The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Original Rings 'N Things Info (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
Does anyone know if the original Rings 'N Things (the 1970's company) every put out a catalog?

Thanks!

Mike
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I have one, PM your address and I'll send you a copy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21685 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The original Rings and Things never put out a catalog to my knowledge. I worked at a magic shop and never seen one. He usually contacted the stores with his new products. The original did most of their production on only a few items, Linking Rings, Zombies, Dove Pans, etc. Later he started to make the bottles and some other specially items when Tim Star came to work with him. Then the made a few Multiplying Candles and the Tim Star Candles. When the business was taken over by a lady, during the original owner hiatus, Tim Star printed a small booklet catalog of his items.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7346 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I also have a copy of the original caralog with the wholesale price list. Mine is signed by Mike Braxil and Sandy Byrne. It has a red cover.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
Thanks for the replies. I have some original Rings 'N Things Cups & Balls sets I recently purchased from a collection and I am trying to identify which cups are which and a catalog would certainly help.

Mike
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I'll scan the catalog and send to you. Only one set of cups in this catalog (also red cover)
For the cups, ad says "Our Monti Cups were designed by Harry Monti.... They come in four finishes:Steel, Copper, Gold and Aluminum...and so on
prices retail were
steel $20
Copper @15
Alum $6
Gold $6
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
The scan would be great Jim! Did you get the PM I sent you with my contact info?

Mike
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Pm received, will scan when I get back from doctor tomorrow.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
Thank you Jim!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4824 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Rings 'N Things - today:

http://www.rnt2.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Original Rings 'N Things Info (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL