The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Best marked deck ever? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I hope it is the best marked deck ever! I've been working on it for weeks!

This is definitely my most ambitious and painstaking project yet. Designing 54 individually marked cards with the same level of artistic quality you expect has been difficult to say the least.

Nevertheless, it is almost ready! A marked deck like none other! Beautiful and classical in design with a hidden marking that has fooled other magicians!! But, is also easy to remember since there are no patterns to memorize or complicated "clock faces". I hope to have this ready within the next week to ten days.

What do you think?
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
www.poesmagic.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Nice looking deck, would like to see an example of the back design.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
On the top image the back of the box features what the back design will essentially look like.
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This tendency of calling some new magic product "best ever" is a bit disconcerting. Why the need to call something "best ever" which is a very sweeping statement?

Yes this looks pretty. Yes it may be painstaking. Yes it may be something unique and unusual.

But to call this deck the best ever - please - no way Jose.

First this looks like an aged or 1800 style deck. Nice. But will performers like myself use this as an everyday deck that won't call attention to itself? Not likely. If this really were a best ever deck it would look like a regular set of Bikes or Phoenix maybe. Not this.

I'm just tired of this apparent need for desperate one upsmanship - someone else just released a new coin bend also self naming his best in the universe or best ever or best in history... Lol. Please. Stop.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2070 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
If I start working on a series of "not quite as good as something else already on the market" effects tomorrow, will people will come rushing to buy them? Smile

It's all about marketing and trying to build excitement (hype) to drive sales. It doesn't work on everyone, and clearly annoys some, but if it didn't work / wasn't worth it, nobody would do it.
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Um, "best ever" I thought was a clear jab and a bit of jest. Oh, well, there's always someone who has to nick pick. Been guilty of it myself on occasion. If oneupsmanship is not an essential aspect of being a magician, than I will eat my rabbit hat. It could be an over developed sense of cynicism. Well, that makes me feel sad. Trust me, I am not trying to get into a flame-war. I can take more criticism than most. In fact I posted this here, as such, for the purpose of inviting suggestions for improvement. I can understand as well that a Bicycle Deck may seem to invite less scrutiny, but that does not stop some of the most popular magicians in the world, ones that are constantly scrutinized under the magnifying glass of populist opinion, from using personalized, often flamboyant, custom cards. Bottom line - lighten up my friend. Smile
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10628 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm not the only one apparently who feels that this "best ever" addition to effects us becoming a bit tiresome.

Your deck may in fact be a big advance and something special. It's just the best ever moniker that is getting stale IMO.

Read this thread about the newest coin bend:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Baltimore
587 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Yes, I have seen that before. In context, the title of this thread was meant to say, "I want to make the best marked cards out there, please help". That's why it said:
"The best marked deck ever?" instead of
"The best marked deck ever!!"

I just didn't think I needed to spell it out.
VINCE WILSON

www.poesmagic.com
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2015, george1953 wrote:
Nice looking deck, would like to see an example of the back design.

Thaose are the backs. Quite the marking work eh?
magicwatcher2005
View Profile
Elite user
Washington state
446 Posts

Profile of magicwatcher2005
To me they look like someone spilled a pot of coffee into the printing press while they were being made. I have seen and handled many actual antique decks and have never seen them look as stained and ratty as the slew of "reproductions" that are being sold these days. Moreover, it's very easy for event the casual observer to notice that the "stains" are UNDER the finish.

The whole look makes no sense at all.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3910 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I think your deck looks awesome! Excellent work!

KJ
443magicman
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of 443magicman
Those look really good!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4110 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
FWIW, I took your "best ever" statement as light-hearted humor, and the idea that you were trying to use that to market your deck did not even enter my mind.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Why are the Jokers labeled as the Jack of Diamonds?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deck the Halls » » Best marked deck ever? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL