The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In and Out by Luca Volpe (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10498 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Just watched the demo and answered my own question - this wasn't shown at MV.
Looks really sweet - I will grab this.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
Ciao Luca, sono molto contento di vedere del materiale italiano, ben fatto, sul mercato magico! Ottimo! ho visto ora il trailer ed è molto interessante, appena riesco lo acquisterò sicuramente e ti farò sapere!

Hi Luca, I'm very happy to see Italian materials, very well made, on the market! Great! I watched the trailer and looks really interesting. I definitely will buy it and then I let you know!

Ciao,
Jacopo
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I really like the flexibility of this concept. I will be using my own symbols. Great thinking!
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
881 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I just purchased this on Penguin however it says it is at 0% processing and won't let me open the instructional video..
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks guys for the feedback glad you like my little idea Smile
@thediretionalist I think maybe you have some internet connection problems as the other people ,for what I see had no problem at all. Try again Smile or check in your penguin account.
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
@ TheDirectionalist
It will take some time to get processed
don't worry
In my case the video got processed in less than half an hour.
Jacqilusion
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Jacqilusion
IN and OUT by Luca Volpe is a great mentalism magic trick with great reactions from the crowd.
Review
It is super cheap you get a great pack it comes as a download and what you get is the method, handling and a template for the card that you use.
Just edit a little bit and print it.
You can even use a piece of paper that is lying around and do the mentalism magic trick right away.
So you can create a real sense of What is he doing now??? and then the reaction of the crowd, great.

In de video you will be taken through every part of the handling.
If this would get a little wallet and few printed cards it could sell for around 30 to 50 euros.
If you put a leather wallet with it you could sell this for 80 euros.
This is really a real and good, strong mentalism act.
One of the better ones around.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thank YOU Jacquilusion! Btw you read my mind...lol...Im actually thinking to do a more expanded project in the future including other types of billets, revelation etc..I have MANY ideas...but NO time...lol...so for now there is no release date. Im sure many of you are already playing with ideas using this concept Smile
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2218 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I really like this but am having problems with the download. My Penguin account shows two items for download (I guess and am perhaps hoping part 2 will be the graphics,) but like The Directionalist, am having problems with the 2nd part.

As an effect and Luca's wonderful presentation, this is though delightful and very practical.
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, NeilS wrote:
I really like this but am having problems with the download. My Penguin account shows two items for download (I guess and am perhaps hoping part 2 will be the graphics,) but like The Directionalist, am having problems with the 2nd part.

As an effect and Luca's wonderful presentation, this is though delightful and very practical.

I am sure that is where the graphics belong, but mine also does not show anything for download. It just says Processing 0% Ready.

Phil
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2819 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Email Penguin...I did and got the graphics in 30 minutes.

Nathan
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
I gave in and got it. It's a fantastic routine and for the price it's a steal.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2218 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Heard promptly from Penguin and although there are 2 download links for In and Out, there is only meant to be one, the other being a mistake. And I too was sent a graphic. Great customer service, as always.

Also, having now had time to digest In and Out more fully, I am beginning to appreciate more than ever how powerful it is. In addition, you could easily design your own card and version and so make it appropriate to your style or reading you choose to give.

I think this is really excellent and an absolute bargain.
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
This is an excellent billet effect with built in cold reading and the reveal of a divined piece of information that can be related to the cold reading or not. The p**k is foolproof and can be glimpsed more than once without suspicion.

Here is another approach for those who want to use their own existing business card without having to print up special cards. It won't work for everyone and may not be as versatile a set up as the written up routine, but it is an option for some.

i stumbled onto this idea when lamenting the fact that I already had my own logo in the suggested printing location and wanted to hand out my same business card afterwards. My logo happens to have the silhouette of a family, man, woman, child and dog. I have the person choose one of silhouettes and do a cold read on their choice. It could be someone they know, or an aspect of their personality (masculine, feminine, child) or could be what animal they think they are. The reveal word can be the name of the person or a quality about the person they admire or any possible thing you decide.

So I looked through some samples of business cards I had and started to apply cold readings to the various logos. You have to be creative here. You can have them pick part of the logo, interpret the symbol, choose a letter from the logo, even go left, middle, right for past, present, future, ....you get the picture. Your logo is a jumping off point for the reading. Then your reveal name or word can be something related to a quality of their personality, someone's name, a word...whatever you decide. You would be surprised on what you can make out of your own logo for a mind bending reading. And if you need to tweak the logo a little bit, you can use a pen right in front of them to make some type of extra symbol or mark that has it come together better and make more sense.

Creativity and presentation is the benchmark for good mentalism.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2218 Posts

Profile of NeilS
What a fantastic idea, Dr Art.

As I mentioned to Luca privately, there are lots of ways to customise this.

A thought I had was to use a panel of colours but again, with this, there are so many possibilities.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Great to see all this ideas, very happy about it Smile
as I said, Im planning to do a new project whit this idea expanded, at the moment if you have any idea and you want to be part of my next project you can send to me at: lucavolpeproductions@gmail.com
Obviously you will have full credit and the product as soon will be release.
Thanks
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is good. Very nice justification for the 'u know what.

I got this last week for $3.95. incredible value as I'm actually using it!

Thanks Luca. Btw, you reminded me of Christopher Walken on the video. You look a bit like him!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3054 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
This is good. Very nice justification for the 'u know what.

I got this last week for $3.95. incredible value as I'm actually using it!

Thanks Luca. Btw, you reminded me of Christopher Walken on the video. You look a bit like him!

Thanks my friend!
Btw I hope you mean when he was younger...lol...
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
881 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I've been using the same peek for a long time, but the added subtlety of the symbols makes it so much better! I love it! My mind has been running with ideas, including adding esp symbols and intuiting which one they are thinking of! Then revealing what object they are thinking of!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3536 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, lucavolpe wrote:
Great to see all this ideas, very happy about it Smile
as I said, Im planning to do a new project whit this idea expanded, at the moment if you have any idea and you want to be part of my next project you can send to me at: lucavolpeproductions@gmail.com
Obviously you will have full credit and the product as soon will be release.
Thanks

Luca,

I was thinking that instead of the four symbols on the card, you could have images of the four suits. You then ask them to write a number between 1 and 13. Do a reading of the suit they selected while one of your hands goes into one of your pockets where you have the cards indexed. You then tie the suit and additional elements of your reading to the revelation of their number and end by pretending to place the initial card in their hand, but you really put the folded playing card in their hand. You bring the two elements together and explain that their suit and number represent a playing card. Ask them to open their hands and they have their folded playing card. You then leave them with the playing card instead of the initial card. I like to write a little saying, much like a fortune cookie message on the card, sign and date it, as a memory of the experience. I also sometimes, punch a hole in the card (or do a moving hole trick), tie a string to the card (perhaps from a gypsy thread routine with cotton string, not dental floss), or a ribbon (used for ring and string routine), and they have a bookmark to keep.

If you would like more info on a card index, there is a card index that to my knowledge has no originator because it is as old as the hills and has appeared in dozens of very old books with no reference to the originator. PM me for details.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In and Out by Luca Volpe (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL