The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sherlockian DVD by Ben Cardall (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1395 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
This is something I'll get for sure =)
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Anyone seen this yet? Thoughts? Love the Sherlock style premises.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
917 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2015, Jeff Wassom wrote:
Anyone seen this yet? Thoughts? Love the Sherlock style premises.

Second this, anyone got a copy at Blackpool and cares co comment?
Reader discretion is advised.
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Blackpool was only a couple of days ago... I'm sure the comments will come in when they've watched it.
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
Mine shipped from penguin yesterday, so I should have it soon.
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
I'd be curious if anyone could chime in with the differences between this and the ebook. Are there more routines? Different routines? Thanks in advance.

-CM
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1619 Posts

Profile of celebrity
For anyon who wants a speedy delivery from the UK Magicbox grabbed a few from Titanas at Blackpool. Having seen and witnessed first hand some of Ben's material I know they will be great!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
I meet Ben at Blackpool and he was such a cool dude. I picked up the dvd and I'm excited to watch it. I'm a big fan of this style of mentalism.

-K
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2386 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
A lot of new stuff arrived in stock today including this, you can check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/s......gic.html
Mark Traversoni

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2429 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, simon hughes wrote:
He reminds me of somebody.

Ryan Gosling.

I thought the same exact thing.
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
Anymore of this ryan gosling talk and I am gonna start to blush! haha
Michael Graves
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
144 Posts

Profile of Michael Graves
Here is my Video Review of Sherlockian DVD by Ben Cardall.

( Told you I would do one Ben )

http://youtu.be/16d04YMSOx0
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
A message I saw on Facebook from wayne goodman:

I was very lucky and honored to get one of the first copies of Ben Cardall's new DVD http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Sherlockian-by-Ben-Cardal…
This Double DVD has rocketed into my top 5 Magic DVD's.
Ben is a great teacher and his methods are great meaning you can push everything into the presentation.
In typical Holmes style, it looks impossible, then once he (Holmes and Cardall) explain it, it all falls into place.
What I love most is that Ben has taken his love of Mentalism and attached it to his addiction with Sherlock to create something new and innovative yet still holding to the lore of Holmes.
The Holmes saga is at its biggest in years with the likes of Cumberpatch and Downey Jnr playing him over and over. (new film apparently on the way).
Original thinking, great effects and brilliant teaching combined together to make this the must have DVD set of 2015.

if anyone has anymore reviews or comments then please stick 'em up
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
Sherlockian is a culmination of the brilliant mentalism Ben's been creating and honing over a number of years. This isn't hype, Ben really is astute and has a genuine passion for psychology and the science of deduction - not just in performance and this comes through in the understated teaching on the collection too. I have no qualms in saying it should have been priced higher to deter the amateur. Great DVD and am looking forward to seeing more of Ben's projects come to fruition this year.
websmith2000
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of websmith2000
I've been playing around with Jamie Grant's Scenic 52 (a technique for memorizing a shuffled deck). Imagine my delight when I watched Ben's Rainmen routine. Here is a perfect practice vehicle to work on the Journey and a PAO (although Ben's approach for the court cards is nice and simple). Anyway - I just wanted to send a big thank-you to Ben for this effect. Now I can practice some memory work "under fire" and also do a great trick. Fantastic!

Sean

P.S. I still have to watch the rest of Ben's DVD but based on what I've seen so far, I've got a nice treat in store.
Ben_cardall
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Ben_cardall
Http://magicreviewed.com/reviews/ben-car......-review/ a great review from Jeff stone at magic reviewed!
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Hey guys (and maybe two ladies),

I received my copy of Sherlockian and Ben's latest work Rationation just the other day. It's really great when someone fresh emerges onto the scene because you never fully know what to expect. Thankfully for the most part I have been very happy with the community of thinkers that have emerged and Ben is another great experience. Ben was kind enough to help me through shipping issues and has been very kind all around, so customer service was top notch!

I plan on doing a much more in depth review when I can find a break in my schedule, but so far I am very impressed by Ben's ability to craft unique, engaging pieces that have moments of genuinely demonstrating the skills Ben claims to be using. Some highlights for me are definitely Becoming The Man and Twitches Theory (this has a BRILLIANT structure and built in visual value like I love), that being said, there was nothing but real workable material on the DVD set with excellent structuring.

To put it frank, if you have been waiting for a set of work that blends real intuitive skills (such as what Sherlock would actually be using as a method) with a good wholesome helping of sure fire mentalism pot pie, then this is something you probably should impulsively buy.

XX,
-Jakob
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Created a video review of Sherlockian and Ben's newest work Rationation for my Mystery Art's Inc. project. If you're looking for a second opinion or simply a real show as I get super excited over the material then check it out!

http://bit.ly/1ItqjX0

XX,
-Jakob
Prometheus
View Profile
Special user
Europe
523 Posts

Profile of Prometheus
Thanks for the review, Jakob! I really enjoyed watching it. What do think about The psychometric system?
-

Prometheus
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Really enjoyed this dvd set! Some great thinking and performances!
I love how ben fits the character and the material fits him. Rare to find those two gel together so well but Ben manages it on this set perfectly!
Great combination of methods to achieve the effects and I think a lot of workers will be adding various things to their repertoire after watching this set.
I'm excited to see what ben has to offer in the future.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sherlockian DVD by Ben Cardall (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL