The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Joe Burrus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HeyThere
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of HeyThere
Hi everyone,

first of all, I've got nothing to do with magic. I hope this topic doesn't offend anyone, but I recently came across a video I can't stop thinking about, so I'm hoping for some insight/information on the forum here.

A friend of mine showed me this horrible video of the Joe Burrus Buried Alive Stunt from 1990, the one which killed him. I've been sort of obsessed about the whole thing since then, because I simple can't understand what was going on inside the mind of that man and how the trick was supposed to work out with him getting out alive. So it would be very nice if some of you experts on these kind of subjects could give me some insight into this. Please understand that I'm not morbid or anything, I just find this interesting and very scary and hope to get some answers.

From what I understand (again, I don't know anything about escapology and magic and stuff), this was not an illusion right? So Burrus was supposed to burrow up through all that dirt and cement? Is that even possible at all? (I suppose not?) How was he even supposed to open the lid of his coffin with those 7 tons pressing against it? Looks and sounds totally impossible to me. From what I hear, he succeeded in a similar stunt a year before (wooden coffin and only dirt), but I heard that he barely escaped then and nearly didn't get out alive. Does someone have some information on this? I can't help thinking that this was a deliberate act of suicide, or that Burrus was really totally out of touch with reality?

Again, I hope this doesn't offend anyone.

Thanks for reading this in advance!
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Darwin Awards exist for a reason.

Google is your friend.

Please, do not seek answers here!
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree with Kabbalah. Please, do not seek answers here!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Yeah here is the wrong forum but I see nothing wrong with asking a question of this community that might have insight others wouldn't have.
Try Not Very Magical, still...
HeyThere
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of HeyThere
Thanks everyone,

I'll try as suggested!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Joe Burrus (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL