The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » China town Half/ Lethal Tender (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midwestmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Bartlett Tn
110 Posts

Profile of Midwestmagic
I am working on a new routine with these coins but I need a way to change the color of the plug on the half dollar side to a flesh color I tried baand aids but it does not seem to work just right !!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Colored pencils are your friends.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Simple... Get a single hole paper punch and then find a couple magazines. Page through the magazines until you find a photo of a model with skin color that matches yours. Then punch out a handful of those little punch dots. Remember that the hole in the coin casts a bit of a shadow on the skin under it, so use a shade darker than your own.

Good luck!

Jim
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
There are many shades/colors of nail polish that can be used for this
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Simple... Get a single hole paper punch and then find a couple magazines. Page through the magazines until you find a photo of a model with skin color that matches yours. Then punch out a handful of those little punch dots. Remember that the hole in the coin casts a bit of a shadow on the skin under it, so use a shade darker than your own.

Good luck!
Great idea Jim.
Jim
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
king_amongthepigs
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of king_amongthepigs
I used to use a printer to print out a bunch of skin color, see what matches mine and cut it out to fill in the hole. Works well for me.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Another idea: Go to a color copy machine at your local office supply store and photocopy the palm of your hand. The color printout will be an exact match of your skin color. I tried to use a hole puncher to make the insert but the diameter of the paper dot is too small for the hole of a Johnson Chinatown Half. I had to carefully cut out the insert by hand with small scissors.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Leo, I bought another punch that punched larger holes.

Jim
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Jim--I thought hole punchers came in one standard size. Where did you locate the puncher that makes larger holes?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Try Amazon. Also Wal-Mart. Here's a multi-size punch set from Wal-Mart, for example:

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Darice-Hole......13432530

Jim
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Hi Jim--thank you for the link. Although I haven't taken any measurements yet, I assume/hope? one of those 3 sizes of this multi-puncher fits a Johnson Chinatown Half. I'd hate to order this and get a bad surprise.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
For a Johnson Products Chinatown Half, you need a 5/16" hole puncher. It can be challenging to find one, since most office supply places seem to carry only 1/4" models. Fortunately, it looks like that multi-sized model from Walmart does include a 5/16" option.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Get one of these:

from Todd Lassen.

Made like a Scotch & Soda.

No more worries!

Or, get some skin colored modeling clay:

You can blend these to make any skin tone.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Feb 15, 2015, karnak wrote:
For a Johnson Products Chinatown Half, you need a 5/16" hole puncher. It can be challenging to find one, since most office supply places seem to carry only 1/4" models. Fortunately, it looks like that multi-sized model from Walmart does include a 5/16" option.

Sounds like that would work. I think the one I used was 8mm, which is about the same.

Jim
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Kathy from Johnson Products confirmed for me that they use 5/16" diameter white circle labels from Maco for their own Chinatown Half inserts.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Mick-L-Hinman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Mick-L-Hinman
Flesh coloured tape for mics or dancers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » China town Half/ Lethal Tender (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL