The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » So....who is coming to Blackpool? (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I'll be there after a break of three years.
Like Daniel said, it is what you make it.

Steve
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I'll be there, as usual. Blackpool IS a strange place but the saving grace is there are some excellent restaurants. See you all there.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
So a few of you yanks won't be coming over for the biggest magic convention in the world?
Your loss. Our gain.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, IAIN wrote:
Usually, whenever derek lever's name is invoked, carl de rome appears....

Is one the other's foil?

it can certainly heat up..
I've asked to be banned
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
I'm fencing in my land; so far there are
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is one the other's foil?

Very good, very good indeed.

The Carl de Rme and Derek Lever story is definitely one that is worth reading. Having seen these issues in the flesh so to speak, It never failed to amaze me how so much was got away with by so few for so long. There are some that say it doesn't affect them; perhaps they should read Pastor Martin Niemoller!
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, Rolyan wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
I will be there and sell my new crytel clear card to box in the bar area for private sell only

.......and then Derek Lever will catch you and you will be permanently banned!

i too clever to get caught

That's what they all say. Good luck.
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Rolyan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Is one the other's foil?

Very good, very good indeed.

The Carl de Rme and Derek Lever story is definitely one that is worth a read. Having seen these issues in the flesh so to speak, it never failed to amaze me how so much was got away with by so few for so long. There are some that say it doesn't affect them; perhaps they should read Pastor Martin Niemoller!
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I will be at the Blackpool Convention.

I go every single year, without fail, and I have the time of my life. I get to meet and have fun with hundreds of friends, both old and new, and to have four or five days of blissfully happy enjoyment with some of the most interesting, fun and talented people I know. I don't really care who's performing or lecturing - I know the line-up will feature a large number of the greatest magic and variety acts in the world. I also know it will be very well organised, very well run by an experienced and helpful team who know what they're doing, and that everything will run (more or less) on time. However, no matter how much I love the scheduled events, I go mainly for the social side, and for the privilege of seeing my wonderful friends again. I wouldn't miss it for anything.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Wenzelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Wenzelo
What are the highlights of this show?
chuds
View Profile
Loyal user
U.K
221 Posts

Profile of chuds
Fully agree with you Ian, I have been for many years and wouldn't miss it. It's a great place to be surrounded by fellow magicians .
Chuds
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
I'm 20mins car journey so I go every year and it's one of the social highlights of my calendar.

See you there peeps!
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Just as an update to this, Blackpool was great, I really enjoyed it and got a chance to meet up with some great friends, amazing performers, creators I really respect and Kennedy.

Srsly it was the best weekend I've had in quite a long time.

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Had a really great Blackpool, met some old friends, made some new friends, got to meet many people from here for the first time. Saw some great effects including some incredible ACAAN including one from Atlas and an amazing one from Jim Critchlow. Highlight for me was Marc Spellman calling my coin bend the cleanest he has ever seen (I'm sure he forgot Osterlind's penny bend but hey I'll take it). Stayed up way too late and drank way too much. Spent more money on beer than magic, not sure what that says about me but it says something lol. Oh another highlight was the Saturday night sing along with Pete and a few other guys.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Atlas was the true gent as always (and shared a post-it note idea that offers THE BEST DD p**k yet) with NO PROPS. Just a pad and pen Smile

Peter T rocked, Master Murray was helpful and bearded, met a guy with unusual hands but WOW!! Anthem Flint was magnetic, and finally Luke Jermay was MIND BLOWING!!!!! I mean seriously MIND BLOWING!!!!!

See you next year
Chris

Smile
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2015, bond19 wrote:
Atlas was the true gent as always (and shared a post-it note idea that offers THE BEST DD p**k yet) with NO PROPS. Just a pad and pen Smile

It was great to see you again Chris! To be clear, that DD is SeaMagu's and has been snatched up by Penguin. It is so straightforward that it is now my method of choice over all others.

Best,

Atlas
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Talking of the ACAAN from Atlas, it was so stupidly clean that I was actually speechless and anyone that knows me in person knows that shutting me up is an absolutely incredible achievement. Eventually I was able to figure out the only possible way it could be achieved and the method was even more impressive than the effect.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2015, MagicAtlas wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2015, bond19 wrote:

It was great to see you again Chris! To be clear, that DD is SeaMagu's and has been snatched up by Penguin. It is so straightforward that it is now my method of choice over all others.

Best,

Atlas

Hey Bond,

Glad you enjoyed the drawing dupe.

Atlas does a great job demonstrating it ;-)

Best,

Séa
I love post its Smile
Rolyan
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Rolyan
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2015, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Talking of the ACAAN from Atlas, it was so stupidly clean that I was actually speechless and anyone that knows me in person knows that shutting me up is an absolutely incredible achievement. Eventually I was able to figure out the only possible way it could be achieved and the method was even more impressive than the effect.

Mark

Is it a published one, soon to be published one or never to be published one.
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
182 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
Here is a free Blackpool Magic Convention themed podcast for you guys to listen to on the journey to the event with the convention organiser Derek Lever:

Podbean: http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-......286?mt=2

Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-magicians-podcast

Don't forget there are also 50 other episodes available on the feed for you right now to enjoy.

Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,

Richard Young

Creator & Host of The Magician's Podcast

Sponsored by
The Magic Circle
Giggio
Alakazam Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » So....who is coming to Blackpool? (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL