The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I DID IT (again)! (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
It almost seems unfair that I get to have my dreams come true twice, but here it is! My second time being featured in Ripley's Believe It Or Not! Hurrah!!!

P.S. I know we all love to see products in The Latest and Greatest- so you can learn the same feat over here ( http://www.sendwonder.com/collections/all/products/scenic-52 ) via my eBook Scenic 52. Fun!

P.P.S Featured in Ripley's not once, but twice?! I still can't believe it!!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Well done but you could be more humble Smile
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
CONGRATULATIONS! Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
But now it should be three times "Magician Jamie Grant was featured in Ripley's Believe it or not TWICE!"
Oh wait, that would be three times, oh my!
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
Well done but you could be more humble Smile

Thanks, guys!! I'm so happy!

And, Raj, I could be a lot of things, lol. Interesting idea, though- I (personally) think humbleness is one of the worst qualities we pick up as adults. I actually believe that. When we're kids, we're so proud of our accomplishments, "Look at me, dad!" and then somewhere along the way we let ourselves be bullied into thinking that it's wrong to share our joy. That it's somehow uncool or unnecessary. Well, not me! I LOVE sharing joy. I love spreading it (hence why I'm a magician) and I love hearing about others' accomplishments just as much. It breaks my heart to think people don't share what's made them happy for fear of reprisal.

So let's make this an open call! Has something awesome happened to any of you? If so, share it here! I'd love to hear it and congratulate you!

Your pal,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
It is interesting.I live in Britain and it is not the thing to go around shouting about success or people will knock you off a perch. I wish I live in Canada like you, it sounds like fun. I will think about a accomplishment I made and post it here but hope my british friends don't see it.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I'm happy for you.. from a grumpy Brit Smile
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Congrats, Jamie. Personally, I think you should be in Ripleys EVERY TIME you do one of those crazy bottles...but that's just my opinion.

On Bragging Rights: Go for it. If there's something solid behind your pride, you become a beacon and guide. If nothing's there but empty air...you wear out your welcome fast.

The last best thing for me was attending a pretty valuable lecture last Friday from Penguin at Ran Pink's Sound Studio. Very nice.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Well done Jamie Smile I struggle to memorize a one way deck Smile
Yann SICAMOIS
View Profile
New user
Tourves, France
79 Posts

Profile of Yann SICAMOIS
So, what's the story behind this one? Because the first story was, and still is, brilliant.
Yann SICAMOIS
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Hey Jamie, is this available for the Android.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
It is interesting.I live in Britain and it is not the thing to go around shouting about success or people will knock you off a perch. I wish I live in Canada like you, it sounds like fun. I will think about a accomplishment I made and post it here but hope my british friends don't see it.

Maybe it's just your circle of friends as Peter Turner would absolutely disagree that it's a British thing. May you aquire the types of friends that would be over joyed as others about your accomplishments, big or small.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I think that Raj has never paid enough attention to Jamie's general behaviour and attitude, which is entirely delightful.

He is indeed, the kid in the sweet shop, and a jolly good thing too.

I was brought up to self denigrate in the true traditions of English privilege. It's really just another form of vanity.

Some people were dragged up, rather, and can be terribly rude on Internet forums. When somebody achieves this sort of thing, which is so utterly in keeping with their philosophy, why would anyone begrudge their joy?

Has Raj never been to a launch party? Or a first night party? Or similar?

It's okay to celebrate, Raj, even amongst the upper classes.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Oh, and well done Jamie, you're ace.

Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Mazel Tov Jamie
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Congratulations, Jamie. I am glad that I saw you performed it live.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:

Maybe it's just your circle of friends as Peter Turner would absolutely disagree that it's a British thing. May you aquire the types of friends that would be over joyed as others about your accomplishments, big or small.

No it's Britain in general. We are happy for people to achieve, we just don't like show offs with a 'look at me' attitude. 😄
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
Hey Jamie, is this available for the Android.

It says it's a PDF eBook - there are many PDF readers for Android, including one from Adobe.

P.S. Congrats Jamie!
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Congrats Jamie!!

....and BTW, I love my Impossible Bottle!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
And congratulations Jamie, well deserved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » I DID IT (again)! (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL