone so bold as to sit in the chair.

Being the responsible father that I am, I took my then fifteen-year old daughter to legend trip.

I let her carry the ice-cold full can of beer into the cemetery.

I haven't shared these videos publicly, but thought my fellow spookies might appreciate them, especially those who met her.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17337 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This is an awesome video and further proof of the paranormal activity that surrounds the Devil's Chair!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks for that, Keruptis !
Brings back fond memories of late night trips to the cemetery with "Daughter of Godzilla".

I had a Magnum of Capt. Morgan Parrot Bay Rum, set out on my Balcony in Orlando my last visit.
I awoke to an empty bottle. I thought "Paranormal" ...

Later to find out, Slim had drank the whole Damm thing ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17337 Posts

Profile of Slim King
True story ... I drank a fifth of parrot bay and had the worst hangover of my life ... DON'T DO IT!!!

BTW ... I'm the official Keeper of the Devils Chair ..really!!! Cost me $5 to volunteer!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I knew that ... That, is why I said Parrot Bay !

Thanks for letting us know of, " The Devil's Chair ".
Nice, background story for a vanishing beer effect.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I thought he was more of a margarita guy...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
If I was there the can would be empty way before morning, and Then WO LD sit in the car. The devil doesn't scare me - I married his sister !;-)
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, george1953 wrote:
If I was there the can would be empty way before morning, and Then WO LD sit in the car. The devil doesn't scare me - I married his sister !;-)

LOL
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
Hope she doesn't read that !!!
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3159 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Reminded me of Wild Kingdom and Marlo Perkins when he told his daughter to sit in the chair. Marlo: "Jim and I are in the Congo and we are going to wrestle alligators." Big alligator comes swimming by. Marlo: "Jump in there Jim, wrestle that alligator."
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, Slim King wrote:
True story ... I drank a fifth of parrot bay and had the worst hangover of my life ... DON'T DO IT!!!

BTW ... I'm the official Keeper of the Devils Chair ..really!!! Cost me $5 to volunteer!

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

I took a page from the Slim King playbook today and joined my local historical society as a volunteer. I'm now responsible for cataloging an attic for one of the city's notorious 'hot spots'. It's filled with late 1800s medical equipment, records, creepy old wheel chairs -- no one else wants to go up there. Perfect 'setting' if things work out, if not, hey, I did a good deed.

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, weepinwil wrote:
Reminded me of Wild Kingdom and Marlo Perkins when he told his daughter to sit in the chair. Marlo: "Jim and I are in the Congo and we are going to wrestle alligators." Big alligator comes swimming by. Marlo: "Jump in there Jim, wrestle that alligator."

I was not expecting her to take me up on it. If it were me and my dad, I'd be like, "I'll hold the camera, you go sit in the chair!"

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, george1953 wrote:
If I was there the can would be empty way before morning,

I know what you mean, George. Just the other day this woman was just staring at the beer in my cup holder, like she had never seen a cup holder on a grocery cart before.

Quote:
On Jan 27, 2015, Godzilla wrote:
I knew that ... That, is why I said Parrot Bay !

Thanks for letting us know of, " The Devil's Chair ".
Nice, background story for a vanishing beer effect.

If anyone would like their own sealed empty can of beer for the effect, I make them for free. Just send me a full can of beer with return postage.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Keruptis nice gig
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17337 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'll take 24 but they must be done in one night. Smile
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
667 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
And they gotta be PBR's
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, Slim King wrote:
I'll take 24 but they must be done in one night. Smile

You're close enough, Slim, we can meet half-way and knock out 12 each no problem, in fact, pretty sure Cassadega is half-way, might as well make it the Devils' Chair.
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
And they gotta be PBR's

Premium beer drinker I see, I usually recommend Blatz beer for this, but for you I can make an exception.
Keruptis
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Keruptis
I hope no one gets the idea my posts are becoming less substantive just because my vote for Inferno was deleted from the year's tally due to my lack of having 50 votes. I am above that.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3159 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Keruptis wrote:
I hope no one gets the idea my posts are becoming less substantive just because my vote for Inferno was deleted from the year's tally due to my lack of having 50 votes. I am above that.

Most of us had less than 50 votes at one time. Glad you're over the limit.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17337 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2015, Keruptis wrote:

DUDE you have arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Nice to see you have arrived Keruptis..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Lilith and The Devil's Chair (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL