The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The "well regulated militia" again. (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17522 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Why should this murderer receive a stiffer sentence than if he'd slaughtered my daughter? If he killed my daughter because she had blond hair, he'd get a lighter sentence than if she believed in Sharia Law....
All Murder is a HATE CRIME!!!!
This Hate crime is BS .... Murder is murder!!!!!

Slim, do you think he should be sentenced to death??

He deserves a fair trial.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Not surprised that Slim thinks hate crimes are BS since he is probably not at all familiar with hate crime laws.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
Quote:
Why should this murderer receive a stiffer sentence than if he'd slaughtered my daughter? If he killed my daughter because she had blond hair, he'd get a lighter sentence than if she believed in Sharia Law....
All Murder is a HATE CRIME!!!!
This Hate crime is BS .... Murder is murder!!!!!

Slim, do you think he should be sentenced to death??

He deserves a fair trial.

But then kill him ???? lynching comes to mind...
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

For Slim's education in the law:

Murder, by itself, is a STATE crime and is prosecuted by the state in which the crime occurred. The hate crime law under discussion here is FEDERAL and gives the US government the power to prosecute it separately.

Read the law for yourself:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/249
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
For Slim's education in the law:

Murder, by itself, is a STATE crime and is prosecuted by the state in which the crime occurred. The hate crime law under discussion here is FEDERAL and gives the US government the power to prosecute it separately.

Read the law for yourself:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/249

and then you can kill em!!!!!!!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

No. A conviction under the federal law, which you, too, obviously haven't read, carries a maximum penalty of life in prison.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
That’s good because federal sanctioned death would be a murder by another name and justification.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

No. It wouldn't be murder. Murder is a legal term. By definition it means the UNLAWFUL killing of a human being. The death penalty is legal in many US states. (I'm as opposed to the death penalty as you apparently are. But it's not murder.)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
Do you see any value in updating the 4th or 1st or 6th amendments?

You open the door to ALL of them being mangled beyond recognition. Personally I think it is a terrible idea.

Well, no. We certainly could update the 2nd Amendment without opening up a door to changing all the Amendments.

I would see great value in changing the 2nd Amendment, but I would say two things: 1., it ain't ever gonna happen, no way, no how, uh uh; 2., I wouldn't trust anyone who disagreed with my position to draft the changes. Since I figure that some nearly 300 million Americans (not sure how many adults there are in the USA) would have the same view of #2, I would suggest that #1 is nearly certain.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
(I'm as opposed to the death penalty as you apparently are.)

wow, something we agree on. cheers.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
I have a serious question and my point will be stated after I get an answer, This is mostly directed at Ranwill but any educated answer will suffice.

How many magicians are in the U.S.? In your answer please say wether or not you are including some guy who knows the disappearing handkercheif or if your number is an educated guess based on whatever.I do not know the answer but would like an educated guess.

NOBODY
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I have no idea or educated guess. How would you even define a magician for the purpose of coming up with a number?

But, so you can make your comparison, let's say there are a 100,000 magicians of some definition in the U.S.
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Ok first let me say that I am accusing NO member of this forum of ANYTHING.

There are aprox. 120000000 that is, 120 million gun owners in the US. There were aprox. 38000 total murders in the last 3 years .. (last available statitic) including those done buy hands, knives, other blunt objuects but lets say they were all done by guns and each one was done by a different gun owner. That makes the murder rate per gun owner .03pct.

A quick google serch led to me finding 50 different names, when I stopped counting of people claiming to be magicians being convicted of "endangering" (I used this term to aviod the M word) children. Now to be fair some of these stories are 2-3 years old but a lot were more recent. making the rate per magician .05pct.

Why do you make it sound like all gun owners are likley to kill when it is more likley that a magician would endanger a child?

Are you leaving the magic business due to these numbers?

Please reread the first sentance of my post.

NOBODY
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15933 Posts

Profile of tommy
I guess their websites could be counted.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, nums wrote:

Why do you make it sound like all gun owners are likley to kill when it is more likley that a magician would endanger a child?

NOBODY

I don't understand the comparison unless there are some very dangerous kid show magician's props out there.

My meaning is that whenever restrictive gun legislation is discussed, opponents point to the second amendment as if they believe that it guarantees that ALL U.S. citizens should be allowed to purchase and own ALL guns.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Randwill wrote:

My meaning is that whenever restrictive gun legislation is discussed, opponents point to the second amendment as if they believe that it guarantees that ALL U.S. citizens should be allowed to purchase and own ALL guns.

All U.S. citizens that meet the age requirements and are not convicted criminals and those that have not been proven to be mentally defective, should be able to purchase and own any gun that they desire.

Let's not get facetious about nuclear weapons or missiles.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
Quote:

NOBODY

I don't understand the comparison unless there are some very dangerous kid show magician's props out there.

I am refering not to props but the magician themselves, charged with and convicted of child molestation, *** I did not want to use that word but guess I had to. Tp be clear I do not blame magic or props I blame the individual.

[/quote]My meaning is that whenever restrictive gun legislation is discussed, opponents point to the second amendment as if they believe that it guarantees that ALL U.S. citizens should be allowed to purchase and own ALL guns. [/quote]

To discuss the 2A one must discuss the COTUS main goal to beggin with. It is a document LIMITING the power of the Government. We know this because if the Congress passes a law it can be taken thru the courts systems to see if it is Constitutional.

The well regulated portion of the 2a is not the amendment it is the reason for the ammendment. The Bill Of Rights are directives and the first part of the ammendment is not one, the second part is.

As far as restrictive legislation, since the 2a is to allow the citizens to fight an overly opressive government to ensure we maintain the state of freedom, I beleive that we should be armed as well as the avg. soldier.

N
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

NOBODY

I am refering not to props but the magician themselves, charged with and convicted of child molestation, *** I did not want to use that word but guess I had to. Tp be clear I do not blame magic or props I blame the individual.

My meaning is that whenever restrictive gun legislation is discussed, opponents point to the second amendment as if they believe that it guarantees that ALL U.S. citizens should be allowed to purchase and own ALL guns. [/quote]

To discuss the 2A one must discuss the COTUS main goal to beggin with. It is a document LIMITING the power of the Government. We know this because if the Congress passes a law it can be taken thru the courts systems to see if it is Constitutional.

The well regulated portion of the 2a is not the amendment it is the reason for the ammendment. The Bill Of Rights are directives and the first part of the ammendment is not one, the second part is.

As far as restrictive legislation, since the 2a is to allow the citizens to fight an overly opressive government to ensure we maintain the state of freedom, I beleive that we should be armed as well as the avg. soldier.

N [/quote]

So what you're saying is, there are more perverts amongst magicians than murderers amongst the whole population.
That figures, as Paedophiles tend to flock towards careers that involve close contact with minors.
You might as well divide up the number of gun owners, to the number of people with genitalia, as both may be needed to meet their ends.
Then again, I could be wrong.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of nums
Quote:
On Feb 17, 2015, Ray Tupper. wrote:
N

So what you're saying is, there are more perverts amongst magicians than murderers amongst the whole population.
That figures, as Paedophiles tend to flock towards careers that involve close contact with minors.
You might as well divide up the number of gun owners, to the number of people with genitalia, as both may be needed to meet their ends.
Then again, I could be wrong. [/quote]

No, what I am saying is there are more perverts amongst magicians than murderers amongst the gun owming population, I counted the gunowners as 120,000,000 the US population 300,000,000. You do not need genitaila to molest a child.

NOBODY
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Video of a well regulated militia stocking up in Texas:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/nat......deo.html

Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The "well regulated militia" again. (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL