The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi can anyone tell me of good places to busk in the UK.
Other than London or Bath?
If you know of good places in Wales that would be great!
Do you know any towns that aren't often worked? If you're willing to share them.
Or any advice you like to give about busking in the UK.
Thanks Mario
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Mario,

Check out Gary Animal's business site at http://www.magicpitch.com/ and his personal site at http://www.garyanimal.co.uk/ . Gary has some info up on http://www.garyanimal.co.uk/pitches.html , for example.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Newbury in Berkshire is okay. Weekends in front of Corn Exchange (Look out for the drunks in the Hatchet!) Salisbury in Wiltshire is splendid most of the year round and the Council / Police support it.
Ring council offices for their buskers info, work near enough where you like and it picks up the tourists from the Cathedral and Stonehenge.

Good place is in the Market Square especially on market days Tuesday / Saturday. Oxford is OK but not been there for a while just off the center where the pedestrian way is.

Marlborough in Wilts (The widest High Street in the UK, set up on the bulge in front of the book shop) Hats a bit low but great on the College prize days.

In Wales, Swansea in the main shopping street where the victorian fair is held (Look out for Jim Fox and his Irish ditties) Short shows work best here as people tend to rush around (Probably looking for sheep!)

Have worked Splot market (But also had a stall selling Svengalis so one fed the other) Abergavenny on market day (Worked it twice) Very good hats. Warwick (Get permission first) In the square, do it during the summer (Mid week) The castle pulls the punters into this quaint old town. Must admit that Salisbury during the school holidays is one of my favorites.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks for the tips guys.
Any other tips that others may have will be great.
Mario

UPDATE: Feb 28, 2004

I hit Abergavenny today, Hard work because it was below frezzing, but I pulled them in and warmed them up. I did a half disant hat, better all round in the summer I am sure.
Thans Mario
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Hi all,

I'll be in London from May 12 to about May 19. Where do the buskers work in London?

I do plan to get over to Stratford to catch Gary Animal's act.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Well It has got to be Covent Garden, in central London.
I hope you have a good tour.
Mario
johnloon
View Profile
New user
UK
54 Posts

Profile of johnloon
I got some good quality leather pouches.
email me if interested and I can send you some photos

johnloon@hotmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL