The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Better call Saul. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glad to be of service.

Having seen nothing of it I think it would be great the number of characters they can bring in and out.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Besides learning how Mike came to work for Saul, I think we will also see how Gustavo Fring became the power drug dealer he was in Breaking Bad. Yeah, lots of interesting stories to mine.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Great start to this series. And an amazing cliffhanger ending with the appearance of Tuco.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Can't wait for this to hit Ireland.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
'Nother one tonight; I knew this wouldn't be disappointing. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Great start to this series. And an amazing cliffhanger ending with the appearance of Tuco.

I need to re-watch the whole series. I had completely forgotten about Tuco and didn't recognize him!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
How many missed Jonathan Banks's appearance last night as the parking lot attendant when Saul couldn't leave the parking lot without his sticker? (Mike Ehrmantraut in Breaking Bad)

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:

How many missed Jonathan Banks's appearance last night as the parking lot attendant when Saul couldn't leave the parking lot without his sticker? (Mike Ehrmanstaut in Breaking Bad)

I can't imagine any BB fan would have missed that.

You know he is still playing Mike, right? No spoiler, the cast and crew told us this months ago. We are meant to know.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
That would be pretty weird if they introduce a NEW character played by an actor from Breaking Bad who played a DIFFERENT character! Maybe Aaron Paul will show up as Saul's long lost love child!
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:

How many missed Jonathan Banks's appearance last night as the parking lot attendant when Saul couldn't leave the parking lot without his sticker? (Mike Ehrmanstaut in Breaking Bad)

I can't imagine any BB fan would have missed that.

You know he is still playing Mike, right? No spoiler, the cast and crew told us this months ago. We are meant to know.

Didn't know he was still playing Mike; haven't read anything about the new series. Will be interesting to see the characters develop.

NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:

Try - watchtvlinks.sx. - it's there, along with practically everything else.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:

Try and remember while watching this that this is make believe. It does not truly represent life in America. I know you get confused.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
Didn't know he was still playing Mike; haven't read anything about the new series. Will be interesting to see the characters develop.

You do realize that this series takes place BEFORE the events of Breaking Bad, don't you? (Except maybe for the very first 5 minutes or so.)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

Try and remember while watching this that this is make believe. It does not truly represent life in America. I know you get confused.

Actually, the show wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is if it didn't have strong elements of truth in it.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
Quote:

You do realize that this series takes place BEFORE the events of Breaking Bad, don't you? (Except maybe for the veryfirst 5 minutes or so.)

Nope, didn't know that either. I didn't even get into Breaking Bad till early 2014 when we did marathons and caught the whole series in a matter of a month or two. So, thanks for the dope. Smile

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You do realize that this series takes place BEFORE the events of Breaking Bad, don't you? (Except maybe for the veryfirst 5 minutes or so.)

Nope, didn't know that either. I didn't even get into Breaking Bad till early 2014 when we did marathons and caught the whole series in a matter of a month or two. So, thanks for the dope. Smile

To reiterate some of what Bob said, the first scenes of Better Call Saul are AFTER Breaking Bad. They show what life is like for Saul (boring and in constant fear of being discovered) after he goes into hiding.

Then we go back to before Breaking Bad, and we start to learn how James McGill turned into Saul on Breaking Bad.

By the way, I want to see Jesse's drughead friends appear in Better Call Saul as they were BEFORE they became drugheads. You know, guys like ol' Badger and Skinny Pete.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Old news, just for the heck of it:

http://www.today.com/popculture/better-c......79970123
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Olds to you, news to me. Smile

silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Vince Gilligan has a firm grip on good television.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Better call Saul. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL