The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Getting a spinner to stop on the same place. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielWeppler
View Profile
New user
Toronto
21 Posts

Profile of DanielWeppler
I'm looking for a way to get a spinner (like the twister kind) to stop on the same color evry time. What do you all think would be a feesable way of doing this.
-Daniel
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2015, DanielWeppler wrote:
I'm looking for a way to get a spinner (like the twister kind) to stop on the same color evry time. What do you all think would be a feesable way of doing this.

magnets
DanielWeppler
View Profile
New user
Toronto
21 Posts

Profile of DanielWeppler
Should of mentioned, I'd like a way other than magnets.
-Daniel
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Magnets are the best way to go and the worst way to go. They are best in that they work well. They are worst in that when they work, it looks like something was pulled by a magnet. It is very difficult to hide their use. Probably the best way to go is to arrange the color choices so that one is VERY subtley lower in height than the others. This will allow the spinner to spin in a natrual looking way is it gravitates to the color of force. A very small tilt on the table will get the job done. Good luck with it.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I tried this with both a min and large prize wheel, you know the kind you spin and it flaps , then stops on a spot. It never worked 100%, then I simply used a double envelope at each spot. this made it possible to show each one different and otherwise "empty". So I did not need a gimmicked wheel.
I would also note, this was not my original idea. I wish I could remember who told me. It works brilliantly.

Dave
DanielWeppler
View Profile
New user
Toronto
21 Posts

Profile of DanielWeppler
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
I tried this with both a min and large prize wheel, you know the kind you spin and it flaps , then stops on a spot. It never worked 100%, then I simply used a double envelope at each spot. this made it possible to show each one different and otherwise "empty". So I did not need a gimmicked wheel.
I would also note, this was not my original idea. I wish I could remember who told me. It works brilliantly.

Dave

Thanks or posting this Dave, you gave me a great idea. If you are talking about the kind of wheel used on the price is right then you could put a heavy weight on the opposite side of where you want it to land, the weight will pull that side down and bring the preferred side up.
-Daniel
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Yes, I was referring to that type of wheel, but in the upright position. I thought of using a weight, but I wanted to have multiple spins with 3 correct predictions. the weight does not allow for that.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Yes, I was referring to that type of wheel, but in the upright position. I thought of using a weight, but I wanted to have multiple spins with 3 correct predictions. the weight does not allow for that.

The Spirit Clock Dial allows for different stops, wherever you want it to stop as long as you can hold the spinner between spins.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch......al+magic
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Getting a spinner to stop on the same place. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL