The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GONE By Daniel Bryan ALAKAZAM (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi David,

Personally I've never asked someone to think of one of the cards (and you certainly don't have to). My presentation is set as a demonstration of Sleight of hand, misdirection and magic with the cards ending up in my pocket.

There are a few different routines on the video for you to choose from

Best Regards

Peter
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
I absolutely LOVE this! It has so much going for it. Very visual magic that happens in the specs hands, well made, packs flat, fairly priced, etc. I remember how shocked I was of the audience's positive reaction to Color Monte. The response was surprising to me. Gone is a killer by comparison. I give it a perfect ten. Wouldn't leave home without it.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Gone by Daniel Bryan and Alakazam is a killer packet effect with an awesome ending revelation. The product description is as follows - After displaying five random cards from a pack, you visually cause one of them to vanish! You now place the remaining cards in to your spectators hands and explain that you are now going to do the impossible and cause the final 4 cards to vanish, after a moment of concentration you tell the spectator that all the cards are now gone, they are not impressed as they can feel them between their hands however when you turn the cards over all that is remaining on the faces are the letters G.O.N.E!!

You get a DVD case with a set of gimmicked cards. You do not receive a DVD, rather a link and password to a Murphy's page to view the tutorial.

The cards you receive are really well made and it comes with everything you need to perform the eff cut immediately. Only thing is that the King I received was slightly discoloured from a regular Bicycle pack, however that would never be noticed by a spectator. I'm just a perfectionist and very picky to detail. Not a problem to me at all. There is one aspect of the gimmick that may have to be replaced over time but it is something we all have and not an issue at all. The gimmicks are very clever and the routine is really easy to do. The reset is almost instant and can be done as you move to the next table, or even in front of them if you do it in a relaxed and casual manner when they aren't burning your hands, best in conversation.

The video tutorial is well produced. Peter Nardi begins the download with his take on the routine and teaches his routine, then it cuts to Daniel Bryan who teaches (really well) the routine and covers all the tips and nuances of Gone.

I know already that I will be using this routine. It is simple, easy to do and hits really hard. The few performances I have already done have had crazy reactions! I never have been a fan of packet tricks but this effect ticks all the boxes for me. I will be using this in my resteraunt set (I scored the job a few weeks back and I'm loving it). If you like the effect, you will love this and you will also use this! Great one Daniel!
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Danielbryanmagic
View Profile
New user
Cardiff UK
14 Posts

Profile of Danielbryanmagic
Thanks James ! Blown away by the great feedback here . Great reviews 👌 here is another review done by magicTao . There's a performance then the review hope you enjoy 😉👍
http://www.magictao.co.uk/TaoTV/Weekly-Magazine-EP-32
Danielbryanmagic
View Profile
New user
Cardiff UK
14 Posts

Profile of Danielbryanmagic
Another great review by Chris Ramsey on his shift review show . Check it out guys 😉😊👍
http://youtu.be/aPUS6FEMpBA
cfenger
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of cfenger
Daniel, how can I order another gimmicked card? Mine out of the box had minimal adhesion. Using DST over it is quite visible. Thanks.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Reviving this old thread because I recently revived this effect and had forgotten how good it is.
If you’re tired of performing Richard Sander's ACE or Gary Freed's NFW, then definitely give this little beauty of a packet trick a try.
Probably the best packet trick ever that doesn’t have a single false count, or maybe tied with Color Monte, but that’s pretty good company to be in.

Super easy to do but gets killer reactions. Read back over this thread and see what rave reviews it got. It’s relatively cheap for the quality you get too.

Now I know there are purists who refuse to use blank cards, letter cards, or anything not found in a standard deck of cards.
Well, here’s a little tip...you can use the supplied gimmick along with a gimmick most magicians already own, and rather than having it spell out GONE at the end, you can show the cards have changed into 4 of a kind.
BUT, before you do that try using the original first. There is something about the spectators seeing the letter cards combined with the premise of making all the cards vanish, that seems to about double the reactions you get. I can’t explain why. I just know it does.

So if you’re looking for something different and super fun to do, and costs under 20 bucks, consider GONE by Daniel Bryan.

Stick these cards inside that new magic wallet you just bought and make it part of your everyday carry.

Another nice thing about this is there are several ways to present it including some that are really quick. Handy for when you don’t have a lot of time but want to make a big impact.

Great job creating this Daniel!!!

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/10167
magikmax
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
113 Posts

Profile of magikmax
I'm on my third copy of this, agreed with Videoman, this is a great little packet trick
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The music wasn’t dramatic enough for me to secure an order.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Videoman, thanks for reviving this, I somehow missed this one first time around. I can see how this would play well with spectators, and as you said, a nice alternative to NFW and Ace.I immediately ordered.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 19, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
Videoman, thanks for reviving this, I somehow missed this one first time around. I can see how this would play well with spectators, and as you said, a nice alternative to NFW and Ace.I immediately ordered.

You’re very welcome. This one didn’t get the attention it deserved IMO.

So here’s an idea I’d thought I’d toss out there as food for thought.

You bring out a deck of cards and unbox them.
Give them a little mix and say you are going to start off small and work your way up to using the entire deck.
Remove a clump of a few cards from the middle of the deck and use those to perform Gone ending with the letter cards spelling GONE.
Now say you're ready to use the rest of the deck and turn the deck face up and fan or ribbon spread the cards revealing them all to have letters printed on them.

Even though this really isn’t magic I think it will catch specs off guard especially since you really did change the cards into letters in the Gone effect.

Now follow up by performing David Regal's Letter Perfect or your fav effect with an alphabet deck.

Letter Perfect: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14229

Also, when I do carry a regular deck of cards (which isn’t often) I like to put the cards for Gone on top of the deck and start off with that effect. It really drives home that you’re using genuine cards and not a gaff.
I keep the matching ungaffed cards separately in my pocket and use them for the reappearance, add them to the deck and am set to perform anything I want using a normal deck.

Maybe this will spark an idea in others more creative than I.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes, great BUMP on this effect!

-I like to open up a box of cards and slide out just a packet trick saying that every time I perform a trick, cards disappear.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GONE By Daniel Bryan ALAKAZAM (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL