The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The "well regulated militia" again. (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Another member of America's well regulated militia has ended the lives of three young college students (perhaps) because of a parking space dispute.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/susp......-AA9jhSw
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
And, this has what, exactly, to do with the 2nd amendment?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
From the article:

Quote:
He also describes himself as a Second Amendment rights advocate and was licensed to carry a concealed firearm. He posted an image of his loaded revolver three weeks before the shooting.

He also regularly wore his gun on his hip when warning neighbors not to park in certain spaces. Apparently, he believed that the Second Amendment rights he advocated also permitted intimidating people, and, failing that, shooting them.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Again, what does this one “gun-toting liberal” nut have to do with the 2nd amendment?
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The second amendment has nothing to do with breaking the law.

But oh well it advanced an anti gun message so go ahead and use it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
If we see that members of the well regulated militia are frequently breaking the law with the result being the death of innocent men, women and children, how well is the militia being regulated?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
If you want to regulate something, try spending a little more time and effort on the 99.9% of other murderers in the population that result in the death of innocent men, women and children. It's always good to focus your efforts on where you'll get the most bang for your buck.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well do we use that logic with criminals regularly getting away with murder and such on a technicality only to kill and rape again? No. You only have an anti gun agenda to push randwill.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, Randwill wrote:
If we see that members of the well regulated militia are frequently breaking the law with the result being the death of innocent men, women and children, how well is the militia being regulated?

I suggest you search for the meaning of *well regulated* at the time of the establishment of the Constitution.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Why not, as everyone does with these stories, read them, pull them part, discuss them, makes claims and counter claims, pound your cheats and remember that some old slave owners gave you rights and all men are equal.

TO KILL people,
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I faced this psycho down not too long ago. He used
to date a neighbor when I was stationed in Arizona.
He claimed an honorable service in The Marine Corps,
until I called him out on it.

He had been pretending to work for The Border Patrol
when I first met him.

I kept asking the media to check his military record
to no avail. I wasn't surprised to see that he took
a few lives before taking his own.

I kept a very watchful eye on him on behalf of
The Dept of Justice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._T._Ready

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:

I suggest you search for the meaning of *well regulated* at the time of the establishment of the Constitution.

Do you see any value in updating the language to make it more applicable to present day?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Do you see any value in updating the 4th or 1st or 6th amendments?

You open the door to ALL of them being mangled beyond recognition. Personally I think it is a terrible idea.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
Quote:

Do you see any value in updating the language to make it more applicable to present day?

No.
~Cliff Green

~ John Northern Hilliard
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20244 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Neither do I.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
Quote:

I can show you a lot of situations in the last year where police officers abused their power and it resulted in the death of innocent men, women and children. The way you think, we should disarm the police.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Has Slim seen this?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15936 Posts

Profile of tommy
If only the three young college students had been armed. The fact that they was not is a powerful comment on the moral degeneracy of America.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Why should this murderer receive a stiffer sentence than if he'd slaughtered my daughter? If he killed my daughter because she had blond hair, he'd get a lighter sentence than if she believed in Sharia Law....
All Murder is a HATE CRIME!!!!
This Hate crime is BS .... Murder is murder!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Why should this murderer receive a stiffer sentence than if he'd slaughtered my daughter? If he killed my daughter because she had blond hair, he'd get a lighter sentence than if she believed in Sharia Law....
All Murder is a HATE CRIME!!!!
This Hate crime is BS .... Murder is murder!!!!!

Slim, do you think he should be sentenced to death??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The "well regulated militia" again. (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL