The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Better call Saul. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The central question of Better Call Saul is, "Will he lose the girl because he becomes Saul, or will he become Saul because he loses the girl?"
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
The central question?

And hey, I think your ban was much shorter than my ban. You must have done something much more innocuous than post a movie trailer but I'm not sure how. Smile
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
60 days in the hole for me.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, LobowolfXXX wrote:

The central question of Better Call Saul is, "Will he lose the girl because he becomes Saul, or will he become Saul because he loses the girl?"

Someone elsewhere pointed out that we know little of Saul's home-life in Breaking Bad. For all we know, he and the girl were a couple then. Even after Breaking Bad, they may have remained a couple (in a difficult long distance sort of relationship).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
So did we all catch THIS cameo?

https://youtu.be/6NlMwYTF5To

The explanation is here, if you need it:

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/707......cene.htm
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, balducci wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2016, LobowolfXXX wrote:

Someone elsewhere pointed out that we know little of Saul's home-life in Breaking Bad. For all we know, he and the girl were a couple then. Even after Breaking Bad, they may have remained a couple (in a difficult long distance sort of relationship).

Perhaps, but I'd lay good money that before this thing (BCS) is over, there will be an irreparable rift between them. It's not just her (apparent) absence in Breaking Bad; there have already been signs in Better Call Saul that she's more of a straight arrow than he is, and her tolerance for his "Slippin' Jimmy" tactics is limited. Additionally, there's less Jimmy and more Saul when things aren't going well for him or he's under stress. It's no coincidence that he signed on for the "cake sitting" client immediately after Chuck showed up at the meeting and threw off his rhythm. I don't think he would have been feeling as "morally flexible" the day before.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes I think it ishould more that relationship that causes the turn than the girl.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
Yes I think it ishould more that relationship that causes the turn than the girl.

Sometimes your posts are almost as hard to decipher as Jonathans. Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes you are so clever with your spellchecker masquerading as wit. Lucky you never ever making a spelling mistake. Oh how I wish I could be you. What a hero you are.

The problem with your posts is they are clear and what you mean is clear and they still make no sense.

Of the two I would rather have my problem. At least the problem is in the device, not the operator.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Spellchecker? It's got nothing to do with spellchecker. I'm just saying I've got no idea what you're trying to say in that post. But I realize I shouldn't have brought it up, you being the sensitive kind of guy you are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Better call Saul. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL