The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My First Hypnosis Session Over Omegle (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
So I decided one day that doing hypnosis over the internet to random people I have never met before would be great practice.. And it was! I found that a lot of people were actually really interested in participating.

Overall it was a fun experience, and I suggest that anyone looking to practice should start there!

Link to video: http://youtu.be/SfCGOim1-tM
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
In the long history of bad ideas this is one of the worst. If bad ideas were an olympic event you didn't just medal... you Michael Phelpsed.

What is your plan if he drops his head and hits it on the desk? What if he falls out of the chair or any number of the thousands of things that can happen? Not being in the room is simply irresponsible. It is a saftey issue and not good practice at all.

I would not encourage anyone to do this for any reason.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Casper TFG
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Casper TFG
Danny, I couldn't agree with you more. "Irresponsible" is the key word here. It is simply not a wise thing to do unless you like potential lawsuits. Good advice, my friend. I trust the OP will take it to heart.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Well, a new low. I didn't think things could get lower than street hypnosis. Once again, this place has proved me wrong.

A great example of unprofessional, irresponsible attempt at "practicing" hypnosis with no regard to the subject. Again, proper training and understanding people. Hypnosis is not a magic trick!
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

I appreciate the advise friends, but obviously what you see is not everything that happened.. Before each session, I went over all of the precautions. Telling them that they will not be in danger and if they feel uncomfortable at anytime they may immediately stop.

I also told them I'd be filming and they did not have to participate if they did not want to. They were more than happy to participate and knew that I wouldn't be forcing them to do anything they didn't want to. So, no, there could not be any lawsuits.. But thanks for the concerns. Smile (I perform hypnotism to real people not on the internet on a regular basis)

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While I don't enjoy street hypnosis at least they are there with the people. I do not find it entertaining but it is not inherently unsafe. They are there with the subjects so I write that off as a matter of differing taste.

This is just irresponsible.

But to be fair I believe Ormond himself spoke of using the phone and such. Which would be equally bad in my view.

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 12:19 pm
Obviously you do not understand the point.

Forget lawsuits. You can not tell them not to hit their heads.

And obviously no he will not take the advice.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

I also found, that I am not the only one who has done this. But I did not expect the response, and I apologize if it seemed irresponsible. I am still learning, and I'm glad I am part of a community that is always looking to help. Smile

Casper TFG
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Casper TFG
At one of my shows, for some reason a kid pushed back on his chair and fell over. He came within inches of cracking his head on the floor. I have no clue as to why he pushed back but it scared me to death. It would devastate me to unintentionally hurt somebody. I guess there is always the chance that unexpected things can happen even under the best conditions.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

That is a good point.. And I see now that if it were to happen I wouldn't even be able to help, and that would be terrible. Thank you for the insight guys. I really do appreciate it!

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Have you been trained or certified? How about a little bit of background info before barging in here and providing suggestions to the community? I know who you are but others here likely don't. What are you willing to share?
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

No, I am quite new to the hypnotism field as I've been doing it for only about a year now. But this is a learning experience for me and I'm grateful for it. I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone. I apologize and I now see the mistake made. Now I must learn from it! Smile

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So your claim that you perform hypnotism to real people on a regular basis not just on the internet amounts to how many people exactly over what period of time?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

I perform some close up hypnotism which I see is not too liked here.. Usually during my close up mentalism acts.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Right so that is fairly little experience.

I am just trying to get a sense of what your experience is.

Nobody knows who you are so this is the only way to know.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Oh definitely. I'm not that experienced by any means. I'm also not afraid to admit it or see my mistakes. So again, thank you everyone for the advice. Smile

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Directionalist, you seem to have an eagerness to learn, and to listen to sound advice. What you are doing carries some inherent dangers, and you now seem to have taken that on board. Anyone who is willing to learn and share should be very welcome here. So welcome.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would like to be clear the dangers I speak of are solely from physical harm of falling.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
There is also some danger of someone freaking out and not being there to help them. I've seen it happen a couple of times. You just don't know the mental state of those in front of you. However I can see a potential media headline exaggerated and sensationalized it would make good copy.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Thank you Tony, much appreciated. I'm always looking to learn and better myself!

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Kreskin says there is no such thing as hypnotism. So I wouldn't sweat it!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » My First Hypnosis Session Over Omegle (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL