The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Transparent Tarot/Oracle Decks (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I wasn't aware such decks existed. Imagine forcing certain combinations.

And there's a round, transparent oracle deck where you can not only layer but also rotate the cards.

And a more traditional Universal Transparent Tarot.

Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Interesting, I've never seen them. Thanks for sharing.
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
I have the transparent tarot and it is pretty cool. Did a reading with it once, but I still stick to the normal decks.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Never seen transparent tarot cards before, not sure how practical they would be, a great find all the same.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
The circular ones allowing for rotation could be structured with a reveal. I may have to look into these. Thanks for sharing.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Amazon just cut the price on the Transparent Tarot from $54 to $44. Not sure how long that will last.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764330039

PS I don't own this deck so I can't tell you anything about it beyond the description on Amazon.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Nothing, screams 'VINTAGE' like transparent plastic ...
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
CryptKeeper
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of CryptKeeper
Discounted? What a surprise. It will last until they go out of business.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 11, 2015, Godzilla wrote:

Are they being marketed as vintage? I didn't see that in the description. That doesn't make much sense.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2015, Godzilla wrote:

Are they being marketed as vintage? I didn't see that in the description. That doesn't make much sense.

Being a Bizarre forum, it seems like members here would want to use tarot that have been used a few times...
Vintage, may have been wrong choice of words. I, was thinking of in the future use of.

Posting allot of stuff, here in Spooky and/or Penny doesn't make much sense.

But, I have not questioned you about doing it !

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2239 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
True, they are not vintage, but to my way of thinking they are brilliant. The layering concept blew me away. Also, a transparent deck may be used as a shiner.

Kotah
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I've not got any, but have seen some at use in fairs. They are interesting in spreads and for overlapping and the new meanings and interpretations this can create. Not something I'd use, but I use the same deck for any professional work even though I own many for my own use. But there are interesting uses for these.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4291 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I have a Transparent Tarot in my collection because I thought the concept was interesting, although I've never actually used them in a reading.

They could be used for a prediction effect in which the performer displays a full image, then has several participants each select a card, which are then combined to produce a match for the prediction. One could use an old-fashioned transparency projector for the reveal.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18665 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think its healthy to sometimes move away from the same old, same old (pun intended)...

not everything in bizarre has to be old, vintage, aged or haunted...bizarre doesn't need to rely on cliches...
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
WOW, if I had only posted about moving on to newer, not so old props and effects, in other threads ...
(Spooky & Crypt)

Wait, I did ! Smile
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2239 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Gary, I am also intrigued by the rotation of the transparent round cards. To me, the very stacking of the cards gives a possible stor
Kotahy line of multiple dimensions, not unlike three or four tier chess board.

The future holding the secret of the moves we will or should make.

That's my take on it.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Kotah, I do respect your opinion ! Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5230 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm not a tarot practitioner, but I would think that with the right presentation this could be a little bit of a game changer. Let's assume you are performing for those not well-versed on the history of tarot (me being one of them), couldn't a story be weaved about a convergence at some point, where ancient beliefs coalesced and the power of tarot and crystals were joined to create a legendary glass deck of tarot cards, combining the power of both disciplines? This deck was rumored to have existed during the _______ time, possessed by _______, who only gave readings to a privileged few...but those few went on to change the world...for better or worse. Due to the fragility of the deck, it was most likely destroyed centuries ago. But what I have here is a modern-day facsimile of what that deck could have looked like. Imagine, a deck of cards that works not only in two-dimensions, but three. Thoughts, dreams, pasts, futures...layered together like time itself...

Something there I think.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Transparent Tarot/Oracle Decks (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL