The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Yo-Yo by David Levitan (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Mark Mason News Letter

Are you coming to the Blackpool Magic Convention

Be sure to come over and see Gypsy Yo-Yo

We are now ready to unveil the incredible Gypsy Yo-Yo. The classic Gypsy Thread effect built into an everyday object. Close up, Stand up, Kids shows, emcee's, this prop fits into any situation.

This one gets my highest recommendation.

Please note: Gypsy Yo-Yo is not yet on our websites. The official release will be later this year.

This was a complete sellout last week at the Columbus Magi-fest USA. It was the HIT of the convention

WWW.JBTV.CO.UK

Bob Sheets - "How much fun is this. Anyone can start doing Gypsy YO-YO right away. It doesn't look like a prop. Extremely visual restoration. Nothing to hide. Quick reset. Everyone gets it. This is a really good. Really good. Really".

Danny Orleans - Great idea! Practical! Adding the kid-friendly YO-YO to the Gypsy Thread now grounds the routine with an everyday object that kids - strike that - everybody -- can relate to!

Rich Marotta - "Gypsy YO-YO brings meaning, relevance and excitement to a classic effect".

Justin Miller - This is the BEST Gypsy Thread plot EVER.

David Kaye aka Silly Billy - This is going straight into my show. I can get the Impact of gypsy thread with a prop that kids are totally familiar with. I have been a big fan of David levitan's magic for many years. We are lucky to get a glimpse of his solid magic thinking.

Robert baxt - "Dave Levitan's YoYo Gypsy thread is my new favorite trick! It's makes the trick more visible AND more logical. Like a yo-yo, life has it's ups and down but my shows will be going up with this routine!"

Seth Kramer - "David Levitan has taken the iconic Gypsy Thread Trick, put a new spin on it and makes it accessible for audiences of all ages."

Magic Al Garber - Dave Levitan's YoYo trick is a real winner! The moves can be learned quickly and easily and re-set is a snap. I highly recommend this trick and I know it will become a staple in your magical arsenal! It has become a GO (YO) TO TRICK FOR ME!!!

David Levitan has taken the classic Gypsy Thread plot and made it super cool. David is a much sort after professional magician.

It's very rare to be able to add to your repertoire a 100% audience tested piece of magic. After hundreds of performances, tweaking and re-tweaking every last detail of the Gypsy Yo-Yo, you can rest assured every wrinkle has be ironed out.

Bring from you pocket a real Imperial Yo-Yo. After showing the Yo-Yo go up and down several times, you explain to your audience that, as a kid, the string was always far too long and the Yo-Yo would always hit the ground. Trying to adjust the length, you proceed to snap the string, breaking off a small piece. This is repeated several times until all that is left dangling from the Yo-Yo are a few inches of string.

The pieces are rolled together into a ball and added to the small, dangling Yo-Yo string. Without any cover etc., the very end of the string is slowly pulled, the ball unravels and the Yo-Yo string is once again fully restored. The string is wound back around the Yo-Yo. You finish by showing the Yo-Yo freely spinning up and down and back to its original state.

The gimmick is custom-built, inside a real Yo-Yo. We love the method and handling. This effect is perfect for so many different types of show. It is destined to become a classic for many years.

Perfect for stand up, strolling, kids' shows, emcees, trade shows. This prop fits into any performer's pocket and is always ready to go.

Custom-built.

Resets in less than 30 seconds.

Visually stunning.

DVD Features:

Introduction

Performance

Explanation

Props

Set up

Optional Opening

Optional Handling

Beautiful prop. Price £30.00

Graham.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
Can stunts be done with this like walknig the dog and around the world ???
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Is this just a different face on the "String Theory by Vince Mendoza"? Is it the same method, with an Yo-Yo attached to the string? If this is any good, I can put my "Duncan Yo-Yo" skills to work. I like "around the world", and "rock the cradle".
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Is this just a different face on the "String Theory by Vince Mendoza"? Is it the same method, with an Yo-Yo attached to the string? If this is any good, I can put my "Duncan Yo-Yo" skills to work. I like "around the world", and "rock the cradle".

That would be my guess/first thought since the string on a yo-yo is the same.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Nothing similar to String Theory. This is a straight out version of Gypsy Thread, very similar to Gypsy Balloon by Tony Clark. While it is possible to do a couple of tricks with the Yo-Yo before the routine, anything like Walking the Dog or such would be better to do after the restoration.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sounds like this trick has its ups & downs. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Raj Suman
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Raj Suman
We are being stringing along here
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1788 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
So its a thread, about a thread...
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't see a trailer anywhere.
KJ
tenyo4life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of tenyo4life
Trailer comes in april
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, tenyo4life wrote:
Trailer comes in april

Seems like a long way in the future, but thanks for the info.
KJ
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I saw Mark Mason demonstrate this at Magi-Fest in Columbus OH. Absolutely amazing and definitely recommended. Michael Dustman's post above is very accurate. I'm not a yo-yo guy, but you can definitely show that it is a working toy, then proceed to break and restore the string as in Gypsy Balloon or any other gypsy effect.
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Oops. I just posted a topic to the Little Darlings thread about this. I was lucky enough to get an early one of these. I promise you this is a worker. Yo yo before, break the string 3 or 4 times, restore, and yo yo again! Just set up a few thread gimmicks before the day's shows and you're good to go! The ad says it's perfect for strolling, too. Eh. Probably not. Not unless you want to go to your case after each performance and reset with new thread. But for a stand up show show? Yes yes. And I'm already thinking about how to get a volunteer involved.

Once this comes out, it will sell Smile I probably won't perform with it for a few weeks. It will take some mirror practice!
smiththemagician
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of smiththemagician
Hi any idea when this effect will be available from magic dealers ?
jsilk7
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of jsilk7
When I saw it I could not believe it. I really think this trick is a winner.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
260 Posts

Profile of trickychris
I didn't get to see this as it sold out at Blackpool pretty quick. Is there a trailer knocking around?
tenyo4life
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of tenyo4life
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Looks good. Anyone has it yet? Does it come with refills of the proper string that you can break with your hand?
I'm worried about the re-set. The ad above said 30 seconds. Anyone have experience resetting this, and is 30 seconds about right?
thanks.

ACE
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
From what I have heard is that it comes fully set up for one performance and it comes with re-fill for about 5-7 more performances as well as information where to purchase the same type of string/yarn from. Also, I have heard that the re-set takes about 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. I just ordered it today. IT does look very good.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Reset is about 30-45 seconds. you can buy enough string for under $5 to last you over a hundred performances.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Yo-Yo by David Levitan (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL