The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy "Slate Killers" (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up that Penguin has followed up Bob Cassidy's "Billet Killers" training video (which is excellent BTW) with a new video called "Slate Killers."

If you buy today it's only $9.95

I just bought it and even though I have not watched it yet I can recommend it because:

1) It's Bob Freakin' Cassidy!

2) It's only $9.95 if you buy today (I think it goes to $19.95 tomorrow)
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Thanks, Steve. I saw that, and my PayPal finger is itching. Do you know how long the video is? I was trying to find that information on Penguin, but I didn't see it displayed.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I was wondering when they were finally going to release that. It was originally recorded just after my solo lecture at Penguin in December 2013. Reshots and additional material were recorded in September 2014, the day after my lecture with Richard Osterlind.

Let me know if it's any good and I may order it myself. Smile
Joaquim
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Joaquim
Quote:
On Jan 28, 2015, truman wrote:
Thanks, Steve. I saw that, and my PayPal finger is itching. Do you know how long the video is? I was trying to find that information on Penguin, but I didn't see it displayed.

Try to ask in the chat. They usually know these things.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I think it's about an hour long if I recall correctly.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Amazing material Bob, thanks for this.

I had mini slates that I done myself but I will experiment with the method that you use to make this ones.

I opened a thread on the L&G by the way...http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=578102&forum=218

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yup...i downloaded it earlier, will be watching it sunday....a bargain price..
I've asked to be banned
Investigative Mentalist
View Profile
Special user
Seattle, WA
565 Posts

Profile of Investigative Mentalist
I forgot to include the link, here it is:

http://penguinmagic.com/p/5185
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Just downloaded...and will watch over a cup of tea in the evening. Excited!

Regards,
Mike
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Bob plus 10 bucks plus an hour video plus slates = no brainer

Anyone know why the message wouldn't accept plus signs? +
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Purchased. The plus-sign-eating spirits made me do it! Smile
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
I purchased seance this past weekend and on the strength of that I did not hesitate to get this. Thanks for the heads up.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Hope you guys find it useful. The routine with the single slate is particularly strong for close-up. Note also how I use the same move with two slates that I perform to switch envelopes and playing cards.
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Great stuff! Nicely done, Bob. I like the idea of the small "slates", and I really appreciated the description and use of the dictionary in your routine.
AR
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Thanks, Angelo! I appreciate it.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Wow. I'm not even a dilettante mentalist, Bob, but I can see why you're such a legend. You really know how to hold an audience.

How "scripted" was that routine, in reality? You seem to be speaking from your heart, at all times. There's no feeling that you're reciting "patter" or may have done and said the same things thousands of times. If I were sitting in that room, I'd feel as though you were speaking directly to me using words you'd never uttered before. Really masterful.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I grabbed the dowlaod and I am about halfway through it.

Really nice Bob - I agree with MaxfieldsMagic that half the fun and genuine learning is in watching you perform.

Quite a few super ideas here beyond just the slates - especially in handling the turnovers.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Believe it or not, almost everything I say in a set routine is scripted. (Although I do ad lib a bit to personalize things.) But thanks for the nice compliment. It's really just the result of writing scripts in the same words I would use in normal speech.

Most people don't speak the same way that they write. The writing tends to be more formal and structured. Real dialogue is fractured. Incomplete sentences and contractions. If I wanted to script the line, "Would you mind giving me a break?" I'd write it, "C'mon, gimme a break willya?"

Other times, for contrast and humor, I'll say something very formally for a few lines and then finish it in the vernacular. No S**t!

The lecture portion, of course, wasn't scripted at all. That's just me talking as plainly as I can.

Best-

Bob
Mr Timothy Gray
View Profile
Veteran user
Rue d'Auseil
364 Posts

Profile of Mr Timothy Gray
I rather like that all my downloads from Penguin have Bob Cassidy's name attached.

Slates are, I think, under appreciated in recent years. Excellent to see Dr. Bob giving his thoughts. Have downloaded and will give it a watch tomorrow.
Yr. Obdt. Svt.,
Mr Timothy Gray

Specializing in the Occult Arts of Fortune Telling, Magic & Mediumship; Est. 1986
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Will have to pick this up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bob Cassidy "Slate Killers" (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL