The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy "Slate Killers" (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Slate Killers is absolutely fantastic. The performance piece in the beginning is masterful and spellbinding. If a medium from the 1800s were somehow transported to our time to demonstrate slate writing for us, I'd have a hard time imagining that they could perform it as well as Bob Cassidy does. I'll be watching it again to focus in on the elements of performance that made it so fun and believable: tone of voice, pacing, gestures, handling of spectators, and so on.

The lecture portion is crystal clear. Every move is described and demonstrated in a way that's easy to follow and that also inspires confidence. With instruction like this, we can't help but learn. Bob's passion for mentalism comes across from beginning to end.

Highest rating possible. Well done.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I loved that the slates are made from something so easily available... for now. But experience has taught me it won't always be so, because items like that are changing all the time and will not always be so readily available in that form, so... planning ahead... I made my slates from 1/16th inch thick basswood from the craft store, sprayed flat black, and they work just fine. Not as durable as Bob's solution, but will probably be around for a longer time into the future. Meanwhile, kudos to my old friend Bob for giving me a reason to want to continue to use chalk and slates well into the future.
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I watched it last night.
This is a great elaboration on the Daley Slates, - and some more.

Now I'll watch it again!

Absolutely recommended!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
I will get this later on today, especially after glowing reviews like this.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18695 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I did some googling around earlier, found some interesting playing card sized items that are chalkboard one side, whiteboard the other...a metallic chalkboard envelope and some slate coasters too...

I must dig out my original pocket sized corinda slates this weekend...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10601 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, Sven Rygh wrote:
I watched it last night.
This is a great elaboration on the Daley Slates, - and some more.

Now I'll watch it again!

Absolutely recommended!

Great seeing you here Sven!

Look forward to a beer in Aker Brygge again - don't be a stranger around here as I know many including me really enjoy your ideas, knowledge and passion for the art.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5132 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Slates done Smile . Very easy to made. I already apply one handling for mini slates that I create some time ago. I already used them in a casual peformance and them work great.

Thanks again Bob
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Believe it or not, almost everything I say in a set routine is scripted. (Although I do ad lib a bit to personalize things.) But thanks for the nice compliment. It's really just the result of writing scripts in the same words I would use in normal speech.

Most people don't speak the same way that they write. The writing tends to be more formal and structured. Real dialogue is fractured. Incomplete sentences and contractions. If I wanted to script the line, "Would you mind giving me a break?" I'd write it, "C'mon, gimme a break willya?"

Have gotten a sense of this by how people respond to my 'patter' at times, but it would have taken a ton of trial and error to understand this distinction more fully. Thanks Bob, you rock! =)
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
768 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Fantastic download, bargain of the century.

When the man himself Bob "the legend" Cassidy gives you tuition on his artful craft you sit up listen and take note.

It's a privilege and honour to get the knowledge and experience from Bob Cassidy.

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle, WA
491 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
I watched the video last night and it is awesome as I expected.

Even though it now costs $19.95 I still think it's a "screaming deal" (as my wife says every time she finds a purse on sale at her favorite store).
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Too good to pass and criminally low price. I'm watching now Smile
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Bob I don't have this yet but I am curious how you justify spirit writing if the only power claim is to read/project thoughts onto an imaginary movie screen.

Thanks - John
Lakewood, Ohio
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Easy, John. I don't normally do apirit writing in my regular stage act. I just thought this material might be useful for people who have different presentations than I do. I've developed LOTS of material that doesn't fit my current act, but that others use regularly. Recall that I've put out work on key bending, other types of PK, major prediction effects, Russian Roulette, sightless vision, etc.

Best-

Bob
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1577 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
The trailer looks great. I know the content is even better! I will buy this tomorrow and enjoy at the weekend.

I don't buy much anymore, BUT, I always make the exception for Osterlind & Cassidy. Those names for me = Experience & Quality.

Robert.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
I really enjoyed the dictionary part of this download. I have Carlyle marketed version and really liked Bob's handling of it. What a steal that download was!
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
Thanks Bob. Can't wait to watch it!
Lakewood, Ohio
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Is this mental magic? because have writing appearing out of nowhere.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Seriously? You never heard of mediumistic effects? The first slate writing effects were invented by mediums, NOT by magicians.

I don't do mental magic. So, therefore, the answer must be "No."
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Yes I have, I was just confused as you mentioned "magic" and "magically" in the trailer, anyway thanks for clearing up.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

In the live performance included in the download, I present it as mentalism. The trailer was recorded separately and was designed to describe the material to magicians as well as mentalists.

The materials can be presented in various ways depending on your persona.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy "Slate Killers" (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL