The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pizza box sucker trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christian Wilde
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Christian Wilde
There seems to be quite a few pizza box sucker tricks out there. By the look of it the Smokey Mountain Pizza oven trick seems to be the greatest fooler, but several of the other products are cool too. I haven't seen any of the tricks in real life, but I'm trying to build the effect based on what I've seen in videos. My question is, are there plans available for building a pizza box trick and does anyone know where the trick originated? I'm not trying to start (yet another) "this trick belongs to...and therefore you can't build a similar effect" discussion. It seems to me based on the sheer number of pretty much identical tricks out there that building one myself won't put me in a moral dilemma. 😊

/Christian
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
I've never seen published plans. I'd venture to say that the SM method is unique and proprietary and unlike all others - which I believe are all more-or-less the same.

However if you know the secret of "all the others" then plans probably aren't really necessary to build one of them.

I considered building one and even started mapping out plans. I was in a rush though so I purchased a used SM and although I knew where the pizza was from the videos, I never would have come up with the clever and simple design to accomplish the effect that they did. Also I would say the materials they used would not have been readily available to me (or most people) and are somewhat key to the simplicity of the design.

My advice is if you want to build - go with the traditional method and wing it w/out plans. If you want the SM level - buy it (and this is coming from someone that much prefers to build my own props).
Christian Wilde
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Christian Wilde
Thanks for your input Raven.
I have no idea how the SM trick operates in details. I might have a clue but I haven't seen it up close and in person. I think the holes in the back are very deceptive, and bring a lot of mystery to the trick. I have devised a method to make it happen with holes, so I'm trying to make that. I'm pretty sure it won't be nearly as elegant or awesome as the SM trick, but for kids parties I think my design will do fine. Anyhow if I ever come across a used SM, I'll most likely buy it.
😊
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
The SMM version is fantastic! Very deceptive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pizza box sucker trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL