We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Russian Roulette Routines for kids (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2231 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Do any of you perform Russian Roulette Routines for kids? What tricks are those? I have tried several times and it seems not to work well for me. I feel it is more a mentalism effect.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
It is not a mentalism trick. It is at best mental magic. But it is not really a kids trick.

How about this, though - do the classic Spike routine, but instead of a spike, have an egg. It is funny when an egg gets crushed, not so funny when a hand gets pierced. Russian Roulette effects can be adapted for kids shows with a bit of imagination.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8745 Posts

Profile of harris
In TLR a while back there was a routine ending with sitting on a Whoopee Cushion.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
migwar
View Profile
Elite user
west yorkshire, UK
457 Posts

Profile of migwar
Christopher T Magicians has a great routine in Beyond Look Don't see.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1284 Posts

Profile of danfreed
There is a trick called Russian Roulegg, though I haven't tried it. You can also do that type of thing with slush powder in 3 cups - if you get it wrong the magician gets water poured on head, etc.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6223 Posts

Profile of RNK
I did use Russian Roulegg a few times. It is easy to do and does garnish very nice reactions and fun with the audience. Also nice- packs very small!!

RNK
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Feb 19, 2015, TonyB2009 wrote:
It is funny when an egg gets crushed, not so funny when a hand gets pierced.

Great idea. BUT ... in the traditional presentation we prove we knew where the "safe" choice is. MISSING the egg would not be at all satisfying for kids; as you said, it's crushing the egg that's funny. Of course, the joke could come after you show you knew the safe cup, when you casually rest you hand on the table and smash the remaining eggs!

Also, until a certain age I don't believe kids really understand the roulette concept.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
True and true, Starrpower.

Maybe have eggs in three bags, and only one safe. Then smash every egg and miss the safe bag each time?
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Water Monte is great for kids. The risk of getting wet is fun, but not scary for kids. In the routine I use there's lots of business and switching pf cups for laughs, then ultimately the water vanishes.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2497 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Although it seems obvious, I think performing any type of danger roulette for children is a bad idea. Especially doing something like smashing your hand on bags with one of them containing a nail is way too easy to emulate. I know I wouldn't appreciate a magician doing that in front of my five year old son.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Paul, said it very well. Kids may try it at home and the next thing, you are on the phone with your lawyer.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
But isn't the point of this thread to discuss a roulette routine for kids? I don't think anybody is endorsing anything dangerous, which is why eggs and water were suggested. The worst result there is gonna be mom getting mad about a messy kitchen.

(Sometimes I question whether people are reading the posts.)
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2497 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Starpower,

You are exactly right, we are discussing what to perform for KIDS. I was just stating what I hope is obvious which is that the danger ones should not be performed for children.

An idea I have for the roulette for older children is to put something that seems to be of great value to you as the performer.

Note: I haven't tried that routine but I think putting something of great value to you as the performer would be entertaining if you have good acting skills to ham up your reactions.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2486 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I agree of course that you should not use the nail or bottle etc for kids but I don't buy into the superman effect.

if kids are dumb enough to try something I blame the parents...especially today.

mean while I use the 3 cups of water with S powder

but I have both a magical ending and a funny ending.

first I perform it and they guess and at the end all the cups are empty. BUT as I finish up I take the same 3 cups one at a time saying see its empty and put it over my head and turn it over. and it is empty. (keep in mind I already showed all 3 empty by inserting a pencil thru the sides of the cups) I take the 2nd cup and turn it over my head and nothing comes out.
i take the 3rd cup (which previously was shown empty) and turn it over my head BUT water flows out over me and of course the kids laugh and scream and love it.

so you have a vanish and reproduction - magic and great funny ending

i only do this for early learning centers or for kids 4-7 older kids I just play it straight.

sam

by the way I do like the egg roulette but I would want to end with it being smashed. much funnier but messier . that's why I do the water. a little water never hurt any one...ok well killed the witch in Oz but other then that no one else was hurt. Smile
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1639 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Here is a great kind of funny and scary routine that is great for children of any age. (Bish Bash Bosh)It's a routine with smashing a egg.
Supreme Magic (Devon) had a trick with 4 colour boxes with 4 matching colour disc it's a just chance where the birthday child always end up with the big prize.
Tricky Ricky
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I use a cupcake that I brought along for a snack. My volunteer and I successfully smash the bags and complete the routine without smashing the cupcake - to applause - which is when I "accidentally" smash the cupcake in my hand as I clap along with them. Not nearly as messy as an egg or water - and always gets a great response from the kids.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
chiassai
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of chiassai
Good evening, I would like to buy Roussian Rouleggs, I read that it comes with fake eggs, I ask if there is a final change to do with real egg, if so I do not think it is for me. I thank in advance those who will answer me, it will be fundamental for the decision on the purchase.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1926 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
If you watch the video, it does end up with a real egg.
chiassai
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of chiassai
Quote:
On May 6, 2022, KC Cameron wrote:
If you watch the video, it does end up with a real egg.

Is the change made via a gimmick? Is it simple to do? I ask because I don't really like "strange maneuvers"
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1926 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I just bought it. I will tell you when it arrives if no one has answered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Russian Roulette Routines for kids (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL