The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Cutting the Aces (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi all.

I hate it when this happens. Can someone tell me where I saw this effect explained. The deck is cut into four piles with two aces on two of the packets. Then the hands are crossed, the top two aces are lifted, shown and dropped onto the other two packets. Then the next two aces are shown and dropped into their respective packets.

I have seen it performed many times, but I forgot where I have seen it explained. Malone? Not sure.

Thanks in advance.
Yours,

Ivan
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
First time I saw it was by Gary Ouellet, called the 3 second wonder. I believe it was in Apocolyse and on one of his videos, best of Ouellet vol 1 dvd
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Haven't watched that but thanks. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
J-L Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of J-L Sparrow
This sounds very similar to "Grand Illusion" which is (I think) in Bob Longe's "World's Greatest Card Tricks" book, and which he credits to Father Cyprian.

However, in the trick as told by Bob Longe, the hands aren't crossed; rather, the four piles are in a square arrangement, and the revealing of the aces happens in an "unfolding" manner, like a flower unfolding its petals. It could be that Father Cyprian's version of the trick has a different handling and may involve some hand-crossing.

It's a neat trick; it's one of my favorite "four Ace reveal" tricks.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Also most recently is DIY Aces from Patrick Kun's Patrified DVD, which sounds very similar to what you described.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks for all the help guys. Really appreciate it. Trying to remember where I have seen it explained. It was a DVD and most probably an L&L one.
Yours,

Ivan
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
It is definitely 3-Second Wonder first published by me in APOCALYPSE. Also did FOUR-Second Wonder, and am currently doing a book which will include a new, easier version of that. HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Actually, it is Swindle Cut Aces.

See this discussion...
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I'm not an historian so I can't discuss some of the things mentioned above - I do know that I published THREE-SECOND WONDER in the April, 1987 issue of APOCALYPSE. I'd never seen anything like it before and I never heard of Swindle Cut Aces but, as mentioned, I'm not an historian. And Gary was a personal friend; when he sent me an item I never would, never did, question it. And yes, he did tell me that he's been inspired by my Double Take. HL.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
J-L Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of J-L Sparrow
Quote:
On Feb 18, 2015, Harry Lorayne wrote:
It is definitely 3-Second Wonder first published by me in APOCALYPSE. Also did FOUR-Second Wonder, and am currently doing a book which will include a new, easier version of that. HL.

A new book by Harry Lorayne will be out soon? Excellent!

Thanks for your all your hard work and contributions, Harry!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Thanks Mr. Lorayne, that's the one I was looking for.
Yours,

Ivan
Wenzelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Wenzelo
Looks nice
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Cutting the Aces (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL