The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » March 1: Luca Volpe Penguin Live Lecture (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2015, lucavolpe wrote:
Thanks guys! See you in few hours!

All the best Luca! Have a great time and share your excellent Mentalism and charisma with the Penguin crowd
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Best of luck, Luca...Smile
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Hi luca I wish you a great result!
I like your ideas
Mark Smile
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Excellent lecture, excellent material and lots of hidden nuggets locked away inside if you listen closely...Luca is a gem too, great guy with a really good sense of what truly works in any performing context.

XX,
-Jakob
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
One of the best lecture I've seen.

Great job Luca, like I predicted! Smile
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
I wasn't able to watch this live, but I'm looking forward to downloading it soon!
RobertMarsi
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of RobertMarsi
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
I hope penguin go back to proper magic lecture soon. I am getting bored of interview and mentalism all the time now. how many more time can I see mentalist say a word a spectator thinking of or predicting something? lets go back to magic now please.

Raj, all the mentalism on Penguin Live is what keeps my Penguin Live subscription active (hope you're reading this Acar). There was a long series of back to back magic lectures last year with no mentalism. This was much needed. How many more variations of the professors nightmare or triumph do you need? But hey, I can understand that your interest is magic, and I can respect that!
Ulrich
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of Ulrich
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2015, RobertMarsi wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
I hope penguin go back to proper magic lecture soon. I am getting bored of interview and mentalism all the time now. how many more time can I see mentalist say a word a spectator thinking of or predicting something? lets go back to magic now please.

Raj, all the mentalism on Penguin Live is what keeps my Penguin Live subscription active (hope you're reading this Acar). There was a long series of back to back magic lectures last year with no mentalism. This was much needed. How many more variations of the professors nightmare or triumph do you need? But hey, I can understand that your interest is magic, and I can respect that!

DITTO!

Not to mention that lately Bill Montana and Art Vanderlay brang a REALLY DIFFERENT kind of mentalism, how can you even complain about monotony of mentalism and latest Penguin Lectures (one is a sharlatan and psychic and the other one can influence weather...) after these two?!!

Please give us more.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Luca showed his professionalism right out of the gate, I wouldn't expect anything less from a fellow Italian (I am third generation born in U.S.).

This was a refreshing lecture for me. Luca had total command of the night. He had solid effects, and he had elegant methods (elegant in science means simple) to the effects.

I loved his Lucky Envelopes routine, which is essentially a two-envelope Bank Nite routine. It is fun and moves fast. He assured me it will work with American money and not just Euros!

I was distracted a little bit at the beginning of E.S.Periment, and I will have to rewatch it to get a better understanding of how the effect unfolds. It is a triple revelation involving ESP cards.

Drawing Psychometry is a nice way to get four people involved. Each comes up, draws a simple image. One of them is tucked away into an envelope. The other three images, which have been mixed, are placed on a table. The performer shows the images one at a time and reveals whose image it is. For the last one, the performer does a design duplication. Again, great thinking into the method. Luca's methods are clean and direct (or, one might say elegant).

I am a big fan of the Open Prediction, and Luca shares a version I have never seen before. I like it a lot. When I watch magic/mentalism, I watch it. I am not trying to figure anything out. I love good magic and mentalism, and I want to sit back and enjoy. So, I wasn't looking for Luca's method. But, there was what I considered a slightly awkward moment when Luca is putting the remainder of the deck aside. During the explanation portion, that awkward moment was really nothing ... the effect was done. The move, if you can call it that, was over. This is truly any time, any where with a shuffled and borrowed deck.

The Key of Fate is an interesting routine involving three spectators, three keys, three prizes and one lock. It has the feel of Seven Keys of Baldpate meets Chair Routine meets Bank Nite. Wait until you learn the method.

I really enjoyed this lecture.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
491 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Bobby, was impressed with the Open Prediction as well.

The nice thing about these lectures is you get different things from different presenters and what struck me most about Luca is what a pro. This will be me 'go-to' for studying what professionalism looks like. Great job Mr. Volpe!
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Am I the only one a bit tired of the same chosen audience for Penguin Live?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1371 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Not sure it's a matter of being chosen as much as who shows up in Columbus, Ohio. Think about it, if you had a lecture every week at your local magic Shop, I'm guessing that the same 25 people would show up each week.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1307 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2015, ComposerCopenhagen wrote:

Please explain your solution for dramatically varying the audience at a weekly magic lecture in the same town each week.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1788 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
... or why that matters?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
SNAPS | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

It is no complain. I guess I didn't know it was such a small town Smile If Jacob is the only one coming to this event, it is fine. Maybe it is really just a handfull of guys every time.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Sorry guys - bad statement by me - I apologyze.
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Luca did a fantastic job, what's especially impressive about his work is that it comes from a man who is a true professional, out there in the real world working this material.
He has clever twist on existing principles, that could only come through solid work.

I liked every piece, all workers. clever thinking from an experienced performer, how can you go wrong?

Great job Luca !
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Renz,

Could not agree more. Nice way of putting it.

As for the same audience, Ohio was hit hard by sub-freezing temperatures and a lot of snow. So, the people who showed up for Luca's lecture were the hard-core folks.

During the Osterlind-Cassidy lecture, there were people there I had never seen before (I live 90 minutes away and attended that one). There was a slightly different crowd for Marc Salem than Joshua Quinn.

So, the crowd changes with the performer.

If you can ever get to one of the lectures, I recommend you do so. The folks at Penguin Magic are gracious hosts. Not only do you get to attend the lecture at not cost, they also buy pizza for everyone after the lecture. The magic continues afterward. It is a great experience.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Bobby,

I totally understand, I'm in New York, Boston not too far, we recieved record cold and snow. So cold and so much snow, if they told me Annemann retuned from the beyond and was lecturing, I might have to take a pass. It's tough to travel in this kind of mess and cold, perfectly understandable. It actually did not make or break the quality of the lecture. I'm sure Luca got off the Plane and was quite taken aback by the cold, lol

I'm not surprised to hear the Penguin group are great host , hope to get to one of them, one of these days.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2015, ComposerCopenhagen wrote:

The audiences aren't "chosen" at all. Anyone who wants to can come. I had almost completely different audiences at the two lectures I did for Penguin. And a different audience again when I did a live show for them the night following one of the lectures.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » March 1: Luca Volpe Penguin Live Lecture (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL