We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ET Q+A by Robert 'RedDevil' Cosley (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2443 Posts

Profile of NeilS
One of the best releases last year was 777 by Robert Cosley, or Red Devil as he is known on the Café. This book contained some well-known favourites but with twists and major rethinks. It won many plaudits and I for one delighted in the way it gave solid routines a new lease of life.

Robert has another release coming up and I have been lucky enough to read an early copy. It is a Q & A routine, ideally for performing at a dinner table, an informal setting or just among friends. As far as the actual method is concerned it does not offer anything new but what it does offer is a routine of impact and one that will resonate will all who see it. The routine actually encourages the involvement of those around and a chance to use their own intuition. I use something similar in a different routine and can really vouch for its effectiveness.

Robert provides a very helpful script so you can see how the effect can play and the possibilities that can arise. It is powerful stuff and, presented in an informal and conversational manner, is engaging and entertaining.

I am not sure when Robert is releasing this, but it is one to watch out for. And, with his innovative thinking, Robert Cosley too is a name to look out for. As he has proved, he has a wonderful knack in adding something a little bit special to mental effects and principles.

Neil
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3161 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I agree with Neils, I had the chance to follow the process of this routine and is very well constructed, you will love this guys!
Luca
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1627 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Agreed, he ran this pas me a short while ago and it's a fantastic idea!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Neil, Michael, and Luca...I am tickled to read these kind words. Thanks a million. I hope people will use this...
RedDevil's 5th Book of Close-Up Mentalism is here...
Pre-Order "FAUXLOGICAL" at www.reddevilmentalism.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1787 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Having purchased ET Q&A, here is my review, posted in Latest and Greatest:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#14
The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews:

The Elvis Peek:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&forum=218

Micro Billet Q&A:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=714071&forum=218

Instant Psychic Readings:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=712363&forum=218

Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=713486#0
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
To incentivize early adopters and people who are not familiar with my work, I am offering this at an introductory price of $20.00 via PayPal to reddevilmentalism@gmail.com through this Sunday, February 22. After Sunday, the price will increase to $30.00. Thanks, everyone...

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I think it is an excellent routine, and Robert's method of incorporating others is fantastic.

It is well thought out, well written, expanded where it needs to be, a recap of actions taken, and a summary. The manuscript is an excellent learning tool for the routine.

As for the routine, although it is described as a dinner table routine, it is not by any means limited to that to that. It will play as stated, at a dinner table, but will also play at a party, walk around, and on stage.

Tony Iacoviello
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Thanks for the kind words, Tony!

I appreciate all those who gave this a chance. Just fyi, the pre-release introductory price of $20.00 (via PayPal to reddevilmentalism@gmail.com) ends this evening at midnight (EST), and I will officially release the very austere ET website with the regular price of $30.00 tomorrow. Thanks again, everyone.

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Today is the official release of ET, and I want to thank everyone who helped with it and all those who took advantage of the pre-release offering.

Here is the website if anyone is interested...

http://ETQandA.blogspot.com

Introducing ET Q&A...

What if you could conduct a Question and Answer demonstration in a parlor or table setting, one in which a spectator writes down a secret question about her life circumstances…and then other members of the group besides the performer were able to provide an “accurate” reading based on that question (without them actually knowing the contents of the questions itself)?

In other words, what if members of the group could “really” divine elements of her question and contribute to the answer? And without stooges or DR…

Interested?

This is not only possible, but repeatable. ET Q&A takes a typical one-billet reading routine and turns it into an emotional group experience. With the performer as the catalyst, you give members of the table "the gift" of being able to cross the bridge of a spectator's mind and heart...

They will leave the performance not only astonished, but empowered...This is ET Q&A...

"Robert has put together a beautiful intimate Q&A routine. Everything is very well orchestrated, and with only a couple of billets you can literally have a little act in your pocket to perform at the table..." --Luca Volpe

http://ETQandA.blogspot.com

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I will surely use this routining idea and dynamic in my own work in the near future. I like RedDevil´s man... he is devilish.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of rasp
I have enjoyed all of the previous releases from RedDevil, so when I received an email from him with the introductory price for this new release, it was a no brainer...... When I hit the Paypal button I was at 37000ft above the Nevada dessert on my way back from Las Vegas...... god bless technology!!...... and spent an enjoyable couple of hours reading and mulling it over. I love this idea and the sheer simplicity of his thinking, and this is going to work so well with a certain wallet from Paralabs Smile

Regards,

Rasp.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2443 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks rasp for suggesting a certain wallet which I also very much like Smile. I can see this would work especially well with Robert's routine. Once you have the information (and there are indeed several ways it can be obtained) that is when the fun begins and this effect comes into its own.

Neil
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
738 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
I thought he mentioned the certain wallet in the book.

I wonder what differences there are doing this for people that know each other and complete strangers. It would seem to me that it would be more impressive if
you involved people that didn't know the person who wrote the question.

Woodfield
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Psy
Im also curious about the answer of Woodfield's question about performing it when they are all complete strangers
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Woodfield and Psy, I will answer this by saying that I developed this routine "for" people who were at least familiar with each other. As an example, Mauricio Jaramillo did a performance of this with a two girls who were good friends, and the effect/impact was a strong validation of connection in a relationship that felt very real and poignant. Plus, as Woodfield knows from reading the script, the premise of the routine is to ascertain and validate "latent" abilities that we all have, and the context of a table full of friends makes it even more interesting (they feed off each other). In fact, in my script example the two participating spectators are different. One knows the spectator well, and one doesn't. I did this on purpose to show that routine works well in both cases because it is based on classic principles of reading that work for strangers or friends. The ET system merely gives you a simple way to ensure that laymen are able to contribute in a way that is congruent with the premise that you set up. It's almost "real" in a weird way.

I am of the opinion that one is not better than the other, but the experience is contextually different considering whether spectators know each other or not. Hope that is clear as mud.

dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I gotta say I was sceptical but I was wrong.
This is a worker, if that's not ***ing it with faint praise.

It takes a classic effect and adds a couple of elements to make something new and fresh.

If you can stand that I'm pretty sure you'll love and use this.

I haven't bought any of reddevil's other work, but based on this I will.

Congrats Robert.

dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Dave, I gotta say that it was a treat and honor to see these kind words. Thank you, sir!

If anyone is interested in a little Easter deal...

Through Sunday, anyone who purchases either ET Q&A or 777 from me personally this weekend will receive a free copy of my Domesday Birthday Revelation routine "The First Time Ever..." (usually sells for $10.00). If you are unfamiliar with "The First Time...", you can read info here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

You can purchase these on the websites listed on my signature below, and I will attach your free copy of "The First Time Ever..." in your PDF delivery.

RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1213 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
I was just honored to receive some kind words from a recent buyer of ET, and he told me I could share it:

"After 20+ performances of ET, this is now one of my most favorite routines that I do! It's powerful, intimate and I love routines where the performer is not 100% the center of attention. People really enjoy being apart of something rather than just witnessing it. Reactions aside, my favorite thing about this routine is how it keeps me on my toes because I never know what someone is going to say and I sometimes have to quickly tidy things up. However, I find that, more often than not, this tidying up process doesn't happen much. Particularly with a group that is really getting into the performance piece and is taking it seriously. This routine is great! I love it! This is one of the most refreshing mentalism pieces I've read in a long time. It's not often these days that I get excited after reading something new, but ET had me smiling ear to ear as I read through it."
--Rob Domenech, Author of "The Eureka Moment", "Tips & Tricks" and "Effort Effect"

Thanks, Rob. This made my day.

sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
In full disclosure, I received a review copy several months ago. I just finished reading the final draft.

In summary, it's a no brainer purchase. It's a beautiful piece of mentalism and a great way for those looking to dip their toes into close up q&a to dive in. In fact, even if you already do close up q&a you'll like this creative approach.

I love Bob Cassidy's thinking and work. I love Luke Jermay's thinking and work, and same goes for Michael Weber. This piece I consider to be in that camp.

Excellent job Robert!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I don't own this one, but judging by a reading (a quick reading for now, I admit!) of some of his previous work, I imagine this Q&A being as good and workable as many other which preceded it, if not even fresher.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » ET Q+A by Robert 'RedDevil' Cosley (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL