The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help Add Tomorrows for a chance to win (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Hi All,

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I still check in here often. My wife and I opened a small restaurant a few months ago so magic along with everything else has kind of taken a back burner.

Godzilla and JAlenS, I know it's been awhile but I haven't forgotten our discussions. Hopefully you haven't given up on me. I'd still like to get it organized if I can find the time. Let me know if you remember what I'm talking about and are still interested.

Anyway, the reason I'm here today. My wife is participating in a Great Strides Fundraising walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to help add tomorrows for those living with CF. Her 11 year old nephew Charlie has CF so this means a great deal to her personally. If any of you can find it in your hearts and wallets to make a donation it would be sincerely appreciated.

Why am I posting this in spooky? This is the area I have "met" the most people. It really is the best group on the Café. I've seen the generosity of the spooky group a few times in the years I've been here. PLUS, there's an incentive to donate other than just helping a great cause. Anyone who makes a donation of $3 or more will be entered in a drawing to win a paperback copy of Anthony Black's book "Resurrection Dreams" ($37 at Lulu). In case some of you recall, there's an agreement not to resell or share R.D. when purchasing. I checked with Anthony and he gave his full blessing for me to use this as a drawing prize for this fundraiser. Thank you again, Anthony.

For those who already own R.D., I will offer another prize.

For those who may not know about Anthony's book, you can read about it here: http://thewrongsideofmidnight.yolasite.c......eams.php There are links at the end of the page to reviews here on the Café. It is a great book and I would not get rid of it but I have an extra copy.

To make a donation, please visit my wife Mary's CF Great Strides fundraising page here: http://fightcf.cff.org/site/TR?px=225638......Id=20194

Click on the "Donate to Me" button under Fundraising Progress. They take credit cards and Paypal. You can donate publicly or anonymously. Just send me a PM here at the Café with either the 'Display Name' you use or the name you send in the 'Personal email message to participant' so I can enter you in the drawing. Her walk is May 2nd, but so you all aren't waiting that long for a winner I will hold the drawing on March 7.

Thanks for your time,
George
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
George, PM me with a Paypal addy for you!
When you try to use paypal on link, it is asking credit card info ???
No need to enter me in contest ...

And, Understood ... Life, gets in the way!

Con-Grats on Restaurant.

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Gary. It is kind of confusing, I'm not sure why it's set up like it is. I went and made a small donation to check it out.

If using Paypal, just enter your name, address and email in the Billing section, it doesn't show up publicly and won't require credit card info. Then click the Paypal button, then the Next button will take you to Paypal.

Thanks, only four and a half months in but the restaurant is doing good so far.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
DUH !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
Great idea for a great cause!
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thanks Gary and Brynmore for starting things off with your donations, it is very much appreciated. Thanks for the encouragement Dark Cabaret.

Here's more incentive to donate to a good cause. Brynmore14 sent me a pm and has generously offered a copy of his new effect "D0wn the H@tch" for the winner and runner up of the drawing. So now there's two chances to win. First name drawn will get "Resurrection Dreams" and "D0wn the H@tch" and the second name drawn will get a copy of "D0wn the H@tch". Thanks again Brynmore.

Check out D0wn the H@tch here:
http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-......tch.html
and here:
http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......&start=0
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Just a couple weeks left until the drawing. Any donation will be greatly appreciated.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3255 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
You got my donation. Glad to help. Would love to have Resurrection Dreams. I have DTH so if I win that please redraw and give to someone who hasn't got it. Hope the $500 and more is raised.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Just a week and a half left before the drawing, and weepinwil has kindly offered to add an autographed copy of his first book "Weepin' Willie" to the prize drawing, or if the winner already has it, Vol. 2. http://www.amazon.com/Weepin-Willie-Rich......05638404

So we now have for the first winner: Resurrection Dreams, Down the Hatch, and Weepin' Willie. And for the runner up, a copy of Down the Hatch.

Thanks weepinwil, very much appreciated. My wife and I have been really moved by everyone's generosity. Her first goal was $200 and she's already exceeded her second goal of $500. We are actually nearing the $700 mark from the first couple weeks between what you all have donated, what we have collected at our restaurant and from some of the businesses in our small town.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Con-Grats on going beyond goals, George & Mary ! Smile
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thanks Gary. We are now over $800. We'll also be holding a rummage sale at our restaurant this coming Sunday when we are closed and donating the proceeds from that.

In order to give more people a chance to get in on the drawing I've decided to extend the deadline and hold the drawing on March 14th. The page will still be up until the walk if you wish to donate later, but if you donate by March 14th you will be included in the drawing.

Once again, thanks to the kindness and generosity of Anthony Black, Brynmore, and weepinwil we have for the first winner: a copy of Resurrection Dreams, Down the Hatch, and Weepin' Willie. And for the runner up, a copy of Down the Hatch.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Donated. . .a great cause. Glad to help!!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thank you very much Jorey!

We have raised a little over a thousand dollars so far to donate thanks to everyone's generosity. My wife is ecstatic, when she decided to do this she wasn't even sure she would make her original goal of $200.

And Gary, our nephew Charlie thought it was awesome when he saw that GODZILLA donated! Smile
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
That's fantastic. Well done team.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Great News !

George, tell Charlie, 'Godzilla' says Hello ! Smile
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Thanks to all who have donated so far. Last day to get in on the drawing. Anyone donating by the end of today will have their name entered to win one of the prizes mentioned above.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

And the winners are... everyone!

So here's how this worked out.

Weepinwil was drawn first, so he will receive Resurrection Dreams and a copy of Down the H@tch. He obviously has his own book, so we'll pass that on to 2nd place.

Brynmore14 was drawn second, he obviously has Down the H@tch so he will get a copy of Weepin' Willie.

That leaves a copy of Down the H@tch for Jorey since Gary opted out of the drawing.

Gary, thanks again. I know you opted out but since you were the only other donation from here, if you would like to pm me your address I'll send you a little something.

I think I've got all the PMs sent notifying everyone. Thank you guys again for your generosity.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
George, if I may request ? (instead, of sending me something)
You, have your new restaurant. Would you at some point, offer a Pretty Lady a free dessert (pie,cake,something) and give it to her telling her it is from, Godzilla ?
No, need to explain why!
It will give you a story and she will have a story too !

That's the way I Roll ... LOL

Thanks again, for your kind offer !

Gary

PS: If OK with Mary ! Smile
And, make sure she is really,really pretty ... I'm Shallow ! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Help Add Tomorrows for a chance to win (11 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL