The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Brian Willliams Stolen Valor? (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh shucks! He'll always be ok in my book. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKPt6Jbix74
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Very nice, William. Thanks for doing that.
I notice that they referred to a Brian Williams who was a warrant officer at 1:32!
Maybe Brian Williams thought he was Brian Williams.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Hahahahahahahah!! That's my buddy. We flew together in Iraq and his statement would be true if it was applied to him.....lol
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Possibly another shoe may drop with Brian Williams in New Orleans storm coverage. Tom Brokaw asking for Billy to fired.

Move over Dan Rather and Candy Crowley.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
More lies...

Story here...
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"NBC News anchor Brian Williams' comments about dead bodies, Hurricane Katrina starting to gain attention"

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/new......williams

Maybe Brian Williams thought he was Chris Kyle?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Operation Mocking Bird 2015 in full swing!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It seems it was all scripted. Wag the Dog.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I think this bears repeating!
A million thanks for sharing your magic with the worlde Anderson!
The Hero Williams in the clip also was a hoot and a fun bit of irony.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I’m a big fan of Scott and love his story. A hero in many ways.

For those that don’t know, he was also a big hit on American’s Got Talent a few years back.

Tom
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
So the pilot who was flying Brian Williams in the helicopter said they did take small arms fire after all. A day later he is no longer sure.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/brian-willia......1367528/

"Mr. Williams was on board my aircraft. We took small arms fire," the pilot, former chief warrant officer Rich Krell, told CNN. "All I know is one RPG was fired. It struck the lead aircraft, which was about what we call six rotor disks in front of me."

Fog of war, I guess. But if the pilot is so confused, what does that say about other people's recollections.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2015, TomBoleware wrote:
I’m a big fan of Scott and love his story. A hero in many ways.

For those that don’t know, he was also a big hit on American’s Got Talent a few years back.

Tom

I agree ... Scott, you are totally a hero, and thank you for your service. I just re-watched your America's Got Talent Origami illusion on YouTube, and it was great!
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I heard this today,
"He could be a big fish in a small pond over at MSNBC,
plus there isn't a premium on the truth over there!"
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
So maybe he could apply to FOX as well, if he dyes his hair.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Devious wrote:
I heard this today,
"He could be a big fish in a small pond over at MSNBC,
plus there isn't a premium on the truth over there!"

Actually, he's with NBC not MSNBC, although they have the same parent company. In addition, MSNBC doesn't hesitate to take remedial action when inaccurate statements are made. Unlike FOX, where such statements are actually encouraged and NEVER result in suspensions, leaves, or terminations.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I think the idea was that he could switch networks to MSNBC, if he were to be dropped as anchor on NBC.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I doubt it. Like I said, they have the same parent company.

And note that I'm not defending Williams. As I said early on this thread, I believe he should be forced to retire or be terminated, which is exactly what I believe will happen.

That, or as landmark suggested, he can dye his hair and become a lead anchor on FOX where he can say whatever he wants regardless of its truth.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Who did MSNBC suspend or fire for inaccurate reporting?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Keith Olbermann and Ed Shultz come to mind. Both were suspended for "inappropriate comments." I don't believe FOX has ever done that.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Keith Olbermann and Ed Shultz come to mind. Both were suspended for "inappropriate comments."

Probably told the truth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Brian Willliams Stolen Valor? (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL