The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPEN BOX at Penguin. (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2988 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2015, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Just picked up Greg Wilson's "Dishonest Abe" for $17 - very happy, as it's sold out otherwise, and the props alone are worth the money.

On the other hand, I also picked up Paul Green's "I Knew It All the Time" last week via the Open Box, and the jumbo cards were discolored and not particularly attractive. Maybe you take the wheat with the chaff buying seconds, but the ad copy does say "like new."

Well guess what - Mr. Green saw my post on here and sent me a brand new "I Knew It All the Time" set out of the blue. I offered to pay him but he wouldn't take anything. The set is sooo much nicer than the ones I received through the Penguin Open Box - clean and white, spanking new. Big fan of Mr. Green before this, but what an incredible gentleman.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Nice guy!
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1083 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
Met Paul many years ago,and I concur...Super nice and thoughtful...
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Love Mr Green. He's just awesome. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1919 Posts

Profile of tbaer
You can't wait too, too long or someone else will jump on it. I was interested in a certain item that came up for sale and it dropped quite a bit. I thought I would wait for it to drop just a little bit more, but I was too late. Someone else jumped on it before me. This happened on 2 occasions.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You can practice on items you don't plan to buy. Think of a price that you would pay for the item and see if you would have been able to buy it for that price. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OPEN BOX at Penguin. (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL