The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incarnation by Marc Oberon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
In my opinion, the thing people are missing is the fact that one of Marc's presentations allows the participant to THINK of a card, and that their card is in your hand before it is named - with no forces whatsoever. I've seen him do this many times and the reaction is always great.

The gimmick is also something new and clever and could be used in a lot of different ways.

Best,

Atlas
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Most dealers have this now. Murphy's has a pic of everything you get in the package:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=55148

Im curious how he justifies bringing out the notepad with the image of all the cards- its very unlikely you will find a spectator who isn't familiar with playing cards and would need a visual aid to pick one.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
TuneHV: The justiafacation could be as simple as I don't want you to pick a card from memory in order for this to work you need to focus on the image of the chosen card! Have you selected a suite (hearts} good now is it a picture card or a number card. Good you've chosen 8 of hearts now I need you to focus on the image of that card. Remember the card will just suddenly incanate on an empty clip in an instant. Since that will be something they have never seen before and the fact that they could choose any card and the card that has suddenly appeared is the chosen card is justifing the notepad even necessary. Will they question the method or the miracle?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I'm probably just thinking like a magician and not a spectator, it just seems odd to me
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
With the Incarnate method it makes it possible for any magician to pull of this effect. Of course their are other ways of performing the same effect but Marc has chosen to use the notepad. The presentation can easily justify the magicians prop. I don't own this yet but I do like the effect and IMO I think its a very cleaver combination of known magic principles that result in an astonishing magical moment.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Has anybody gotten this and played around with it yet?
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Any updates? Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I think Jan characterized this release accurately. I'd add that the effect and method seem to owe a debt to Dean Dill's "Revelation," although I am merely speculating.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
That what I was thinking it looks like a close up version of Revelation.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I've seen both and I don't see the connection. It is true that you can perform both as a sort of open prediction, but the workings are very different - and Incarnation allows you to do so much more, including a thought of card. There is a very visual element to it (if you choose to perform it this way) where the card actually materializes in front of them.

I got this from Marc at Blackpool and really like it. The gimmick can be repurposed for mentalism as well, and I'm playing with a drawing duplication that has been on display since before the drawing was done - you can combine the principle here with something from Looch's 'Your Thoughts are Mine' DVD and have a very impressive piece of mentalism.

I'm sure you'll see more reviews roll in as these actually hit the market, but overall, I've been impressed with it.

Best,

Atlas
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I am very intereated in this indeed and I do not usually like to spend as much as this on one thing,but if this looks anything like it does on the vidio and as clean as it is, I am in ,anyone have this and is there any DIY? ,and will I beable to source the materials if extra is needed ?in the UK and not exspensive? I ask because this for me is going over my budget as I have plans on other purchases and I am so fed up with cold turkey's so I have till Saturday to be convinced,so any reveiws please?all the best.
Shane
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Hi Shane,

There is no DIY. It comes ready to go. You can customize it if you like, but out of the box you can do what Marc demonstrates.

Bset,

Atlas
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2015, MagicAtlas wrote:
Hi Shane,

There is no DIY. It comes ready to go. You can customize it if you like, but out of the box you can do what Marc demonstrates.

Bset,

Atlas

Atlas, thank you very much for your very quick reply, I have to invest,all the best and again many thank's,roll on the weekend to pick this.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I got this yesterday and agree with Atlas' assessment. While I have not had it long I do question whether or not the one part of the gimmick will last. I was impressed with how Marc created the cards for the reveal which makes the routines using the card reveals easy. The overall handling may take a little practice but nothing that's knuckle busting.

On the DVD Marc goes over a lot of ideas and routines. But those who are more advanced and creative will be able to come up with a lot of different ways to incorporate the use of the gimmick(s). I would also say the use of the notepad supplied can be used for different routines you may come up with. Hard to really get into this without tipping the methods.

I love the idea and props but question the durability with extensive use.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
I just got this and watched the DVD. The ideas and thinking are fantastic. I have not played with the props yet, but I will assume they are high quality as his other products (I have Bang-On and Way Out 12 and Mental Epic). I really am surprised Oberon did not give a shout out to Dean Dill because there are very similar ideas (notepad use of the "draw your thought of card" as misdirection). Even the name (Incarnation) speaks to the same spiritual/religious element as Dean's creation (Revelation). This similarity seems an incredible coincidence.

That being said, Oberon has made significant additions to the basic elements of Dill's Revelation and turned a single effect into a series of effects that turn this into a strolling showpiece. Revelation is limited to unique situations in which it would be appropriate to have a binder in play, but Incarnation is a strolling masterpiece. At the end of the DVD he announces how he uses ALLS THREE effects for a single group. Three spectators THINK of cards and they are all revealed (in different ways) AND one spectators zodiac sign is predicted. SUPER powerful...variety, impossibility, and a visual element (one thought of card just materializes!).

I am excited about trying this out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I do feel that the cards supplied are on the cheap side. They look as if they were removed from a perforated sheet that was thin and dull. With some of the cards you have to be careful when displaying the thought of card as the construction of some of the cards are not precise and things may be seen by your audience.

All that said I still like the concept and ideas and will use it and see how it goes.

I guess for $99 I expected a little better quality and construction of the cards and notebook. But as I stated before I will give it a chance as I really like the concept and handling using these props. Something inside me says this will be a winner and I hope I'm right.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, kenodad wrote:
Even the name (Incarnation) speaks to the same spiritual/religious element as Dean's creation (Revelation). This similarity seems an incredible coincidence.

It is indeed pure coincidence. I suggested the name to Marc when we chatted over the phone a few months ago - it was all based on the ability to make a thought incarnate. That's why the box says 'Incarnation - The ability to manifest thought'.

Best,

Atlas
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
"It is indeed pure coincidence. I suggested the name to Marc when we chatted over the phone a few months ago - it was all based on the ability to make a thought incarnate. That's why the box says 'Incarnation - The ability to manifest thought'."

Interesting. From an idea perspective, as an observer and owner of the three products involved, however it happened, Incarnation appears an evolved combination of Revelation and Way Out 12. I am not casting aspersions anywhere. I have the highest regard for Oberon. Certainly, Dean Dill had no copyright on the idea of a index; he just cleverly planted in in a notebook, which is what Oberon has done. Of course, also adding several elements into something wonderful.

As I said earlier, I am very pleased with Incarnation and recommend it highly.
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, kenodad wrote:
Dean Dill had no copyright on the idea of a index; he just cleverly planted in in a notebook, which is what Oberon has done. Of course, also adding several elements into something wonderful.

As I said earlier, I am very pleased with Incarnation and recommend it highly.

I've no doubt that you weren't casting aspersions - it was clear you liked the effect, and admired Marc's work. But as I knew the origin of the name, I was happy to clarify. On another note, Looch's use of an index in a notebook predates 'Revelation', and Marc and Looch are also friends.

Best,

Atlas
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1581 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Incarnation is excellent. A real professional routine with very strong magical moments. Just watch the video to see.
I've seen Marc perform this in a room full of knowledgable magicians and they were all entertained and blown away with the great effect this has. This is a stunning piece of magic. It's well thought out, very well made and its a very versatile set which you receive.

I had to buy this and I was very happy with the package contents. I got a lot more than I expected and just had to post my thoughts.

Ten out of Ten!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Incarnation by Marc Oberon (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL