The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Down The H@tch... (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Seen this?

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......tch.html

Brynmore is finally sharing his work on the perfect psychometry routine to accompany everyone's favourite patient registers. IMHO this is a must for anyone performing Luna - powerful, powerful stuff. It lies in that sweet spot where psychological meets reliable and is completely gimmick free.

And did I mention the thinking can be expanded and applied to many other effects? Well it can!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Looks interesting. Have you performed this?
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
In the interests of transparency, I should state Bryn was kind enough to share this effect with me a while back. I think it was also shared with the guys who attended Michael's "Gathering of the Dark Magi" - so hopefully they will also chime in.

I have performed it - although I should say I did not segue into the full Luna routine - I merely used the introduction of the book as my end point, because I was performing in a short slot. The revelation that they key was linked to the facility my participant had just described so clearly was powerful enough. I think the full Luna routine would build incredibly strongly from that starting point.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
508 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Congratulations Brynmore! MatCult is correct in saying that the routine is powerful. Placing the spectator in the position of medium is a passion of Brynmore's and it shows through in this work. What is not said is that the technique is highly adaptable. The packet is clearly written and logically laid out. It is simply golden.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
I first saw a vide of Bryn performing this back in November of last year, its a great routine and I'm glad to see that he has decided to release it. Its equally good as a lead in to LXn@ or indeed as a stand alone piece.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Congrats Bryn! I love the idea..
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Big ups to Brynmore! This is a great piece to share.

Just posted some more thoughts about this below deck.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2236 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I too have seen the vid clip of Bryn performing this effect, It is brilliant thinking, and oh so clean.
The possibilities seem limitless.

Kotah
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1456 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, Perkins wrote:
DtH Crypt discussion

Ok. I just ordered this on your recommendation.

I'm curious, since it sounds like it has an affinity to the way I script things, including Luna.

I may be able to pick up some new ideas from this.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Folks,

Thank you all for your wonderful and kind words. I really hope you find the effect useful and find ways to take the thinking behind it and make it your own. This is not a one trick pony, it is a methodology for the performance of volunteer-centred psychometry effects. It is 'spectator as mind reader' made as clean as possible. It has the benfits of 'dual reality' without the fear that the volunteer will be underwhelmed.

I really hope the methodology inspires your own effects, so that I can enjoy being blown away by your performances down the track.

All orders up to now have been sent out. If it isn't in your inbox, check your spam box. Failing that, if it goes missing in action drop me an email at brynorr@yahoo.com.au and I'll get it squared away for you.

Regards,

Brynmore
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1273 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Looks good, I'm in (or ordered ) Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, California
227 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
All this praise has convinced me. I have just clicked the order button. I am very excited!
bobbyhasbun
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of bobbyhasbun
This is bizarre magick in its simplest form.

Maybe that's what makes it so amazing! I've seen the video and now I can't wait to read the PDF.

Buy yourself an antique prop, create a backstory around it, adapt Bryn's great thinking and you have yourself
a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Or, perform it utilizing the CH backstory and shatter just as many realities.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, gothicmagic wrote:
Looks good, I'm in (or ordered ) Smile

Vlad, yours should be hitting your inbox any moment now.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1273 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Man it makes me really happy the accumulated talents we have here, writers, craftsman, artisans,film makers, actors & entertainers all to make the world a creepier place (we have more talent here than at an old school film studio)
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1870 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
This is a great segue into Luna and provides a perfect rationale for all that follows. I am honoured and thrilled with Brynmore's approach here.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Thanks Todd. It is an honour to have contributed to the Luna mythos.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, gothicmagic wrote:
Man it makes me really happy the accumulated talents we have here, writers, craftsman, artisans,film makers, actors & entertainers all to make the world a creepier place (we have more talent here than at an old school film studio)

You are not wrong. Imagine what we could do if we did go into movies.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2015, bobbyhasbun wrote:
This is bizarre magick in its simplest form.

Maybe that's what makes it so amazing! I've seen the video and now I can't wait to read the PDF.

Buy yourself an antique prop, create a backstory around it, adapt Bryn's great thinking and you have yourself
a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Or, perform it utilizing the CH backstory and shatter just as many realities.

Thanks very much Bobby. Considering the calibre of your own offerings, that is a big compliment.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Down The H@tch... (28 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL