The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touched by Morgan Strebler (37 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
I believe L&L already has the dvd's. Not sure why they haven't been released.

I do not believe they are a L&L product or release.

You may be confusing this wit Ricks L&L DVDs which were released and actually held up the other set of Rick with Banachek.

Thanks for clarification.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
27 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
I don't understand why the hate on Morgan and the touched dvd, try it and it works, it's that simple, people don't even try out things today anymore, if they don't like the idea of doing something bold, or that isn't comfortable to them it's not practical, really? oh and writing this ''Pigs love dirty mud/attention and all so I will not comment further.'' Talking from a high place is disrespectfull and if you are the man that you claim you are, you shouldn't talk like that about another fellow artist, pigs like attention? How about I tell a story about a man who claimed he tricked scientists for years under test conditions, but in reality, he tricked them under normal circumstances, and when put under test conditions they said the subjects were ''no longer worthwhile to fly them in'', but he loved to get the attention of the false claims, you have been bashing Morgan since he outsold you with liquid metal against your psychokinetic silverware, now it's the same thing with touches, jealousy should have no place in this art, if somoene does a better job, pat him on the shoulder, say congratulations and carry on, you don't have to love the guy, but don't throw mud in public.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Give me a break. One shouldn't talk or make claims about something they don't know about and also let's not confuse fact with opinion.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
Give me a break. One shouldn't talk or make claims about something they don't know about and also let's not confuse fact with opinion.

AMEN !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Hey guys! Here is my detailed review for Touched! Smile

Touched is Morgan Strebler's take on the PK Touches plot. On this 2 DVD set, you learn some great PK touches routines (gimmicked and non-gimmicked) as well as some great theory and performance tips.

PK Touches is basically an effect in which you touch one spectator and the other spectator feels that touch. There have been many versions and methods for this effect and on this DVD, Morgan shares his for the first time.

I really enjoyed this DVD. I have never really delved much into PK Touches, but this have given me a lot of material to go out and try at my next performance. A few of these can be performed completely on the spot with no gimmicks or pre-show.

You are also taught a few requiring either homemade gimmicks or gimmicks that can be purchased (or that you doubt probably own already). Morgan's Trench Touch is a beautiful touch which is completely impromptu and that I have already used and it is very powerful and deceptive. He also teaches Guarded, a touch where one spectator is in front of the other, adding an extra layer of deception.

Some of my favourites taught were:

Cigarette touch - in this touch, you sprinkle tobacco from a cigarette on one spectators hand and the other person feels it. This requires a gimmick that you no doubt already have and is incredibly deceptive to all watching. The spectator really feels the tobacco being sprinkled on their hand, even though you never go near them. Very good.

Blow - you blow on one spectator's hand and the other person feels it too. Requires a homemade gimmick which allows for the blow to be felt simultaneously from both spectators. Love it.

Rose/senses touch - this was my favourite on the entire set. You ask one spectator to close their eyes. You take a napkin and turn it into a paper rose. You hold that paper rose under that spectator's nose. You then also hold a real rose under another spectator's nose. The first spectator will then say that they smell a rose, but when they open their eyes, discover they have a paper rose with no scent (can be given away as a gift) and the other spectator is smelling the real rose. This fooled the crap outta me and the method is very cool.

The DVD was very well produced. You receive 2 DVDs. Morgan is an excellent teacher and goes over everything you need to know. Credits are given to those who have worked with the concept before if you want to delve deeper into the plot. No issues regarding sound or lighting either.

This really got me excited when I watched the trailer and I certainly wasn't let down. The material on here is great and if you are interested in PK touches, take the plunge and grab a copy of this. In my opinion, just the two impromptu touches and the rose routine (great for stage), you will have gotten your money's worth out of the $50. Highly recommended. 10/10

I hope this helps anyone still on the fence. Thank you!

James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Sounds excellent. Thanks for the review
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
James, thanks for taking the time to post your review. Have you seen Morgan's Penguin lecture? The effects you list sound familiar to me and I'm wondering if there is a crossover?
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Hey Sean. Could you elaborate a little?
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
James, thanks for taking the time to post your review. Have you seen Morgan's Penguin lecture? The effects you list sound familiar to me and I'm wondering if there is a crossover?

Hey, I have seen his Penguin lecture and off the top of my head, one of the impromptu touches taugh there is on the DVD. But nearly all of this is brand new and very clever and deceptive. Hope this helps? Smile

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
544 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:

I thought the same thing and I believe there's a little more crossover than one effect, but it's been so a while since I watched his lecture.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Not that this should surprise anyone at this point since it's a SansMinds production, but is it true that not everything which is on the trailer is taught on the DVD?
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2015, barts185 wrote:
Not that this should surprise anyone at this point since it's a SansMinds production, but is it true that not everything which is on the trailer is taught on the DVD?

I know SansMinds does have issues regarding ad copy integrity but all the PK Touches shown on the trailer are taught. However, the can trick and the shadow thing aren't taught and seem to just compliment the trailer's cinematography.

Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I will watch this right now Smile

I keep you updated.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
This is pretty good project actually!

Imprompty PK Touched, nice 'gimmicks' and preparation, I like it !
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Hey everyone,

Some of the stuff was briefly covered on my penguin lecture. Due to time I really could not go into real detail of the routines. I've changed some much needed blocking on some of the routines on this DVD. There is also new routines that I've never published anywhere. I go into great detail on my thinking and psychology on the plot. This project stands on its own though. I really tried to leave no stone uncovered on this dvd. I'm glad you guys are liking it.

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Also the can effect was for cinematic enhancenent of the trailer. Nothing more.

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I love this. I also love Banachek's original. These touches taught on Morgan's DVD are really different.
Some are way quicker and just really great for the purpose they are intended. Everything is taught in complete detail with lots of tips and touches
to get you rolling. Great purchase.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Any chance of this becoming available as a download?
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
This is very good. I could've paid $100 for this and still been happy with my purchase.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Yup, told you it was great.

I'm sure even Banachek will agree when he sees it.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Touched by Morgan Strebler (37 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL